It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexander Vindman says Trump, Pompeo, & Fox News helped bring about Putin's invasion of Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. I find this article interesting because it makes a point which has been swirling around my head: Is Trump responsible for the Ukraine Invasion...? I know there are a lot of ardent Trump fans here on ATS but hear me out. A large-scale invasion such as this takes time to plan and execute and Biden's been in office for 2 years so it could've started under him. However, since i'm not an authority on Military timelines for an operation such as this, I'm willing to put this one on Trump.

Former Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who rose to prominence as a witness in Donald Trump's first impeachment trial, said the the Republican Party has "blood on its hands" for emboldening Russia to invade Ukraine.

Vindman, who is Ukrainian-American, made the comments in an interview with Salon that was published on Monday.

He said that Trump's refusal to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin was one of the factors that led Putin to act. He also blamed Trump for weakening the US internally with his divisive politics.

He singled out Trump, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Fox News host Tucker Carlson for criticism, highlighting their praise for Putin even as it became clear that he would invade.

Anyone can see that Trump really admires Putin. Even now, Trump is praising Putin for his invasion of Ukraine. Everyone should also know that I don't choose sides here, I think both R's and D's are corrupt since they answer to the same masters. Anyone here with military knowledge who can speak on how long it would take to plan an operation such as the Invasion into Ukraine. Maybe I'm wrong and the planning started under Biden but I'm willing to bet that it started with Trump. I think Taiwan will also be a problem due to Trumps denigration of China. But what do I know? I'm just a conspiracy theorist.............

Go easy on me, ATS!

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
How many here that believed that Trump was some kind hero for the working class are going to finally admit that he was always part of the same plot?

We couldn't have got where we are today without Trump.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So did this guy

John Bolton: Trump Made It ‘That Much Easier’ for Putin to Invade Ukraine
link

Putin “saw that Trump had contempt for the Ukrainians. I think that had an impact,” Trump’s former national security adviser told VICE News.

Former President Trump’s top national security adviser thinks his old boss did “a lot of damage” to U.S.-Ukraine relations during his time in office—and emboldened Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton said Trump’s delay of military aid to Ukraine in 2019, as he pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy for dirt on then-presidential candidate Joe Biden, made clear to Putin exactly how little Trump cared about Ukraine.

They'll be a lot of that ifs and buts, but it's not going to be decided unless we get confidential or classified material one way or the other.

Obviously, Trump and many of his followers don't have love for Ukraine since they didn't back up his flimsy story during the impeachment.

To the OP. Dont expect objectivity here

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Let's blame the guy who stopped the wars rather than the bumbler-in-chief that can't find a door to get in the whitehouse without a map. You know Biden is just trying to tie off lose ends, kill some witnesses and destroy evidence under the guise of a war that seems more propaganda than war lol.

You guys are a hoot.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

When it comes to foreign policy they are all on the same team.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Meh, you can also argue that Biden refusing to do anything till Europe or the UN acted first showed a distinct lack of will and leadership from the primary player in this stupidity to move to block putin. (by primary I mean if the US had taken rapid and decisive action Putin would have waited, instead biden bumbled and Putin saw that as a go, he was however mistaken on how fast the west would react economically)

*shrugs*

lotta mistakes, lotta stupidity and all along china snickers in the background.
edit on 1-3-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You both (original op and first responder) do understand that Vindman lied under oath by making up parts of his impeachment testimony. Don't you?

You also understand that the article is an opinion piece with quotes by Vindman who's own credibility is in doubt. Don't you?

edit on 09/12/2017 by montybd because: clarity

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I politely suggest, with padded gloves on, that you weigh up the pros and cons of filing for intellectual bankruptcy.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Former Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman

Should we even care what a former Lt.Col says ?
Absolutely not .
Maybe a former 4 or 5 star , yes .
But not a former Lt. Colonel .
edit on 3/1/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Planning for the invasion seems to have started in 2019, under Trump. That’s when Russia doubled its Sovereign Wealth Fund, which is the fund Russia planned to use to get through the sanctions. That fund has been frozen by Biden. Trump did not cause Putin to begin planning for the invasion but he did nothing to deter it either. Biden did not cause Putin to plan the invasion. Putin planned the invasion.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Just a point for accuracy.

Biden has been "in office" for just one year.

The election was in November of 2020.

Biden was inaugurated, and became President, on January 20, 2021.

Prior to that date Biden would have been "President-elect", with no actual presidential powers.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Meh, you can also argue that Biden refusing to do anything till Europe or the UN acted first showed a distinct lack of will and leadership from the primary player in this stupidity to move to block putin. (by primary I mean if the US had taken rapid and decisive action Putin would have waited, instead biden bumbled and Putin saw that as a go, he was however mistaken on how fast the west would react economically)

*shrugs*

You are misinformed. The US IC first intercepted Russian communications confirming that Russia was planning this no later than mid to late October. Within a couple of weeks Biden had traveled to Europe and shared the information with UK, Italy, Germany, and France. Together, they worked out the basic strategy that they are implementing today. They have been coordinating and working out the details for the last 4 months, but Biden took the lead. That is exactly why they have been able to act in a strong and decisive manner that surprised Putin. Biden told Putin that the West knew what he was up to and what the West was prepared to do in response. Putin decided to push on regardless. All this information is publicly available if you care to look for it.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   
He's absolutely correct.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Former LtCol Alexander "Chubb" Vindman is now a paid MSNBC contributor. He is afraid of what Putin may reveal. Many people in D.C. are.

Vindman really becomes animated and agitated when discussing that Putin's end game may be to replace their "protector", Volodymyr Zelensky.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Why should the Donald have tried to deter anything?

He was trying to sort his own country out first, an honourable objective for any national leader.

Perhaps Putin has been following the last presidency and this one and decided to strike before the country voted Donald Trump back in.

I don’t think cornpop would be afraid of Batman’s sidekick anymore.

If America joins in the fray how long do you think it will be before Biden calls Putin cornpop in error?

a reply to: 1947boomer

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Irishhaf

*shrugs*

You are misinformed. The US IC first intercepted Russian communications confirming that Russia was planning this no later than mid to late October. Within a couple of weeks Biden had traveled to Europe and shared the information with UK, Italy, Germany, and France. Together, they worked out the basic strategy that they are implementing today. They have been coordinating and working out the details for the last 4 months, but Biden took the lead. That is exactly why they have been able to act in a strong and decisive manner that surprised Putin. Biden told Putin that the West knew what he was up to and what the West was prepared to do in response. Putin decided to push on regardless. All this information is publicly available if you care to look for it.

you forgot biden gave china our intel.

what did obama tell vladimir when he got elected again?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I wonder how flexible Obama has become? Anyone know what the great white Hope has been up to since he stopped being da prez?

a reply to: sarahvital

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
An Expert with a history of ACCURACY in describing what's yet to come in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, says Vladimir Putin has been PLANNING this invasion of Ukraine for a long time. (Actually planning it...not just wanting to do it.)

Source w/video interview: theconservativetreehouse.com... deo/#more-228935

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

This thread belongs in the Mud Pit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join