It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keto Desserts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My wife and I have been dieting for quite a while. I've shed about 35 lbs. now and she's taken off about 17 lbs. so far. She's been doing the Keto-diet thing and it's been working great for her. I just quit drinking alcohol and quit eating as much and that works for me, so it's a lot harder for her (poor thing). Anyway, the wife has got a gigantic sweet tooth! And when she's trying to diet that humongous sweet tooth sticks out of her forehead like a narwhal tusk! (i.e. she gets really grumpy). So, she had to find some kind of a dessert she could eat. FTR...desserts and keto-diets don't belong in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence! That was...until now. She found this recipe which is shockingly good, and it won't throw her out of keytosis (and she does the whole blood-testing thing multiple times per day and everything).

OMG are they good! And the best part is, they have no carbohydrates in them, and no sugar (both arch-enemies of the keto diets).

The basic idea is, they are like Reese's peanut butter cups, but with no sugar and no carbs. The ingredients are just all-natural peanut butter (or other 'butter' like cashew or almond), coconut oil, vanilla extract, monkfruit sweetener, sea salt and cocoa powder. First you make the peanut butter part (peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt and some of the monkfruit sweetener), put it into a mini-cupcake pan with the paper cupcake liners, and then chill it for an hour. Then you make the chocolate ganache part (cocoa powder, coconut oil and some monkfruit sweetener). After the peanut butter part has cooled and hardened, you top with the ganache and chill in the frig for at leas another hour (some recipies say 3 hours) and let it harden. It is just off the rails good! Probably one of the best desserts I've ever had (diet or no diet).

Here's one recipe, but there are lots of others out there. Note: the recipe below uses Stevia as the sweetener, but monkfruit is way better and tastes just like sugar without that funky aftertaste you get with stevia. You can use whatever non-sugar sweetener you like (I think).

These things are definitely NOT low-calorie, but they are no carb and no sugar (aka: keto-friendly). So, here's one recipe example:

Peanut Butter Fat Bombs - Keto Dessert

If you guys would like the exact recipe my wife uses, I will be glad to get it for you, but it will be tomorrow before I can do that because she's out like a light right now.

Trust me when I say these things are just FANTASTIC...and I'm not even on any kind of Keto diet and I love the dang things! They've got that salty-sweet-chocolatey thing going on and it's excellent. They call 'em 'Fat Bombs', but I just call 'em THE BOMB! They're 100x better than Reese's, and they're better for you too. (very rare)

Check it out!

edit on 3/5/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I just drink kale smoothies.

No other things for me. I'm not that fancy.

Sure, they.. ugh.. taste like rotten seaweed or some sort of grass, but.. ugh, they do me just fine. And no one wants a taste, which is always a good thing. No one likes it when they ask for a taste of your dinner. Lets be honest, I want cheese on toast. That's keto? Fried cheese? It better be, or I'm really falling apart.

But really, to be honest, I just eat migoreng noodles. it's a wonder I don't look like Christoper Hemsworth, really...

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just quit drinking alcohol and quit eating as much and that works for me, so it's a lot harder for her (poor thing)

How I got off 19kg after pregnancy in 3 months! Alcohol was less the problem but I lost the difference between being "full" and "not hungry anymore". I just used a smaller dish plate and ate less and more conscious. Picked up riding the bike and went jogging (amateurishly) to burn some excess energy on top of it.

Lost these 19kg without any grudges or bad mood. I discovered it was really just enjoying the taste but I get the same out of less if I enjoy it more conscious and eat slower and therefor less.

Add: Oh yes you should try Jericho's idea

The basic idea is, they are like Reese's peanut butter cups, but with no sugar and no carbs.

booo!
edit on 5.3.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Kale?? KALE???? Did you just say...KALE????!?!?!?!?!

I...HATE...KALE!!!

LOL!

Freaking ditch-weed they use to give people corporal enemas with!

When people go to hell, they first go through purgatory where, for eons, they are given high-pressure Kale enemas on an hourly basis, until Kale shoots out of their spleen! They are constantly humiliated by zoo monkeys who are fed nothing but Kale, and who roll up little Kale balls and throw them at people. Kale is the...THE DEVIL!! Kale is...a GARNISH!

I...HATE...KALE!!!

You did that on purpose, didn't you, mentioning Kale, because you just knew...I LOATHE Kale..., huh, din't you??? You did, didn't ya?

**BLECH**, Kale!

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮☣☣

edit on 3/5/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

That was the key to mine too.

Eat smaller portions. I already had the savoring down.

