It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Sun: Trucker Convoy Arrives With No Clear Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Changed their plans late last night . Meeting was at Capitol with Cruz and Johnson and then with Cruz, Johnson and Media

Truckers Meeting With Cruz And Johnson and with media (2:19:45 long)
meeting starts at about 17 minutes end - then media joins roughly (at 1:08:00)
Meeting ends (at 1:50:13) mask reporter who works for "Daily Beast" and talks a little with Brian (Co-sponsor of convoy) after meeting ends at 2:02:46

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: Byrd

The People's Convoy consists of The People.

There are many convoys, as well as protestors that will converge on DC. That's how it works and was always supposed to work. Any that can't make it to DC are organizing smaller convoys locally, not sure what's so hard to understand about it.

Are there more coming in (honest question... I don't follow the convoys)?

What are they protesting? BS mainly, of all sorts.

According to Fox News they intend to keep circling the Beltway "until their demands are met."

Here's the thing... you can protest for a vague idea ("Freedom") but unless you have something specific in mind (the Selma marches of 1965, which were demands to pass the Voting Rights Bill (later the Voting Rights Act of 1965)) you're not likely to get anywhere. As far as I can tell there's a laundry list and it varies from "no mask mandates" to "No vaccines" and a hundred other things.

Without a clear goal, no one can effectively change the situation to meet your needs. They'll just flounder around.

It is what is about to happen in DC that IS organized is what I'd be focused on.

It's several days later, and ... I'm not sure what you anticipate. They came, they're driving around DC and mingling with traffic (the convoy fragments when they get into traffic) and they've met with two Senators. I don't see that as much of a triumph when they could have had every one of those truckers ask for a meeting with their own Senator and Representative -- but In the words of the organizer, they are 'fearful' of entering DC. The State of the Union convoy truckers went in, held a rally (a tiny one, but a rally) for the same cause and nobody got arrested or hurt or anything. If the People's Convoy had merged with them and had a single talking point they wanted (like "end-don't-extend Trump's Pandemic National Emergency"), then they'd have a lot more traction and would present a united front to lawmakers everywhere.

(If you ever wondered, here's how you can get a face-to-face with your Congresscritter. Easy-peasey.)

edit on 9-3-2022 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's the thing. It seems like no one really knows what the heck the demands are. They canceled the loop around the beltway today because it was raining.

I don't think the "movement" can get much traction without a clear plan and the inability to handle the loop on a rainy day doesn't really make sense. It's not a storm. It seems like a half serious effort.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foggy2
Changed their plans late last night . Meeting was at Capitol with Cruz and Johnson and then with Cruz, Johnson and Media

Meeting ends (at 1:50:13) mask reporter who works for "Daily Beast" and talks a little with Brian (Co-sponsor of convoy) after meeting ends at 2:02:46

www.youtube.com...

They met with two Senators who don't have a lot of political power over the agencies that would oversee some of the issues they're concerned with. If they'd wanted to meet with the senators overseeing the Health, Education, and Labor Department -- Senators that are currently holding a set of meetings this month about the pandemic, THAT would have been a lot more effective. There's a lot of Republican senators on that list that would have been happy to meet with them.

There's an upcoming meeting on future actions on pandemics scheduled for next week and with a thousand people presenting a well-stated concern, they could probably have gotten someone like Rand Paul to sponsor them a few minutes to address these lawmakers or to even present their written statement to the lawmakers.

Now... just my opinion, but I feel that would be far more effective than driving around the horrible mess that's the Beltway.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

That's the thing. It seems like no one really knows what the heck the demands are. They canceled the loop around the beltway today because it was raining.

I don't think the "movement" can get much traction without a clear plan and the inability to handle the loop on a rainy day doesn't really make sense. It's not a storm. It seems like a half serious effort.

I do applaud their NOT going on the Beltway today. Traffic is horrible and there's little to be gained by driving in those conditions. They'd probably have gotten stuck in traffic jams because of the wrecks.

Perhaps they'll stay in and work on a succinct statement of what everyone wants that's put in an achievable way (like "end Trump's Pandemic Emergency Act" or some such.)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

New link since Youtube took down video

rumble.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Not when there are people on the beltway trying to cause an accident involving the convoy.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Today many Senators and House Rep's have been receiving phone calls from the people in their States to support "The People's Convoy."
Since this is an election year and when people start calling about the same thing, they will take notice and will have to talk with the convoy.
Trust me on this!

