It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky was Irresponsible in Asking Citizens to Fight Russian Soldiers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

Yeah. We did that, in the US...occasionally do that...it's called the "draft". Very few ways out.
Health, school, religious objector.

No such way out in Bearville..say goodbye.
edit on 03221631America/ChicagoThu, 03 Mar 2022 07:47:16 -060047202200000016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: carewemust

Resistance shows russians are not immortal. We have to be carefull.

They have to fight for their lives and freedom, against the occupant. If everybody leaves, where they want to come back after war? New Russia on Ukraine? This is fight is not another war for oil. It is about existence and future.

Someone has to have balls.
We will get rid of Putin and push russians behind the Ural, where they originally belongs.
Slava!!

Your determination built on faith is noble. Obviously you don't see this as a time to "stay alive to fight another day".

Through most of recorded history when your country was invaded it wasn’t questioned, you fought for your country.

However, when pitted against the odds, history has also shown us that living to fight another day can offer a longer life expectancy to do damage to the occupying enemy. Afghanistan?

Afghanistan has its mountainous regions, excellent defensive areas, no doubt full of caves to hide in and retreat to. Ukraine has mountains and it seems this is where some of the fierce fightings is happening, but its such a smaller area compared to Afghanistan. Afghanistan it's east to fade away across the border into Pakistan, in Ukraine most of the border is Russia or Belarus

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

you obviously have no clue how russia fights wars if you think they show restraint, what they do is surround cities and bombard everything until they surrender, they dont care about human rights and civilians are fair game.

the only holding back going on is because they are focusing on positioning themselves, only fighting if attacked or after getting into position to start their seige.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
In this case, potentially, a nuclear war that could incinerate the entire world.

Don't worry - most people wouldn't be incinerated in a global nuclear war. The soot from a few hundred burning cities would float into the upper atmosphere and block the sun for long enough to cause famine and death for the vast majority of humans on earth. Most people would die from exposure or starvation, not from the blasts themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yeah. We did that, in the US...occasionally do that...it's called the "draft". Very few ways out.

How's the Ukraine draft going? Are the Nursing Homes being eyed for recruits yet?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
In this case, potentially, a nuclear war that could incinerate the entire world.

Don't worry - most people wouldn't be incinerated in a global nuclear war. The soot from a few hundred burning cities would float into the upper atmosphere and block the sun for long enough to cause famine and death for the vast majority of humans on earth. Most people would die from exposure or starvation, not from the blasts themselves.

But if you go to (or are in) the Southern Hemisphere, you'll survive longer than those who are in the Northern Hemisphere.

Thread on the Subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can pretend like you're in a "survivor" reality show.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Russia was doing its best to show restraint, giving Ukrainians the time and roads to evacuate the country. Dropping just enough bombs to send them the message that this is serious, and they should leave ASAP....and come back later, when it's safe to do so.

How do you show restraint forcefully taking over a country ?

Did I miss where Ukraine was asking to be taken over by Russia?

The fact the Ukrainians are willing to die for their country suggest to me that they don't want to become part of russia regardless if the US put a puppet potus in place?

Don't get me wrong I think all the wrong People (Both US political parties,MSM,Hollywood,Oligarch,Social Media,globalist,etc) are pushing for the Ukraine which has me concerned, but its not like putin isn't a psychopath dictator either.

Also I don't buy into Zelenskyy being Rambo either as being portrayed by social media,msm, and the globalist nor the constant pro ukraine propaganda that is going on to recruit fighters under false presumptions .

However It does look like to me that Ukrainians don't want be under Russias control either.

edit on 54331America/ChicagoThu, 03 Mar 2022 10:54:42 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Yeah, he was a voice actor. He is best known as the voice of Paddington Bear.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Russia was doing its best to show restraint, giving Ukrainians the time and roads to evacuate the country. Dropping just enough bombs to send them the message that this is serious, and they should leave ASAP....and come back later, when it's safe to do so.

How do you show restraint forcefully taking over a country ?

Russia had the capability of mass-murdering civilians on day 1, but didn't. Gave them the opportunity to leave, if they desired. You remember the long lines of cars stretching for miles, like a hurricane evacuation looks.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hedocraticfreemind1
a reply to: carewemust Yeah, he was a voice actor. He is best known as the voice of Paddington Bear.

It worked magic on some foreigners too. Over 16,000 have volunteered to fight in Ukraine!

Zelensky Statement: www.newsweek.com...

I bet some who contributed to this thread are now in Ukraine, or preparing to go.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's an example of how crazily westernised Ukraine is.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

"Maybe Zelensky has never seen a demonstration (live or by video) of what military-grade weapons do to buildings and people?".

You serious?

He's living through it, right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

How's the Ukraine draft going? Are the Nursing Homes being eyed for recruits yet?

No need for drafting in Ukrainian nursing homes.

The residents already wheeled up to the recruitment centers to volunteer.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You seem to find this funny.

Where is your humanity?

Seems to have gone missing.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

I thought the Ukraine military was going to scrape the 40 mile-long Russian column, causing chain-reaction explosions.

Why did that never occur?

Fear of Russian feelz and nukes over killing 100k russians at once.

Along with those recently acquired Javelins moving up from the south before getting into position on the mountains surrounding the trapped russian convoy.

Convoy is still trapped in their 4 (5?) day old west stand off. Not going anywhere, and not currently able to kill any Ukrainians.

Still no food or fuel for russian soldiers, and now apparently having some serious mud problems.

edit on 3-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You seem to find this funny.

Where is your humanity?

Seems to have gone missing.

Me too.

The very minute russia decided to further invade Ukraine, russia lost the right to be considered a part of 'humanity'.

The rules changed that very minute.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
On the NBC news I saw where the wife and kids of some guy were leaving to go to a different country. The guy said that guys in their fighting age...which I do not know the range...were not allowed to leave the country...basically they are drafted to fight the war.

So is this considered voluntarily staying to fight?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Would you stay and fight to the death in the face of such overwhelming firepower?

If a military power had invaded Britain and were bombing our cities yes I would fight for my country , overwhelming firepower has been shown not to be a deciding factor against a civilian resistance force.

Better to die fighting for freedom than live as a slave.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Though they usually do it right away, this city destruction, without getting 100k russian soldiers hopelessly trapped as hostages in a mountain convoy surrounded by Mr. Javelin.

They also usually start with rapid decapitation, but all of the targets survived that effort.

Seems Someone knew exactly when & where the russians were coming for them.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Would you stay and fight to the death in the face of such overwhelming firepower?

If a military power had invaded Britain and were bombing our cities yes I would fight for my country , overwhelming firepower has been shown not to be a deciding factor against a civilian resistance force.

Better to die fighting for freedom than live as a slave.

We would do the same for ANY American city.

Odds don't matter in the slightest at that point.

You do what you gotta do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join