It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visa, Mastercard suspend all operations in Russia, 'effective immediately'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Ksihkehe

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada.

I'm not aware of the second story... But even without context I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scale of the two are a bit different.

It shows directly the hypocrisy of who he's talking about, so it isn't different at all.

Does it?

I'm American... Ones a story about one person (which is still horrific), and the other is about a country being invaded.

I like to think I'm well read, but sometimes I miss some of Canada's news. But missing a war and I'd be living under a rock.

Again, I'm not saying the story shouldn't be covered or discussed. I'm just not sure it's comparable to a war.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The scale is different, but the principle is the same. They are simply following their globalist leaders, doing what they are told. They were told that the truckers were the bad guys and the enemies of democracy, so they did nothing to help them. They were told Russia are the bad guys and the enemies of democracy and Ukraine needs help, so they are doing what they are told. There is something seriously wrong with this picture.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I think often times the west makes decisions without thinking, and that's the problem. I'd be surprised if there's a grand conspiracy here, but rather incompetence or fear.

But that's just speculation on my part. The last few years have taught me to be surprised.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

The scale is different, but the principle is the same. They are simply following their globalist leaders, doing what they are told. They were told that the truckers were the bad guys and the enemies of democracy, so they did nothing to help them. They were told Russia are the bad guys and the enemies of democracy and Ukraine needs help, so they are doing what they are told. There is something seriously wrong with this picture.

NO.

While there are certainly some sheep among us, WE do NOT need anyone to tell us the difference between right and wrong.

Our Mothers did that long ago.

Besides WE only really laugh at msm democrats nowadays, only those sheep pay any attention to what they have to say about anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

Not everything is this or that.

I don't understand why everything has to be put in the lens of domestic or western politics. Why does everyone feel more comfortable if they can just associate with a cause if they can find a connection to their political affiliation? That's something I don't know if I'll ever grasp.

For the record, I think what the truckers did was fine, I think what their government did to them was horrible. I also think Ukraine should be able to defend their sovereignty, yet I don't think my country should get involved. I pick and choose my stance, I don't let a party do it for me. I think the world is far too nuanced for any two choices with any given subject, so I reject that narrative all together.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: Ksihkehe

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada.

I'm not aware of the second story... But even without context I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scale of the two are a bit different.

It shows directly the hypocrisy of who he's talking about, so it isn't different at all.

Does it?

I'm American... Ones a story about one person (which is still horrific), and the other is about a country being invaded.

I like to think I'm well read, but sometimes I miss some of Canada's news. But missing a war and I'd be living under a rock.

Again, I'm not saying the story shouldn't be covered or discussed. I'm just not sure it's comparable to a war.

We are at war though, against the globalists. The situation in Canada was a vain attempt to peacefully rectify it, but all it resulted in was violence from the authorities, and cancellation by the government. The same tactics being used against Russia right now. Can't you see what is wrong here? They treat the Russians exactly the same as they treated the Canadian truckers. This is the new normal, this is how they operate. They will destroy you financially if you don't tow the line. If people are being treated for exercising their democratic right of protest in the same was as a warmongering president is, we are clearly living under a tyrannical regime.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

The truckers stood up for their freedom, which I'm cool with. The Russian (government) is infringing the Ukrainians.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'd like the west to refrain from hitting the Russian people... But I'm not sure I agree with the comparison of peaceful Canadian protestors and Russia with an active invasion of a country. I'd be more willing to see the Ukrainians and truckers as a comparison.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Which is exactly my frustration with the entire situation. The Canadian truckers, who I was rooting for, are being tarred with the same brush as Russian warmongers. I understand the scale is vastly different but it's still the same evils behind both.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I personally think most of it is controlled chaos. Creating situations and letting humans be human. Create scenarios and promote or limit options. Lately the reins have been drawn and it's a closer quarter battle.

People know the game is bs, they know how value is manipulated, they know how perception is manipulated. The only logical eventuality is total control under a singular ideaology.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
all the russians are unvaccinated!

until they shoot themselves up with Moderna and Pfizer, no VISA or Mastercard!

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

They're at around 50%.

There's plenty of countries with similar populations and vaccination rates. Are they next by your logic?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: dontneedaname

They're at around 50%.

There's plenty of countries with similar populations and vaccination rates. Are they next by your logic?

You call that Sputnik V a vaccine? It's trash! Only products that support Zionist interests are approved. Moderna and Pfizer!

in other news...