Back in 1994, (also a mid-term election year) their was a Bill in Congress called HR 6 ... Homeschoolers got organized by Christian Radio and we called --
3.2 million calls in 6 days -- HR 6 got defeated, had it past it would have stopped homeschooling in the United States

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Foggy2

Oh geez, did I miss the videos of people trying to cause the convoy to get in accidents? I mean I heard today that a trucker was very very upset that people are flipping them the bird.

Maybe these truckers aren't used to the beltway and the way people drive? There are crazy drivers daily that cause accidents, I've not heard they are targeting these trucks.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

www.youtube.com...

They met with two Senators who don't have a lot of political power over the agencies that would oversee some of the issues they're concerned with. If they'd wanted to meet with the senators overseeing the Health, Education, and Labor Department -- Senators that are currently holding a set of meetings this month about the pandemic, THAT would have been a lot more effective. There's a lot of Republican senators on that list that would have been happy to meet with them.

There's an upcoming meeting on future actions on pandemics scheduled for next week and with a thousand people presenting a well-stated concern, they could probably have gotten someone like Rand Paul to sponsor them a few minutes to address these lawmakers or to even present their written statement to the lawmakers.

Now... just my opinion, but I feel that would be far more effective than driving around the horrible mess that's the Beltway.

The purpose of meeting with these two Senators was two-fold. 1st to get they foot in the Capitol , these Senators have been outspoken over the mandates (have also written Bills against the mandates) and 2nd to draw the media's attention with the meeting with the Senators and their cause.

They accomplished both

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oh geez, did I miss the videos of people trying to cause the convoy to get in accidents? I mean I heard today that a trucker was very very upset that people are flipping them the bird.

Maybe these truckers aren't used to the beltway and the way people drive? There are crazy drivers daily that cause accidents, I've not heard they are targeting these trucks.

No, the media didn't cover the accident caused by a driver in an SUV. The trucker had video of the SUV cutting him off, then slowing way down, forcing him to slam on his brakes and causing another truck rig to rear-end his truck rig.
Yes, the police did pick-up the SUV and cited him with reckless operation and causing an accident.

The police had informed the truckers before they were even out on the beltway, if they have any trouble:
get a description of vehicle,
get license plate number (if possible),
and note the between mileage markers of the incident,
then dial *77.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thanks for letting me know. It appears both sides are playing dangerous games. The video below shows drivers being forced to drop their speed to a stop as the truck drivers box them in, with no traffic immediately in front of the trucks that would cause them to do this.

Twitter

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Thanks for letting me know. It appears both sides are playing dangerous games. The video below shows drivers being forced to drop their speed to a stop as the truck drivers box them in, with no traffic immediately in front of the trucks that would cause them to do this.

Twitter

The truckers that were "blocking them in" DID NOT belong to "The People's Convoy!"
The reason I know this the video is from the LEAD TRUCK of the convoy that day. The convoy was all behind him. He goes by "sasnak" (Kansas spelled backwards), He has the cross "hood ornament" on his hood.
Notice at the end of your video , he was saying the license plate number and mileage marker when the video stopped.

This is the reason they are not going into Washington DC.
They know that there would be hired instigators, that might "join in."
But, every truck and vehicle driven by any person in convoy has to provide their drivers license, description of what they are driving. and license plate. If anyone is caught breaking any laws on the road, the convoy leaders will press charges. This is why most have phone or video cameras with them mounted.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ah, ok. Crazy

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, the convoy arrived back in Hagerstown on the 17th. Not going well. Some sort of plan to silently converge somewhere last night. But someone leaked the discussion. There were also some fist fights but they didn't want the cops there as some people have open warrants.

Then just now, the cops had to be called. Apparently the heads of the convoy are holed up in some luxury RVs and people are accusing them of stealing donations. The cops were called, and now they are being kicked out of the speedway at 10pm.

Watching a live stream the guy said the organizers had huge tour busses that they were renting for 20k a week before donations started to dry up and they downsized to the Rvs.

Well here's the stream, I'm not sure how far back it goes. I didn't see the cops arrive tonight, but they are discussing what happened.
Live stream
Link

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join