It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley's astrology Magic.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm not setting out the rituals, but how he used astrology magic, so he waited for days when Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star, or Sirius the Isis star was on a Cardinal Point, being Due South, North, East or West. this was done on one of three points of the day being ancient Greek day marker being sunset prevoius to date, the Florentine Calendar would explain:-

en.wikipedia.org...

Sunrise being ancient Egyptian day marker, and after 1582 when the Gregorian Calendar was used, we now use midnight as the start of the day.
Crowley used Hermetic astrology and if he was invoking a powerful demon, he would use Sirius and Alnilam and Hermes/Mercury the Messenger of the Gods and master of magic.
www.hermetic-academy.com...

I thought i would start with when he called up the demon Choronzon, quote below:-
"The ritual for crossing the Abyss took place on December 6, 1909, outside the town of Bou Saada. Crowley and Neuberg walked out into the desert until they found a valley that had a suitable floor of fine sand. They formed a circle of rocks, drew around it a magic circle, and then drew a magic triangle. The Demon would be invoked into the triangle. The circle would protect Neuberg, who would sit within it, armed with a magical knife and a notebook for recording what happened. Crowley intended to enter the triangle, a dangerous act for a magician. He thus became perhaps the first magician in the Western magical tradition to offer his own body ritually as a vehicle for manifestation of a Demon.

Before the start of the ritual, Neuberg took an oath that he would defend the magic circle “with thoughts and words and deeds” and would use the knife to attack anything that entered it, even Crowley."
occult-world.com...

So the Date is 6 December 1909 near Bou Saada in Algeria.
Egyptian sunrise day marker was chosen, the Sun rose with Mercury within 2 degree's while Sirius was setting in the West, a very powerful invoke, but he needed it if he messed with Choronzon, graph below:-

edit on AM5131Sat, 05 Mar 2022 08:21:51 -06002022th31amSat, 05 Mar 2022 08:21:51 -0600 by AstroStar because: Adding link.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thank you for the post and the links. I woke up thinking "what am I going to do today?" Then I read your post and checked out the links. This kind of thing is one I'm most interested in. So star and flag for you!

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AstroStar

Wouldn't the rising in conjunction with Antares and the Beast Therion/Lupus/Hound of Hell bringer of chaos also not have been significent?

Otherwise known as "the demon of dispersion", Choronzon is described by Crowley as a temporary personification of the raving and inconsistent forces that occupy the abyss

Choronzon is deemed to be held in check by the power of the goddess Babalon

Antares/Scorpio was represented by the Goddess Ishara, concerned with purification she despatched the unworthy back into the Underworld, Lupus was the personification of the raging river Ur-Idim and the Autumn floods when the waters of Heaven returned to the Abyss.

edit on 5-3-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So what was the conclusion ?? did he become a demon or enter the nine hells ?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Yes you are right, Antares is near but out of 1 degree margin used by astrologers, however some astrologers use bigger margins.
I was waiting for some like yourself to bring this up

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Hi Madrusa,

It is very apt that the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn chose sunrise Egyptian day marker, while True North or Nadir, pointed to the center star of the Belt of Orion called Alnilam associated with Osiris:-

1st March 1888

files.abovetopsecret.com...

On 1st March 1888, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn was established with the opening of
the Isis-Urania Temple at 17 Fitzroy Street, London, with Dr. Westcott, S. L. MacGregor Mathers (a
member of the Rosicrucian Societies High Council) and Dr. W. R. Woodman, Supreme Magus of
the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia, as the three chiefs.

l-v-x.tripod.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The problem there is that 1st March isn't what it used to be, the first day of the Roman year, and the astral events that were significant to the day now transpire Mid-April according to Urania's Mirror, times change.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Hi Madrusa,

Antares is out by 1 and 3/4 degrees of being in orb of the rising angle therefore it is not within the one degree orb used by astrologers for fixed stars, however Crowley may have thought it had some influence.

The first of March is interesting and may have been a nod to the Roman Calendar in symbolism, we added 80 days to the Julian Calendar in 0046 BC being the Year of Confusion, link below:-

en.wikipedia.org...

We can look for other symbolism, William Wynn Westcott co-founded The Golden Dawn and was master of Quatuor Coronati lodge being the premier research masonic lodge around the world:-
en.wikipedia.org...

You will find quote on link below:-

"On 12 January 1886, Quatuor Coronata Lodge 2076 was consecrated at Freemason's Hall in London."
The reason it was given the name of Quatuor Coronati was the legend of Ars Quatuor Coronatorum.

And you will find quote below:-
"The collective name given to two Groups of Martyrs-five sculptors and four master masons , who were put to death by Emperpr Diocletian on the same day, 8th November, in the year 298 and 300 AD."

I'm only showing one date as the other will show the same, look at the front page of the first ten editions of transactions on the left which is very Egyptian.

freemasonrymatters.co.uk...

