It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire breaks out at nuclear power plant in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is just breaking now, but it has been reported that Russian forces shelled the nuclear power plant and it is on fire.

The Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine is on fire, according to Dmytro Orlov, the mayor of the nearby town of Energodar.

“A threat to world security!!! As a result of relentless shelling by the enemy of the buildings and blocks of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant is on fire!!!” Orlov posted to Facebook.

“I demand, stop! Immediately stop shelling the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant point blank,” the mayor said in a video message. In an earlier post he wrote, “stop shelling the Zaporizhzhia power plant"

www.cnn.com...

This is very bad news if it goes into a meltdown.

Russia needs to stop!

Here is a live stream from the plant.

edit on 3-3-2022 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Thanks!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If CNN told me that water was wet, I would call Bullsh!t.

Nothing is happening at that reactor.

This is just more Bullsh!t pumped through a crappy webcam.

edit on 332022 by Wide-Eyes because: Smoke and mirrors 🚬

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So is this a real video or another video from an old war or another video game. I have been saying for days I expect a fake nuclear event to be pushed. I don't believe anything about any of what is going on right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Fox is reporting it too....
seriously ..

Russian artillery fire is blasting Ukraine's largest nuclear plant, sparking a fire, hours after international atomic regulators warned combat at the facility could wreak havoc, according to Ukraine authorities. Video posted to Telegram, an encrypted messaging app, early Friday local time appeared to show a projectile landing outside the facility, creating a large fireball. Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine's Minister of Foreign Affairs, tweeted that Russian forces were "firing from all sides" on the facility.

www.foxnews.com...
I

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is just more Bullsh!t pumped through a crappy webcam.

Maybe... Wouldn't be the first time in this conflict.

But if the report is true this is really bad.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Faux news?

MSM is MSM.

They all lie.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

seriously ..

Russian artillery fire is blasting Ukraine's largest nuclear plant, sparking a fire, hours after international atomic regulators warned combat at the facility could wreak havoc, according to Ukraine authorities. Video posted to Telegram, an encrypted messaging app, early Friday local time appeared to show a projectile landing outside the facility, creating a large fireball. Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine's Minister of Foreign Affairs, tweeted that Russian forces were "firing from all sides" on the facility.

www.foxnews.com...
I

They are also still showing videos that have been proven to be old unrelated videos as current Ukraine videos. Not saying this is fake, just saying nothing can be believed anymore.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well, then believe no one...I dunno what to tell you,
I am just reporting what is being reported.

I would love for it to be false.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I would love for it to be false.

It is.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

seriously ..

www.foxnews.com...
I

My question is, though they lie, which is indisputable.....they will just jump on stories.....if this was happening would they lie about it?

I imagine it serves them to not post anything painting Russia in a bad light?.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Fire fighters were being shelled and had to abandon the fire.
Likely the fire is in an administration building.

But, hey...shell one of the largest nuke plants in the world...what could go wrong?

FOX said increased radiation levels are now being reported from the plant.
edit on 3-3-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A reporter on the ground did say that the fire was contained to the administrative buildings...for now.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Same uploader.

Using CNN as a source should be grounds for...

Idk

The live stream was looped in my estimates, is that normal?

Then there's always the possibility I'm a dufus cuz I'm human.

The channel has a range of uploaded materials, blm crap not like Andy's.
edit on (3/3/2222 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Funker530.com has a video up supposedly showing a fire fight including rocket attacks on the plant.

Take from that what you will.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I dont think there's a building that they can safely let burn.
These idiots could cause another Chernobyl.
I doubt they have a connection. Stupid Russians should bomb their own units if they dont.
Maybe they do it on purpose

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The Russian military is not completely incompetent therefore there is no way they would intentionally Drop Bombs on a Nuclear Power Plant .

If the Russian military wanted that Nuclear Plant disabled they would insert Spetsnaz to go in and manually disable the plant .

Wake up people this is not a Movie .

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This development has me concerned the most. Especially if the reports are true that the Russians are firing AT the nuclear plant

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

If they wanted to blow up a nuke plant they would have lobbed a cruise missile at it just like everything else they wanted to take out. That or a MLRS salvo...

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Well, we will see what happens.

Russian troops would be stupid enough though if you ask me, as most of them didn't even know where they were going even after they got there... so it wouldn't surprise me if they were not aware of what they were shooting at, although seeing what Russia has been doing to the population, I think it is all open to question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join