It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the US Get Involved

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No.

I don’t want to wake up at 0200 to my phone going off with an Alert saying Russia has launched all available ICBMs and we have 30 minutes to say our goodbyes.

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hell no!

link   

Sure, America is hypocritical, looking at Iraq, Syria, and Libya.
But IMO we should look at every incident independently when there’s no direct connection between events.
So, the fact that America did wrong doesn’t justify the slaughter Russia will do before the world’s eyes.
We all know rarely did the US media show the horrors in Iraq…
And we all know the CIA is juicing up this crisis

But unfortunately, sometimes even the devil tells the truth about something, though not with good intentions necessarily.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Correction:
It's mostly the US government that is frowned upon doing this. Not the citizens. IMHO this is widely known and accepted throughout Europe that most US citizens are not warmongering. The MO of the US governments historically has always been invade, destroy and rebuild to get the money flowing. It's widely known that the US gov needs wars, or let's say the MIC that controls it in the shadows.

That's why I always try to add ".. gov" behind a country, as arduous it is, it is important for me to point out I am speaking about the governmental actions, not the people of that country.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

That's not in the realm of fantasy.
Maybe the world will learn something from this, but I doubt it.

NATO, not being motivated by trying to foster world peace, but by massive arms sales profits, is also partly responsible for this. But Russia is the number one bad guy one this crisis.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Are you completely certain that we aren't already?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

You have nutcase politicians in EU,US who wanted to escalate the things in Eastern Europe. They still think they can get back Crimea with military actions.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Did Russia get involved in Iraq or Afghanistan ? No they didn't .

Russia and Ukraine are at War for more reasons then the General public understands end of story.
edit on 2-3-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If treaties meant anything, the US should have already been in it, telling Pooty, "ahh we both signed that treaty, you remember? You ain't moving one inch into Ukraine."

Except that should have happened in Crimea.

Treaties are violated routinely, and with impunity, everywhere. Have been throughout history. When this is over with Russia's new Ukranian border, and his forces advance on Poland, we'll show you how NATO treaties quickly crumble in favor of appeasement.

My personal feelings: this is Europe's problem mostly, and they should deal with it. And frankly, with UK also signing the Budapest Memorandum, really this should be primarily led and handled by them.

Some will argue that the devil is in the details, and there is no obligation of military intervention should Ukraine come under attack. But to me that is legal meandering. A deal is a deal and Ukraine gave up their nuclear arsenal over this. They should have been afforded those protections regardless, the second Russia moved on ANY Ukraine territory.

On the other hand, if Ukraine hadn't, still had nukes and Putin tried to invade Crimea, there might have been nuclear fallout all over Europe at this point. I think it would be fair to say though that if Ukraine still had nukes, and as large as that arsenal was, we would not be looking at the situation they are in now. I do firmly believe that. And this will be a hard lesson learned for India/Pakistan, for example. They will laugh at any attempt to denuke them. Not to mention Isreal and North Korea.

Nope. After this, you get em, you keep em. Can't trust anyone for assurances anymore. Unless you cast a blind eye towards history. Japan will no doubt seek at least tactical nukes, as well as other countries. Seems to be the only thing that will stop enterprising imperialism.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

We are involved. We're organizing the allied economic and political sanctions, we're sending arms and supplies, and doing a lot of covert stuff that isn't in the news. We're not having Americans shooting Russians and vice versa and I hope we never do. We certainly have the physical ability to defeat Russia in Ukraine in terms of conventional warfare. We've built our military capability around a two-war strategy (more or less) for decades. The problem is that Russia has more than 6,000 warheads in their nuclear arsenal--the biggest on the planet--and it is a nuclear war-fighting arsenal. That puts them in a special category, even beyond China. If we were to defeat them militarily in Ukraine that would be very close to an existential threat to them. If Ukraine defeats them militarily, it won't. We can't afford to get into an escalation strategy with them and they can't afford to get into one with us because we are the only two nuclear war-fighting powers on the planet. That is precisely why we have chosen non-kinetic retaliation as the strategy and, as far as that goes they have chosen non-kinetic means to deal with us. We should all hope it stays that way.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nope

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonnez

Putin does not want the full Ukraine.

That would put his territory even closer to NATO members. He want's Crimea for sea access and geo politics, just like the US.

And the Ukrainians are worth nothing in this chess game between the US and Russia. Europeans are the pawns to send in, like my country expected to risk it's energy supply, or Poland with the missile shield.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonnez
Well the citizens from all nations dutifully volunteered to fight the Hitler's Germany. If you feel so strongly, go to your nearest recruiter and let them know it would be your honor to go fight against Russia in Ukraine. If enough Americans/Europeans dutifully volunteer for such honor maybe they will facilitate your enlistment into the Ukraine's foreign legions division.

Hundreds of Americans and Europeans dutifully volunteered to right in Syria with the Kurdish YPG. There was an international recruitment portal to assist with such endeavor. Many Americans and Europeans also volunteered to go with Isis as well. Pick your side and go fight if you really feel the need to be involved. There are avenues that allow and facilitate just such a call to duty.

In the mean time, the rest of the civilized world will carry on with their lives with palms on foreheads at the gullible masses that buy into the script.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I sure as hell wouldn’t send my kid.

If I wouldn’t send mine. I can’t ask you to send yours.

Let’s sit this one out.

Joe doesn’t strike me as a warrior.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Should the US Get Involved

Unequivocally no.

But I'm starting to be concerned that it's too late. We've already gotten far more involved than I'd like. Economic warfare, arms supplies, and feeding intelligence. All while many here celebrate thinking with emotion and not logic.

The decision for us to get involved may be made for us soon. Or it may happen with slow escalations like a frog in a boiling pot.

None of our involvement will help Ukraine, likely it will make it worse.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

like my country expected to risk it's energy supply, or Poland with the missile shield

I was surprised to see Germany take point against Russia seeing as they have the most to lose.

The only bright side is this will likely push you all to humor nuclear energy, reversing a decision not to in lieu of natural gas. Should your nation choose the path of nuclear, you have more energy independence going forward.

COVID and Russia better have taught everyone the value in economic self sufficiency... Though, I know better about masses learning needed lessons. Empty hope.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Nah. If people want to try and find their own way to Ukraine or send their own money then by all means go for it, but I don't support military intervention. They need to figure their crap out. They're surrounded by multiple other so-called allies. Let them figure it out.

The US government and military will more than likely screw it all up anyways.

Not that my opinion matters either way.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The time to get involved was before it started. There's a lot of dead Ukrainians and a lot more that have lost everything. Getting involved now just seems wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thats pretty much it. All Rubicons have been crossed on all sides.

The rhetoric, propaganda, newspeak, doubleapeak and hyppcrisy is cranked up to 11.

I fear that its all but an eventuality that the US gets military involved.

All while the ones who caused this absolute quagmire will remain miles from the horror and sacrifice nothing of importance while likely millions die and pick up the pieces.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It feels so surreal. The writing appears on the wall yet it's just business as usual in some ways and fast and loose and others.

I can't tell what's more concerning to me... The fact that possibly the largest negative in my life is transpiring in front of my eyes, or the feeling (or lack there of) that I'm completely desensitized to it.

It's not so much that I don't have feeling or opinions on it, it's just that it doesn't matter what they are. Everything is going to play out exactly how it will... So I suppose my only choice is to watch and try to the best of my ability to extrapolate what truths I can out of it, if any... It's just such a goddamn mess.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join