Now that I'm at 5 workouts of around 500 to 600 calories burned each week, I can increase my caloric intake a bit more, but I still need to watch my portions. Still I am, and always have been, a champion savorer, so I've got that going for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Try it in soups. It's not bad there.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Try what in soups?

Peanut butter desserts??? I'm sure that's not what you meant.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I used to like sweets, but when I started to take a small glutamine supplement, 500 mg in the morning, within a couple of months my craving for sweet stuff turned into a dislike of anything really sweet. That one pill also made my joints feel better and it got rid of my problems with an occasional spinny head from a rapid decline in blood pressure and since a couple weeks after that, I rarely get light headed...I also lost twenty five pounds in a year. The side effect....I don't like cookies, Cakes, and donuts anymore. I still like fruit pies made from scratch though, just a little less sugar in them. Bread I still eat, so it is not certain carbs. I have lost a lot of inflammation everywhere, but once I lost that weight, I am not losing much more, but my muscles are working much better...so I overdo things once in a while and hurt myself...especially my shoulder joints from lifting hundreds of pounds and carrying them. I am sixty six and did lose some muscle mass over the years.

When I started taking a glutamine pill twice a day, it seems like my muscles are again getting bigger, but not nearly like I had before when I was doing construction. But now I can easily get up without need for support...which I had benefitted from from just one small supplement. I am not losing more weight but seem to be losing fat, building more muscle back seems to be increasing weight as fast as I lose fat I guess.

Will this work for others? Who knows. I also take a 500 mg taurine for my epilepsy and in the last two years my cholesterol went down according to blood tests. For such a cheap treatment, about fifteen bucks a month total for the taurine and L-glutamine, I have had good results in controling my seizures, lowering my cholesterol, and slowly losing weight. I also do take some mineral pills, and an occasional B complex, but those I was taking before I started the taurine and glutamine. Best part is now I feel like doing a way lot more around the house and do not get fatigued. I didn't like it when I had no energy and was sore in all my joints including my back.

Again, I do have some genetics shared by the inuit people, just one point seven percent, and only three percent of northern European people have this genetics. So this may not work for everyone. It does counteract the anti-epileptic food chemistry I consume to lower glutamate levels in the body and that excess glutamate causes inflammation. Cabbage is the worst culprit there, it blocks glutaminase or a similar enzyme that lowers glutamate in the synapses of the muscles which leads to inflammation. The calming and happy feeling of glutamate might help calm a person, but if the level increases to much it causes inflammation of joints and ligments...a balance of glutamine and glutamate is needed. Glutamate in the nervous system including brain is different than it's use in the muscles and ligaments....those two reserves have different purposes.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Kale, but you knew that. As a green, it holds its integrity better in soups than most others.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   

OHHhhhhhhhh!

Now I understand, and actually, given my day today, no, I'm sorry; I actually didn't know what you were referring to.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

OK.

It was a topic that had been covered before. At any rate, you can't really taste it in soups, but it actually looks like more than limp, green slime like spinach devolves into. It remains an actual leaf-like green.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Kale in soup is the only allowed way to serve it IMHO😎

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Fat Bombs!!!
Brings back the old days when low carb was a big thing!!
👍👍👍👍

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
For the amount of time i have, the closest i get to actually doing keto desserts is apple slices and berries. Not the most keto with the apples, but its a trade off i make because i love apples.

I have lots of keto dessert recipes. The key lime pie is probably the best. I've made a decent white chocolate that I used to make truffle from. Its not good for just eating though.

The one thing stevia does is dry out like sugar. So you get that snap that sugar provides.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've wondered why people are against stevia.
I've seen negative comments in product reviews on Amazon.

Seems to me it is a clean alternative to sugar, I use it in my coffee.
Taking care not to the the stevia that is adulterated with bad fillers.
edit on Wed Mar 30 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Probably because of the same reason folks hate gluten...its a fad.

Erythritol is found in the skins of grapes. In larger amounts it can give you bad stomach cramps due to it leeching water out of the intestine. In moderate amounts its a good sweetener.

I combine it with Splenda when making sweets. 50/50 mix of it as the sweetener in an almond flour pie crust makes for a great low carb and low cal pie crust. And the stevia makes it have that slight crunch that makes graham cracker crusts so good.

The only 2 polyols I avoid are maltitol because it creates a larger insulin response than sugar, and xylitol because its deadly toxic to dogs. Monk fruit has a bitter taste to me that I can't get over. But taste is such a personal thing...its great we have options to match so many tastes.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We use xylitol, but have no dogs around. Not for cooking though.
Mostly in toothpaste and lozenges for dry mouth, cough drops.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join