It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 km long Russian convoy out of fuel and food

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wasn’t that depleted uranium weapons? a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
They have been having logistical problems for some time now, its one thing to train to shoot people takes a peculiar person to be good at Logistics, and an even better commander to listen to the logistics person.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Resolve, what resolve
The invaders dont want to hurt anyone, clearly
Not much aggression being shown, in fact its less drama than a BLM riot in the US

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Resolve, what resolve
Not much aggression being shown, in fact its less drama than a BLM riot in the US

You're absolutely right. There are multiple fishy happenings that have already been reported.

1. On the first day of the invasion, a group of 80 Russian conscripts said they didn't sign up to fight Ukrainians, threw down their weapons without a fight and gave themselves up to the Ukrainians.

2. There are multiple reports of armored personnel carriers and tanks whose crew punctured the fuel tanks and walked away.

3. The other day, Putin sent in a Chechen armored column to assassinate Zelensky. Apparently, the Chechens are supposed to be the most badass dudes. The Ukrainians wiped out most of the column, killed the general in charge, and sent the rest running back over the border. There is now a report today that the Ukrainians were tipped off by an officer of the Russian secret intelligence service.

4. The Russian Air Force has about 1200 fighter aircraft but only about 75 have actually been deployed to Ukraine. On day 6 they have still not established air superiority. The USAF who is watching this cannot figure out why not.

5. The huge armored column converging on Kyiv is moving at a snail's pace, supposedly stalled for a lack of fuel and food.

If any one of those things had happened you could explain that as the fog of war. If any two had happened that would be an unusual coincidence. If any 3 had happened that would be a pattern. The fact that all 5 have happened says it's a plan. The Russian military seems to be slow-walking this.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Or all the talk over the years about massive corruption were true, and coupled with yes men leaders telling Putin what he wants to hear gutted a once feared military.

Outside of this and Afghanistan the only real conflicts they have fought were putting down rebellions.

Throw in forced conscription and you have a recipe for disaster.

Suppressing a people is an entirely different skill set than conquering a people.

Note I still think Russia wins without direct western action, but without additional data its looking more like some generals were pocketing repair money, and training funds rather than using it for its intended purpose.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

We prayed there wouldn't ever be one of him....and now, he's here. Now, just please pray.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

My thoughts exactly. It's been sat there for days with no reports so far of opportunistic strikes. Daily images show limited advance of the convoy and no visible signs of attacks from Ukrainian forces.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
How can they ALL be running out of fuel at the same time? Sounds fishy . If just a few then they can leave those trucks on the side of the road and continue, so this sounds fishy

presumably a bunch of them are the same make/model
presumably they topped off before leaving Russia
so not surprising they run out of fuel at the same time.

here's hoping for air strikes

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Still targets are the best.

Bomb them now.

That's exactly what the Ukrainians are supposed to think. Putin may be an asshole, but he's not stupid and his military isn't going to march a convoy of vehicles (especially 40 miles or kms long) without fuel just so they can run out and become sitting targets.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Enduro
Yeah , that’s right. Russians didn’t bring fuel with them to Ukraine. So now a large part of the Russian convoy is sitting with no fuel and their also running out of food. Didn’t the Russians see the sign on the side of the road last chance for fuel until Kyiv?

Lenin must be rolling in his grave watching this $hitshow. How can these great military minds not bring enough fuel for a 40 km convoy?

I tell ya what , someone’s head is gonna be on the chopping block over this. A sitting 40 km long convoy would make for one hell of a target if Ukraine could muster together a few aircrafts and drop some bombs on this convoy.

Russian convoy runs out of fuel

I don't believe any of this that I read. I find it hard to believe they ran out of fuel and will now just sit there. It's either a decoy or a trap.

How about a "visual" of Ukrainians blocking the Russian convoy with their bodies.

twitter.com...

I think it's really neat how one of the soldiers shot his rifle over their heads, and the camera man didn't even flinch.

We need some resolve like that here in America to take on our oppressive Biden regime. And the crooks who illegally placed him in the White House.

This isn't the 40 mile convoy, I'm counting about 8 vehicles. I have no doubt that the Ukrainians are fighting and standing against Russia, what I question is a large convoy of Russian vehicles conveniently running out of fuel with no reserve fuel, thus becoming sitting ducks in still targets. It doesn't add up. If that convoy ran out of fuel then it's either a decoy or a trap.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel
Propaganda.

Just like Alexy Goncharenko MP of Ukraine said over 5000 Russian troops died in the first 30 hours. This was on the 2nd day of the war.

