It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visa, Mastercard suspend all operations in Russia, 'effective immediately'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Obviously Putin will shrug at this . Russian banks will simply start issuing their own debit and credit cards.
F*ck Visa and mastercard

Watch their stock plummet and them change their minds too late

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
When we have the flare up with China what will they turn off in America.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: putnam6

These sanctions will likely hurt Europe more than Russia. It might Russians for a while.

Doesn't matter even a little bit, even IF true.

Not paying attention?

U.S. and Europe are completely ready and able to take whatever russia can throw at us economically.

We will survive fairly comfortably.

russia won't survive at all.

edit on 5-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

YOU KNOW this is Just PROPAGANDA Generated by the Globalists and their Media Minions , RIGHT > ? If People Do Not See the OBVIOUS there then they are ALL Lost...........(

I read this and yelled exclusively for the all capped words... Lol

link   
This reminds me of my school days, when everyone tried to stay on the good side of the bullies so they wouldn't be a target. Trouble is, bullies get bored and look for new victims.

It's okay to do it to Russian citizens because...Putin Bad. It's okay to do it to Canadians who are tired of being locked down because.....they honked their truck horns. Oh! And anybody who dared to support those anti-government overreach horn honkers because...well, they must be anarchists.

If you go along with the government- no matter what they force upon you- you can have a little of the money you work for after they take taxes off the top. If you think you have the right to speak out, or make decisions about what you put in your body, you will be an anti-government, right-wing extremist danger to all and you will no longer have anything.

Our administration is using innocent citizens as pawns- they want to make the people suffer to the point of overthrowing their leader. What goes around comes around, and America has DECADES worth of #hit coming back our way to look forward to.

I think it's time to start teaching our children the Chinese language.

link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
When we have the flare up with China what will they turn off in America.

We are prepared to take on both ccp and russia at once if necessary.

Fairly easily.

With many HUGE long term benefits for every American.

Tell ccp to stop with the big talk threats and bring it if that's what they intend to do.

We'll be right here shaking in our boots.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I'm tired of my nation and its allies reacting in haste.

I'd rather be proactive and with tact.

Cooler heads > over zealous.

It's a pipe dream, but it's what my wishes would be.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah , You LIKE Starving Russians , or Any Other People for that Matter ? Are you an American ? Well , If Not , then Realize Americans are Starving Right Now too Because of Our Globalist Controlled Federal Government that Recently has Had it's Hands in All this WAR DRAMA in EVERY Country in Europe and the Rest of the World . They are Trying to Start a WAR , ANY War that Gives them What they Want . CONTROL of You , Me , and EVERYTHING ..........WAKE UP !

edit on 5-3-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Quite the logical connect the dots you went on.

Comparing the actions towards Russia as Canadian truckers. What they did to truckers was disgusting, but they didn't shell cities... So there's that.

Then a quick Segway into saying this will result in China taking over... Isn't China softly backing Russia? But you're acting as if Russia is the victim of the west?

Maybe I'm looking to far into the buzzword salad. I'll see myself out.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

These are not 'sanctions'.

That is true, since these are companies making the decisions.

But I still think punishing the average person of Russia adds fodder to the Putin narrative that the west is directly hostile towards Russia. It's hard to argue that narrative when the average person there is going to feel it.

We have to remember that governments make decisions, not the people. I don't want to punish Russian people just like I don't want to be punished for my daft politicians' actions.

How is this hurting the "aversge" Russian?

The order simply state that Visa cards issued outside of Russia will no longer work in Russia.

While Visa cards issued from within Russia will no longer work outside of Russia.

So the only "average" Russians affected would be who travel outside of Russia.

That doesn't sound terribly "average" to me.

After all, how many "average" Americans need to access foreign-issued credit cards, or need to use their US issued credit card outside the US (for any reason other than convenience)?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

YOU KNOW this is Just PROPAGANDA Generated by the Globalists and their Media Minions , RIGHT > ? If People Do Not See the OBVIOUS there then they are ALL Lost...........(

I read this and yelled exclusively for the all capped words... Lol

Sometimes You Just NEED to Express Yourself in a Manner your Brain Wants your Vocal Cords to Emphasise Through Another Non Verbal Medium , No ? ....................*)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

With all the sanctions it's going to be hard for Russians to get a hold of certain goods.

They won't be able to order from international vendors.