Apparently there is a MIR payment system which accounts for 25% of total volume now, after starting in 2016 due to sanction. I suspect that will increase rapidly in short order. 40-50%? More?

www.zerohedge.com...

ZH article also talks about Union Pay - China. That will prob gain market share too.

www.unionpayintl.com...

Maybe the speed and scope of sanctions has caught Russia off guard...but they'll have options.

More world polarization! Looking forward to WW 3! The world PYRAMID needs to be destroyed.....I mean the SOCIAL PYRAMID.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reading some Twitter comments...it sounds like VISA/MC issued by Russian banks will still work INSIDE RUSSIA only. So just not for traveling?

a twitter comment:

"Visa's press release implies that Visa cards issued in Russia will still work in Russia."

Here's the press release

usa.visa.com...

"Effective immediately, Visa will work with its clients and partners within Russia to cease all Visa transactions over the coming days. Once complete, all transactions initiated with Visa cards issued in Russia will no longer work outside the country and any Visa cards issued by financial institutions outside of Russia will no longer work within the Russian Federation."

The first sentence implies no VISA at all though, contrary to Twitter comment above.

Are the 2nd and 3rd statements just more clarifying then? It's a little confusing.

Regardless...people will just flock to other alternatives. In traveling I've always seen that UnionPay logo, never knew what it was until now. I've never seen a MIR card logo, not that I've ever looked for it.

Well..not many countries (most) Russians can travel directly to at the moment...but Turkey is still open - and that is #1 destination for Russians I think. Of course value of the Ruble has crashed...but then so has the Turkish Lira...based on this chart from XE...the current xhcange rate just goes back to what it was mostly before Turkey's Lira collapsed.

www.xe.com...

So...sounds like Turkey tourism is still good. I was in Turkey last year.

edit on 5-3-2022 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Donald Trump's ATM card just stopped working.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Donald Trump's ATM card just stopped working.

Lol
Should have gotten cash for that happy ending.
Lol

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Anybody that's been paying attention knows that Visa is completely onboard with and active participants in the NWO plan to control everything. They've been a willing and eager participant in cancellation of unpopular opinions when simple internet bans don't suffice. The last effort before criminalizing thoughts is removing the ability of sites and individuals to process payments.

People should have revolted when Visa was given the power to pick the proper opinion it's users have, when the governments started spending money they didn't have, and when they criminalized dissent. Protections for unpopular opinions from overzealous payment processors was in the works, but Biden could not allow it to remain. Trump was involved so the law protecting your right to speech without being removed from society was axed by "liberal" Joe Biden.

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada. The massive machine of "progress" is slowly rolling over the citizens, now to the thunderous applause of allegedly freedom-loving liberals and conservatives. If people don't start demanding equal protection under the law it will be too late and the payment processors will own everybody. Once digital currency rolls out it'll be too late to object.

If Visa and all these corporations want to start taking sides in wars and engaging in them then they should be subject to targeting. Being the CEO of a company does not make you any less of a combatant if you're taking strategic actions against an "enemy". These actions have real consequences to regular people. Maybe the powerful will take a few more minutes to think about their actions if they aren't "exempt" from the very real consequences they so thoughtlessly visit upon vulnerable people that are powerless to defend themselves.

Screw Visa. Screw bankers. Screw virtue-signalling corporations. Screw politicians. Screw the press. Screw anybody that sides with them over their fellow citizens. I have far more in common with a regular Russian than I do with the CEO of Visa or Putin or Biden.

Great post I pretty much agree, it's been mentioned elsewhere, we aren't far away from corporations running everything.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I really wish they were not targeting the average citizen with these sanctions.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The entire country of russia is targeted.

The entire country of russia is responsible.

While russia tries to destroy the entire country of Ukraine.

I don't care at all about any single russian until russia deals with it's putin idiot and removes all russians from all Ukraine.

Not even if millions are starving.

Their choice, not ours.

Even then it's likely to be a VERY long time before I care, and MUCH longer than that to believe or trust russia about anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have a very strong feeling this is going to go south very very quickly, they are pushing putin to take drastic action, its one thing to punish him and some of the oligarchs its another to hurt the populace......

The war mongers at the top in our gov , including the puppeteers for the Biden regime, are pushing us to disaster on a scale never seen before

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

That's your opinion and you are of course entitled to it. It's my opinion that taking everything we can away from the oligarchs will inspire them to take care of the problem. The average citizen cannot take out Putin, but some of the oligarchs can.
edit on 5 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join