This morning on fox he claimed Russians are walking into Schools and shooting the children (children aren't going to school)
He also claimed Russian soldiers are walking into hospitals and "shooting the "pregnant women"... to death." Not shooting other patients but specifically the "Pregnant women" Why fox keeps putting this clown on TV to spread these lies is disgusting.

Yeah I don't buy any of that either. I'm not on Russia's side, but it seems like Ukraine is saying the worst of the worst in order to get other countries to step in and help. Because of that, I can't pick a side here, plus I don't think it was very smart for the democrats to wave all their Ukrainian mini flags at the United States State of the Union Address.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Enduro

Given that the last half of this convoy IS the logistics service carrying the food and fuel, I'd say that whoever wrote that doesn't understand what's going on.

More likely that they are stopping to allow special forces to nix opposition.

If this were the invasion that the west seems to think that it is, Putin would have simply carpet bombed the place and sent in a couple of waves of disposable grunts in. Then once the enemy had run out of ammunition, or had suffocated under a pile or Russian corpses, he'd send the tanks it.

Ask yourself this, why of the 130,000 personnel (many of whom are not frontline soldiers), is Putin only sending in such a small force?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

why of the 130,000 personnel (many of whom are not frontline soldiers), is Putin only sending in such a small force?

My 2-cents:

Because they don't have air superiority. They don't have the ability to provide close air support to their ground troops. That's why Ukraine was being so successful the first few days and is why the Russian advance on Kyiv has stalled. Troops are at a far greater risk without air support.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I wonder as well if this war has brought out deficiencies in the Russian air-ground communications network that were papered over during maneuvers in peacetime.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Resolve, what resolve

You're absolutely right. There are multiple fishy happenings that have already been reported.

1. On the first day of the invasion, a group of 80 Russian conscripts said they didn't sign up to fight Ukrainians, threw down their weapons without a fight and gave themselves up to the Ukrainians.

2. There are multiple reports of armored personnel carriers and tanks whose crew punctured the fuel tanks and walked away.

3. The other day, Putin sent in a Chechen armored column to assassinate Zelensky. Apparently, the Chechens are supposed to be the most badass dudes. The Ukrainians wiped out most of the column, killed the general in charge, and sent the rest running back over the border. There is now a report today that the Ukrainians were tipped off by an officer of the Russian secret intelligence service.

4. The Russian Air Force has about 1200 fighter aircraft but only about 75 have actually been deployed to Ukraine. On day 6 they have still not established air superiority. The USAF who is watching this cannot figure out why not.

5. The huge armored column converging on Kyiv is moving at a snail's pace, supposedly stalled for a lack of fuel and food.

If any one of those things had happened you could explain that as the fog of war. If any two had happened that would be an unusual coincidence. If any 3 had happened that would be a pattern. The fact that all 5 have happened says it's a plan. The Russian military seems to be slow-walking this.

Good points. I've also had a suspicion the Russian generals in charge seem to be dragging their feet so to speak. Maybe the Russian military knows how stupid this all is invading Ukraine and how it most likely will end up in a stalemate insurgency war that could go on for years, just a theory.

Also heard reports the Russian army morale is low and obviously their hearts are not in it to fight their neighbors Ukraine for no real reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Wouldn’t be the first time a military convey ran low on fuel and food.

Maybe the Russian military knows how stupid this all is invading Ukraine and how it most likely will end up in a stalemate insurgency war that could go on for years, just a theory.

At this point, you wonder how Putin benefits. The whole world of common folk are outraged at the civilian fatalities (between covid and Afghanistan tired of being pawns of all politicians) and all Putin is doing now is creating Ukrainian martyrs and adding to the hatred left over from the USSR. To what benefit for those he claims he is protecting.
edit on 2-3-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: burntheships
Still targets are the best.

Bomb them now.

That's exactly what the Ukrainians are supposed to think. Putin may be an asshole, but he's not stupid and his military isn't going to march a convoy of vehicles (especially 40 miles or kms long) without fuel just so they can run out and become sitting targets.

it's being said they don't have enough planes and bombs to do that.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I would normally agree, but is there an update on this
convoy? I'm thinking that not much of this is what it seems?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Likely to be a deliberate policy to force as many people out of their homes as possible without killing them, triggering a huge refugee crisis in Europe.

Then subsequently repopulate the vacated areas with ethnic Russians.

I doubt they'll occupy the entirety of the Ukraine, instead they'll partition it and claim the eastern half.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join