Maybe it's not the end of the world, but again, it is something aimed at the broader citizenry and not those in power.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

" We will survive fairly comfortably. "

Oh Really ? Are you Maybe a Member of the 1 Percent Club ? " Survive Fairly Comfortably " ? What EXACTLY is that State ? Desperate People Will One Day Take EVERYTHING You Own to Continue their Existence here on Planet Earth If " Saner Heads " Do Not Prevail in Squishing this Insane Talk of WAR . It Will Only get Worse for ALL of US if it Does Not........

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I'm tired of my nation and its allies reacting in haste.

I'd rather be proactive and with tact.

Cooler heads > over zealous.

It's a pipe dream, but it's what my wishes would be.

I agree with this so much. Just don’t see how we could be proactive with anything. Any solution to any international problem has to be hurtful in someway to either cause avoidance of the issue or stopping a current one.

The problem is these shapes drawn on maps. If everyone was one, you know like a human race, we could work together. We are not the human race though. We are American, Chinese, British, Russian, Brazilian, Iranian, so on and so forth. Everybody making decisions based on how it helps their shape on the globe and not the race itself.

Why do people say a one world government would be bad? This 500 governments sure as hell ain’t working. Let’s try something new.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Imagine some fraudulent regime in America doing this same thing here when the entire country is outraged at future government obscenities. What would people do? What will Russia do in retaliation? This is not the way to stop a war, this is going to escalate one.

Who ordered Visa etc to do this?

NOBODY ordered Visa to do this except Visa's customers, and then the Visa board of directors.

'Vilolently invading a neighbor'

NOT

'government obscenities'

Creative attempt though.

Nope, you totally misinterpreted my post. When Putin starts pushing buttons, let's hope you are not in the target zone.
Read the post just below mine and be schooled, cuz you need it. VISA's customers? You mean the multitude of merchant accounts which represent thousands upon thousands of businesses who will lose their @sses because of this? They ordered it? LOL okay.
BTW you don't know squat about who did what or if orders were given by whom. Nice try at trying to be the president'e.

edit on 5-3-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Anybody that's been paying attention knows that Visa is completely onboard with and active participants in the NWO plan to control everything. They've been a willing and eager participant in cancellation of unpopular opinions when simple internet bans don't suffice. The last effort before criminalizing thoughts is removing the ability of sites and individuals to process payments.

People should have revolted when Visa was given the power to pick the proper opinion it's users have, when the governments started spending money they didn't have, and when they criminalized dissent. Protections for unpopular opinions from overzealous payment processors was in the works, but Biden could not allow it to remain. Trump was involved so the law protecting your right to speech without being removed from society was axed by "liberal" Joe Biden.

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada. The massive machine of "progress" is slowly rolling over the citizens, now to the thunderous applause of allegedly freedom-loving liberals and conservatives. If people don't start demanding equal protection under the law it will be too late and the payment processors will own everybody. Once digital currency rolls out it'll be too late to object.

If Visa and all these corporations want to start taking sides in wars and engaging in them then they should be subject to targeting. Being the CEO of a company does not make you any less of a combatant if you're taking strategic actions against an "enemy". These actions have real consequences to regular people. Maybe the powerful will take a few more minutes to think about their actions if they aren't "exempt" from the very real consequences they so thoughtlessly visit upon vulnerable people that are powerless to defend themselves.

Screw Visa. Screw bankers. Screw virtue-signalling corporations. Screw politicians. Screw the press. Screw anybody that sides with them over their fellow citizens. I have far more in common with a regular Russian than I do with the CEO of Visa or Putin or Biden.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sure. Make the most difficult for the average Citizens !!!!

🤣🤣ass frick'n backwards🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada.

I'm not aware of the second story... But even without context I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scale of the two are a bit different.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada.

I'm not aware of the second story... But even without context I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scale of the two are a bit different.

It shows directly the hypocrisy of who he's talking about, so it isn't different at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I expressed this sentiment yesterday. The further isolated they become the more Russian propaganda they're fed, ONLY Russian propaganda.

Will they look to their government as the cause, or more likely an us vs the world scenario.

They seem to be setting up the need to not only cut the head of the snake but also disassemble the body.

I'm getting closer to believing the plan is to force escalation to the point that some feel they have cause to wipe out Russia and Russian sentiment alltogether.

I realize this may be too out there for some, but in the end we may see the first land of no national respresentation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join