Both dates for the opening of the lodge and the killing of the martyrs involve Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star along horizon with the Sun.
Please note one graph is dated the day before, being ancient Greek daymarker being the previous sunset to date.

edit on AM1131Sun, 06 Mar 2022 04:17:11 -06002022th31amSun, 06 Mar 2022 04:17:11 -0600 by AstroStar because: Adding link.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

They're likely more concerned with the rising of Antares with Canis Major and Orion in opposition, also the Spring Triangle figures prominently which was the basis for their twin pillars cult from Sethian Gnosticism, in fact i think you're looking for an Osiris/Orion cult and finding the complete opposite.

edit on 6-3-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hi Madusa,

You are a Great archaeoastronomer, however you deal with far larger orbs or margins, as you deal with the Sun being below horizon to be able to see the stars, and we put in any mountains etc at location, as they had to be viewed at location without the glare of the Sun.

Belief in astrology is different, the chart you posted for sunrise on 11/1/1886 is wrong as you should have used sunrise on 12/1/1886.
Although i was able see your connection with the Chorozon chart to Antares, out by approx 3 degrees of exact, i can't see what you are getting at with your chart, as Antares is approx. 37 degree's out of the horizon in the East and esoteric astrologers wouldn't use such a margin, in fact i use one degree and wouldn't use more than three,

Quote below:-

When you blend the meaning of the fixed stars with the
natal planets in your chart, it adds a great deal of texture
to the understanding of your planet/star combination. I
normally use a three degree orb of influence between
stars and planets, but the commonly accepted orb is only
one degree. A research project I did several years ago
indicated that people felt the effects of the stars from this
wider distance (which can amount to millions of miles).

astromark.us...

The Quatuor Coronati lodge, would never be looking at Antares being esoteric astrologers that is approx. 37 degrees off the horizon in the East, that is the difference between astrology that can plot a star on the horizon and what ancient people can see, it is very different.
In truth i have studied astrology however i sit on the fence over belief.

edit on PM1231Sun, 06 Mar 2022 12:13:12 -06002022th31pmSun, 06 Mar 2022 12:13:12 -0600 by AstroStar because: Edit

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Cool!

S&F.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I'm not really looking at it in terms of Astrology but the general relationship between Antares rising and Sirius and Orion setting, and visa versa, the Spring triangle will also be very prominent around the time of the Heliacal rising of Antares and that's important in Masonry, also the rising of Lupus which is what i think Crowley would have taken as Choronzon, Therion the Beast of the Abyss

Choronzon

Even though Lupus is taken as the Beast of the Abyss and Centaurus the guardian the Abyss itself is located in Crux as a Mesopotamian constellation, the Coalsack nebula, so that also needs to be considered due South, it would have been visible in the far South of Algeria.

Of course as Sirius rises as the Sun sets this is it's period of maximum visibility.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I love your posts, however for electional astrology they need to be more focused on the day and don't use margins more than 3 degrees off the Cardinal points,

en.wikipedia.org...

If you think by using an animated chart that lupus is within three degrees of cardinal points, i'm willing to listen, as you know 4 minutes is equal to one degree, so is the time it moves exactly on the horizon.

The Philalethes Society is another masonic research Society that most American Freemasons respect, it was founded on 1st October 1928 in Cedar Rapids,Iowa.
Ancient Egyptian Sunrise day marker was used at location with Sirius culminating at True South, so fringe beliefs do merge with regular Freemasonry, any comments?
If you look on above link you will find under members that A.E. Waite become a member approx. ten years after establishment, he had been a Freemason, a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Societas Rosicruciana and founder of The Fellowship of the Rosy Cross.

en.wikipedia.org...

Link to Philalethes society below, where Waite is mentioned:-

philalethes.myshopify.com...

Can you see anything more in chart below?:-

Tap image it should make it larger.

edit on AM2631Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:41:26 -06002022th31amMon, 07 Mar 2022 02:41:26 -0600 by AstroStar because: Adding info

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Crowley arrived in Cefalu, Sicily on 1st April 1920 to start the A.A. and the Abbey of Thelema, and probably did a ritual, quote :- "The Crowleys arrived in Cefalu on 1 April 1920.[90] During their stay at the abbey, Ms Hirsig was known as Soror Alostrael, Crowley's Scarlet Woman, the name Crowley used for his female sex magick practitioners in reference to the consort of the Beast of the Apocalypse whose number is 666.

en.wikipedia.org...

Midnight day marker used, Alnilam setting under a degree Aldebaran setting under two degree's from horizon, graph below:-

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Perhaps they are what are refered to as ephemeral elections, but really i think the concern is more with general Heavenly dynamics, personal Astrology is silly because they give everyone the wrong star sign anyway not accounting for precession since the signs were fixed, in the past observation of the Heavens was only concerned with the Gods and their proxy rulers.

