It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens if Banks Crash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lemon1234

So simple, but true. đź‘Ť

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
That is how "the system" is designed to work.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Let’s say that the cyberwar goes really far and our banks are crashed.

Then what. Exactly what happens? This morning I read the the Russian Ruble is worth less than a penny.
Let’s say the dollar is worth less than a penny. What happens? Does that mean the prices at the store stay where they
Are? Does it not matter because people will be going nuts.

What happens to your mortgage or debt? Etc.

Hyperinflation will occur, like Zimbabwe, Venezuela or 1930's Germany. Invest in everything you'd need to survive in the woods, seeds, tools, power generation, cabin/place to sleep, heating, etc. and guns lots of guns, bows and arrows, knives, etc. Make sure you have a normal radio plus a Ham and or CB. Don't stay in the cities, most people would be dead within a week and it will generally take a couple of months for the hoarded supplies of the remaining psychopaths to run out, before they start searching outside the cities. So you have a two month head start on securing the place/location you occupy.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Some of the stuff posted here is kind of funny. You wont be able to live your normal life. You will just have to figure out how to survive and react on the fly.

Until that happens everyone needs to relax and most important... dont go around making enemies. Be nice to people and stay civilized. If you have prepared for such an event keep it to yourself and stay quiet. Society will break down and it will be dog eat dog in the early stages.

Whatever is going to happen is out of your control. There is peace in that... inner peace. Maybe read books if you dont have a family. I will be fasting and working out to detox and cut weight. Use the situation to produce a positive.

Watch the water. Not a Q thing..... I mean watch the water. Water supply goes down its going to get apocalyptic pretty quick. Prescription drug supply goes down and a major percentage of the population is going to be very dangerous.

I expect everyone knows this stuff by now but there might be some newbies out there.

I dont see it coming to this though. Everything is going to turn around IMO. Sometimes people need a near death experience to get their priorities in order. Sucks for people like us but we just need to ride it out. At least we are not bored. I expect that this whole situation is keeping families together and strengthening the family unit... which is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Let’s say the dollar is worth less than a penny. What happens? Does that mean the prices at the store stay where they
Are? Does it not matter because people will be going nuts.

I guess that I will go with the latest fad and fill up a grocery cart and walk it to my car without paying.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've never seen deliverance but I do have alot of hens to get 8 dozen eggs a day.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was wondering if an attack can be orchestrated by people on the inside, people who know the system. Banks trade currency overnight, the futures market operates 23 hours a day. I think futures and cash have to balance at the end of each session. What if someone subverts the system by moving cash? Is is possible?
Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I'm not really seeing how that is possible. Maybe you can be more detailed on how this scenario plays out.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't see how this could happen but there's another basic issue I see with fiat currency in it's current form. It's not backed by anything physical. The only backing it has is a two part equation. Since oil must be traded in dollars it has some intrinsic value at this point but that could change over night. The other backing is the "full faith and credit in the United States government".

Both of those things could change over night rendering the value of the dollar to what it's really worth, toilet paper.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
Both of those things could change over night rendering the value of the dollar to what it's really worth, toilet paper.

The US economy is not going to collapse over night, it's far too massive and integrated with other economies. The dollar will remain a reserve currency for the the foreseeable long term outlook, particularly with its upcoming move to a digital one.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Phantom423

I'm not really seeing how that is possible. Maybe you can be more detailed on how this scenario plays out.

Sabotage at the CME or the NYSE?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
Sabotage at the CME or the NYSE?

They both have redundant backups outside of Wall Street and Chicago.

edit on 28-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Run on CHASE bank today in my Chicago suburb. Lines of standing customers waiting to get in, and lines of cars at the drive-throughs. Never seen that before.

It's in a neighborhood with lots of immigrants from Poland, Serbia, Lativa(?), Russia, etc.
edit on 2/28/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The entire system is corrupted. The system we exist in functions like a computer system and just like a computer system that's corrupted, if that corruption goes unchecked, eventually you end up with the blue screen of death. The level of corruption that we are trying to function in is unsustainable. The house of cards will come down.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
The entire system is corrupted. The system we exist in functions like a computer system and just like a computer system that's corrupted, if that corruption goes unchecked, eventually you end up with the blue screen of death. The level of corruption that we are trying to function in is unsustainable. The house of cards will come down.

Agreed... we have gone off the cliff and are on our way day down. Unfortunately it had to be this way.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Let’s say that the cyberwar goes really far and our banks are crashed.

Not going to happen, all that data is backed up in multiple locations, the US's largest banks along with the issuers and acquirers have some of the best cyber security in the world.

As a retired software engineer, I must say: "OOOOOOOOOHHhhhh DUDE!!! your BEST cyber security...I'm seriously intimidated ... not!

All software is vulnerable, all software has bugs and holes; it is only a matter of time and patients...it CAN be hacked.

ETA: What good is a backup I made 5 min ago, when all of the damage happened in the last 750ms?

edit on 3-3-2022 by Jimy718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimy718
As a retired software engineer, I must say: "OOOOOOOOOHHhhhh DUDE!!! your BEST cyber security...I'm seriously intimidated ... not!

Let me know when you hack them retired guy.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

" What Happens if Banks Crash "

Swap Meets will become More Popular .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join