It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Hoax Is Being Used To Usher In Digital Currency

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
I don't own any, nor have any desire to own, digital currencies...but given all your experience and knowledge about the subject...I do trade stocks. How would this play out for people like me? IF I still own stocks around the time this happens...will all the stocks be worthless? would they convert to digital? would you have any idea? Thanks in advance!

No, they would still retain their real world value, cash is not going anywhere for a long time, this would only be another form of payment/fungibility. In some ways it's better than cash and others, say if you're trying to avoid income tax, it's not.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
All the things I've read say they want it implemented by 2030. I guess I'll be missing the big Big Reveal, if that's the case.

I think that timeframe, based on what was discussed this week would be accurate. It's not just development of the digital currency, it's development of the platforms and software needed to exchange them quickly and safely.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JinMI
I think people who talk with the verbiage of digital currencies arent knowledgable enough to define the difference between Bitcoin and Fedcoin

Good point. I automatically assume, since this is discussed weekly at work in its actual context, that people are on the same page and understand the terminology. The ironic part is I'm in Salt Lake right now at the US Payment Forum and there's at least five people here from the Fed and we were all talking about this topic.

What will the Ethereum2 transition look like? I'm just curious if the increase in speed of transactions (64 times faster) will be enough to overcome the hurdles that exist, and if so, is there another tool besides Ethereum2 being discussed?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not as a form of payment accepted by issuers, acquirers or retailers. It still has latency and volume issues that the MIT product has overcome.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ethereum2 as a transport (likely not the right term) was supposed to be 64 times faster to alleviate the slow transactions. I suppose my questions would be, is that enough to make a difference now, and how might the roll out look? Will Ethereum1 just be absorbed into 2, or would there be a conversion process?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Here's an Interesting Story . I am Sure the US Embassy Official Website has a Perfect Explanation for that Untimely Move....Hmm......

This is going to get buried in here, it should be its own post!!

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
This thing is def a new one world elite reptilian game plan to shaft the poor!

Th Atomizer will be deployed on you.

No doubt. You know, they say a soul lives forever unless it has been nuked

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Ethereum2 as a transport (likely not the right term) was supposed to be 64 times faster to alleviate the slow transactions. I suppose my questions would be, is that enough to make a difference now, and how might the roll out look? Will Ethereum1 just be absorbed into 2, or would there be a conversion process?

I haven't seen the transaction speeds but the Fedcoin prototype is near instant as it is ISO 20022 compliant. If a currency is looking to gain broad acceptance they will need to also meet this standard.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReaversChain

I never said or implied the such.
What we have is a choice, so let's hope it stays that way. Your choices are yours alone and should not be mandated or coerced by any business.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What about those poor people in the getto that cant get an ID? That's so racist!

originally posted by: havok
They don't need a pseudo-war to usher in a digital currency. All in my humble opinion, of course. We already have it.

It's already here and has been used by almost everyone with a bank account. Your money is already digital. Direct deposit, credit card balances, debit card transactions, paychecks, etc. All of these items are non-tangible if you never receive the cash out.

They don't need to usher in anything. You will already be using their new system because you have already been conditioned into using it without a fight.

People rarely use cash today. It's probably a fraction of a percent compared to even 10 years ago. Everything is credit/debt based and you can't even cash a paycheck without a bank account (or paying a fee at a grocery store).

This all by design.
Slow and deliberate.

There won't even be a backlash. It will be business as usual while citizens realize they can't live their lives without digital currency and a bank account. Won't be able to pay bills, taxes, or buy and sell.

Only an act of Congress can rid the Constitution of their duties to coin currency.

And that's just a matter of time.
CBDC's? Absolutely.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wisenox

They Know Precious Metals are the ONLY REAL Currency . You can Just Wipe your Ahass with that Federal IOU Note...

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

👍we good then - 👌....👋
edit on 3-3-2022 by TheReaversChain because: 🐜

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

They don't need a pseudo-war to usher in a digital currency. All in my humble opinion, of course. We already have it.

Australia seems to be leading the charge on this one, with nations to follow. The timeline for completion is set at 2030.

Close to 460 bank branches have shut down across the nation in recent years, and dating back to 2020, approximately 3800 previously active ATMs have been removed. NSW alone now has 140 fewer in-store banks, and almost 300 suburbs don't have a singular ATM to withdraw cash.

duckduckgo.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join