So my concern is with the greater picture, if you take for example the founding of the Grand Masonic Lodge 1717 i can't see how any particular star or constellation is of any particular importance there, but the bigger picture is interesting, the Milky Way forming a grand arch.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hi Madrusa,

Yes the Grand Lodge in England is main stream, meaning they follow the Legend of Hiram Abiff, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...

They aligned to Saint John's Day, but don't align to the stars, Yet there are within their ranks, those who follow the Regius/Halliwell Manuscript that say's freemasons originated in Egypt:-
milwaukeefreemasonryformenandwomen.com...

In some ways i agree with you about astrology in general, but i follow and understand the oldest of astrology being parans for short, which is Egyptian, which was what Crowley used and is the title of this thread.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Today this is called Hermetic astrology magic:-
en.wikipedia.org...

I'll be back tomorrow with new charts.

edit on AM3831Mon, 07 Mar 2022 09:43:38 -06002022th31amMon, 07 Mar 2022 09:43:38 -0600 by AstroStar because: Adding link.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I thought i would start today with the Illuminati.
P;ease scroll down link to 6 The Revival of the Order of the Illuminati in 1895, please note date of date of 12 March 1901 in Berlin and 19 November 1786 in Regensburg. Quotes below:-
"Thus on 12 March 1901 'the Illuminati Theodor Reuss, Leopold Engel, August Weinholtz, Max Rahn and Siegmund Miller, who were joined by Max Heilbronner and Georg Gierloff ' met at Reuss’s home in the Belle Alliancestrasse at Berlin 'and resolved to re-open the (Ludwig) Lodge which had been founded at Munich in 1880'.17 . According to the minutes the dormant Ludwig Lodge was 'ancient and accepted', which infers an ignorance of masonic terminology. In any event, whatever the Ludwig Lodge at Munich may or may not have been, it was certainly never regular. The following officers were then unanimously elected."

And:-

There was yet another warrant or its equivalent. According to Leopold Engel it had been given to Adam Weishaupt when the latter was at Regensburg on 19 November 1786 by 'the Prince of Rose-Croix Bro. Louis-Gabriel Lebauche of Bazeille, near Sedan. It had always been in the possession of Illuminati and is now in the custody of the Ludwig Lodge.'18"

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca...

The original Illuminati aligned to 1st May 1776
en.wikipedia.org...
They originally aligned to Walpurgis_Night.
en.wikipedia.org...
Also known as Witches Night

Below is an astronomy graph of the Sun rising on 19 November 1786 in Regensburg, Germany, this is called the Sunrise day marker:-

The above picture was the Sun rising in the East, the picture below is the same time but along Western horizon, so as the Sun rises both Alnilam and Sirius are setting, this is a very rare alignment, the tilt, axis and location of the Earth needs to be exactly right to horizons, which is probably intentional.
In Mystical Orders Sirius and Belt of Orion have special meaning:-

The other date of interest regarding the Illuminati was 12 March 1901 in Berlin, Germany, Modern midnight day marker was chosen, you will see Sirius setting in the West, astronomy graph below, 00:00 for time means midnight.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The problem with Astrology is that it won't even take into account there was a Big Dragon in the sky.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hi Madrusa,
If the astrologer wanted to fix the Hydra or Alphard to location, they would have used the Cardinal points.
The C.I.A. use the astrology, so perhaps we can look at the date that they were formed, it is the same date as the United States Army, Air Force and Navy were re-aligned to in Washington DC, by the National Security Act of 1947, President Harry Truman signed the document that activated the act on 18th September 1947, he was a 33 degree Freemason, so the buck stops there, As the Sun rose at location, Alnilam the Osiris star was culminating at True South, graph below:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well that's actually very funny because the Hebrew tradition which the Free Masons would share see's Orion as bound, maybe by the National Security Act of 1947

The Aramaic and Syriac names of Orion have been connected with the ancient Oriental tradition that Nimrod, who is called in the Bible a hero and mighty hunter, was fettered by God for his obstinacy in building the tower of Babel, and was set in the sky

The point i am making is that the likes of Crowley who was a natural born Sethian that falsely claimed to be Horus because that's what they do would not be interested in the Cult of Osiris, neither are the illuminati and neither are the Free Masons or the CIA, they are more concerned with the opposite horizon, the destructive purification of Antares and the Beast, and they do not worship Orion/Osiris as they are all under Sethian control and influence.

The constellation Orion is in the Bible called Kesîl, "fool" and Job is asked: "Can you loosen the chain of Kesîl
". Perhaps Orion is seen as a giant demon chained by the God of Life just as ´Ur in Mandaean texts is chained. In Aramaic, Orion is called Nephila, cf. the Nephilim

In drawing attention only to Orion and Canis Major on various days and not providing any greater context you create the false impression that this is somehow a secret cult of Osiris, and that's the complete opposite of the truth, so i prefer the more balanced perspective, the activities of evil people on various ominous days.

edit on 8-3-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join