It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukranian child soldiers or more propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Someone posted this on FB today and its someone ive already caught once spreading propaganda, supposedly :

International press is not talking about is child soldiers trained on the model of ISIS I received these pics last night and I am truly stunned. It is the military training of children affiliated with the famous AZOV battalion. A group of neo-nazi's operating in Ukraine and have for many years which was encouraged and funded by the last governments in Kyiv and the United States of America In 2015. The pictures are recent and not fake

Anyone adept at reverse image search or anyone from the area that can actually either verify or debunk this?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have no doubt Ukraine has militia just like that, hell we probably have some here in America

it doesn't mean they should be invaded.

Besides a failed invasion will create a more fervent Ukrainian militia base.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
double post brought to you by Dominion Software...

edit on 4-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

'The pictures are recent and not fake'

How could anyone possibly argue against such compelling 'evidence'?
I mean, there's no way in this day and age to dress

up a bunch of kids for a fake phot-op; besides, who would ever dream of perpetrating such a hoax?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It just looks like stock images from summer camps and such from before the war. There's nothing wrong with children learning the safe use of firearms and love of country learning outdoor survival. It's pretty much an American hobby after all.

The youngest folks I have seen captured all seemed to be legal fighting age. I mean one fellow could have been 16 or 17, but as an adult most baby faced 18-20 year olds look like kids to us. At least all the POW's we have seen on camera seem to be getting treated with respect and dignity on both sides.

The folks fighting for Turkey in Syria and Libya had no such respect though.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I have no doubt Ukraine has militia just like that, hell we probably have some here in America

it doesn't mean they should be invaded.

Besides a failed invasion will create a more fervent Ukrainian militia base.

Absolutely agreed

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It just looks like stock images from summer camps ...

You got it right.

Look at the trees with all the green foliage. Currently we have winter time in Eastern Europe. That means no green leaves on trees (unless evergreens, which are not present in the images).

Additionally, you no snow or mud, people in t-shirts etc. Definitely not winter pictures from Ukraine.

Doesn't mean there is no militia or child soldiers, just means those images are not current.
edit on 4-3-2022 by Torlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Who are dying from vaccines now? Distracted anyone?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Who are dying from vaccines now? Distracted anyone?

Still pleanty and were going to see a hell of a lot more over the next few years

The potential for WW3 is a valid reason to be just a bit distracted, but trust me most of us still watching this Covid thing and the Vaxxines havent forgotten, its just the media that has tried to memory hole it

But thanks for the deflection

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Throw in swimming, canoeing, and archery photos and that would be a nice summer camp brochure. You can't judge their ideology by looking at a few pictures alone.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
We teach our young to shoot around here, we work them up from BB guns to rifles. Gun clubs have classes for the young, but it is just training to shoot. Once in a while a teenage kid will have his or her picture posted with their deer and they get a lot of trash on their pictures from those who hate guns and hunting....which is a necessary education in this world. If something happens, people should train their kids to shoot safely and to identify problems with risk of injuring others behind where they shoot. gun safety classes are good for the youth, it is not these people who usually are out shooting at others, but people think they are a threat even though they are responsible good people

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

These pictures could be from gun safety and use training, heck in boy scout camp we had rifle ranges to practice at, and there was someone there to watch after us to make sure we were safe. Just because there are pictures of kids with guns does not mean they are in training for the army, but chances are that these kids will be sought out to be soldiers because of their skills in shooting. A lot of the young with shooting skills here in America do join the armed forces, usually they are outdoors people too, they desire a job that they can use what they learn. So I will not condemn the Ukraine for training the young to shoot because that is important. It is like teaching martial arts, most people also learn self control in both martial arts and gun training.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is the whole story about this

LINK

It say

Formally part of the Ukrainian National Guard, Azov is a de-facto private army which was originally financed by oligarch Ihor Kolomoisky. Its current sources of funding are unknown, and the battalion says it relies on private donations.

So doubt they are in government program... just something else

Pics are not recent at least 5 years old
edit on 4-3-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Here is the whole story about this

LINK

It say

Formally part of the Ukrainian National Guard, Azov is a de-facto private army which was originally financed by oligarch Ihor Kolomoisky. Its current sources of funding are unknown, and the battalion says it relies on private donations.

So doubt they are in government program... just something else

Pics are not recent at least 5 years old

Thank you for that info, im trying to scrounge together all I can on this stuff, theres a HUGE amount of crap coming out that the Urkainians are all nazi etc etc etc, or at least that a huge contingent of their fighting force is, and my common sense tells me this is bullsnip, yes there will always be racists WHEREVER you go, but this narrative being pushed needs to be blown wide open an exposed

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea
And it's open at 10am tomorrow morning.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Here is an excellent (non-partisan) source of info on Azov Battalion and it's roots as a Neo Nazi organization:

GeoHistory Link

The group was created by members of two closely related ultra-nationalist and neo-Nazi organizations: the Social-National Assembly and the Patriot of Ukraine (Miller, 2018), and it quickly gained a reputation for helping the underequipped Ukrainian military forces. Azov eventually became an official regiment in Ukraine’s National Guard.

Azov’s Rhetoric in Light of Changing Ukrainian Discourse

There has been a state-sponsored glorification of Nazi collaborators in Ukraine. In 2015, Ukraine made it a criminal offense to deny the heroism of two WWII paramilitaries, the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) and the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. Both of these “fascist organizations collaborated with Nazi Germany, carried out ethnic cleansing and mass murder on a massive scale,” (Rudling, 2011). Furthermore, state officials have publicly made anti-semitic statements, including a parliament deputy going on an anti-semitic rant on television and a far-right politician remarking that Hitler didn’t finish off the Jews (Golinkin, 2019).

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Ukraine began military training of 12 and up in 2014 as a result of russian invasion.

Not warfighter training until 16 though.

Ukraine wanted to survive the next russian invasion.

NOBODY under 16 was officially allowed to stay for this battle, but just like U.S. in ww2, I'm sure some younger ones lied about age or just said F you, I'm staying anyway.

See 'Kharkiv Kids" for example of how successful this was.

Hopefully the russian bully will now be disarmed so an entire generation of Ukrainians can go back to being kids.

edit on 4-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hear of a lot of civilians being killed fighting. Could someone tell me just where is the actual Ukrainian army?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I hear of a lot of civilians being killed fighting. Could someone tell me just where is the actual Ukrainian army?

Most are surrounding that hoplessly trapped russian army.

The rest of are leading Territorial Defense units that have been doing the russia city repelling all over Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

All 600 of them?

Frightening bunch, those 'nazi' fetish clowns.

Surely justifies russia invading a peaceful country of 45 million that poses zero threat to russia.

Oh wait...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join