It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackouts reported across Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
please note there is no reported cause for the blackout other than "equipment failure". it might be cyber attacks, it might really be hardware failures. Just something to keep an eye on. It does just happen to be when Mike Pompeo is visiting to give a speech.

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

Multiple counties, cities across Taiwan experience unexplained power outages
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Counties and cities across Taiwan began reporting unexplained power outages on Thursday morning (March 3) and Taiwan Power Company (Taipower, 台電) personnel are currently investigating the cause.

At 9 a.m. on Thursday, power outages were reported across Taiwan. Areas known to have been affected include Taipei City, Kaohsiung City, Keelung City, New Taipei City, Hualien City, Keelung City, and Tainan City.

Many districts in Taipei have been affected, even on Renai Road in front of the Office of the President is experiencing power outages with traffic lights at many intersections turning dark.
[....]

edit on Wed Mar 2 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed QUOTE and added ex tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

Here in Yunlin, Taiwan. A week ago if tried to connect Mike Pompeo's visit to a cyber attack by China, my coworkers would call me crazy. Now, they think it's possible.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hopefully it is just a test run by the CCP and not the real thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Although test runs tend to precede a real thing...

if it does happen, nowish, it will solidify several "conspiracies" floating around.

I, for one, welcome our NWO overlords...

but I'll leave to where to the imagination.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

When the cat is away the mice will play, the cat being Russia and the mice being the CCP.

who know for certain, however china have been skulking around the south pacific for a while now, they targeted an australian warship with a laser, deploying "anti riot police'" in the Solomon islands, their hubris leads them to believe that all of the attention is on Ukraine.

edit on 2-3-2022 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Bizarre- I just got finished reading this article from March 1, 2022 then came to ATS to read what’s new and saw your thread:

www.aljazeera.com...

A delegation of former senior United States defence and security officials appointed by President Joe Biden arrived in Taipei, in the midst of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The visit on Tuesday, led by the one-time chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Mike Mullen, comes at a time when Taiwan has stepped up its alert level, wary of China taking advantage of a distracted world to move against it.

Mullen, a retired navy admiral who served as the top US military officer under former presidents George W Bush and Barack Obama, is being accompanied by Meghan O’Sullivan, a former deputy national security adviser under Bush, and Michele Flournoy, a former under-secretary of defence under Obama. Two former National Security Council senior directors for Asia, Mike Green and Evan Medeiros, are also on the trip. The group touched down in a private jet at Taipei’s downtown Songshan Airport and were received by Taiwan Foreign Minister Joseph Wu. They will meet President Tsai Ing-wen on Wednesday, the same day former US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will also arrive, though he is coming separately and as a private citizen.

Interesting indeed.

ETA: mike Mullen and Michele Flournoy are both “DC partners” of Pine Island Capital Partners: pineislandcp.com...
The portfolio companies are:

Precinmac Precision Machining is a diversified manufacturer of high-precision machined components and assemblies for companies in the aerospace & defense, semiconductor, and general industrials sectors.

And

InVeris Training Solutions is the world leader in developing and deploying advanced technology-enabled virtual and live-fire training systems for military, law enforcement, and commercial customers.

Former leaders from the government and military serve as partners at Pine Island Capital Partners. Capitalizing on their influential networks and drawing on their deep industry knowledge and experience, Pine Island’s Washington, D.C. partners work in tandem with the investment team to source deals, conduct analyses, win bids, close transactions, and directly advise the companies in which we invest.

edit on 3-3-2022 by Onlyyouknow because: Add found info

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow
Pompeo is there as well I believe.... he Tweeted about it.
Go figure
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackOops

If it turns out to be a sabotage, Chinese suspects should be disappeared.
Do you think current government lead by a woman is too soft to protect the country when things go south?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I read another article that basically said the Chinese are constantly cyber attacking the Taiwan power companies.
So for they have been pretty good about fending them off.
If the Chinese do decided to attack I don't think there will be much build up or warning.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
中華民國萬歲。
a reply to: BlackOops

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Did corrupt politicians get in Taiwan and set up sub subterranean bases and laboratories too?

Maybe then blame China for some horrendous act when they go take them out?

Add in some media spin.

Just conspiracy talk.....

top topics

join