It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsViews 2/25/22 Garland Discusses How The Ukraine Situation Relates Historically

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This week, Garland discusses the situation in Ukraine.....

podcasts.apple.com...

He gives a brief history of Ukraine and how historical events there relate to the current situation in Ukraine now. Even more interesting is how he relates the Ukraine situation to the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 60's. In this respect, Russia is responding the same way the US responded back then and there are also Nuclear implications the same as back then. Very interesting!

Check it out! What say you, ATS?

podcasts.apple.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Not this again. Putin has absolutely no reason to invade Ukraine over missile deployment in Ukraine. What does bothers him is Western influence in Ukraine and not Russian. THAT'S why he's invading.
Why do I come to that conclusion. You would say "ah, but if Ukraine was to get into NATO, NATO could deploy weapons directly on the Russian border and Putin would not have a buffer state between him and NATO.
Once again, look at the map of NATO countries and you'll find there are 2 states directly on the Russian border and another one next to those. So that reason is moot.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I think it's exactly why he has to invade......Ukraine is right on Russia's border. If it joins NATO then it's potentially game over for Russia.

Listen to what he has too say in the then give an opinion.

edit on 28-2-2022 by lostbook because: word change

edit on 28-2-2022 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I havne't looked at the podcast, but the Cuban crisis analogy is certainly relevant. Putting aside questions of morality and considering the issues in terms of "Realpolitik", the Russian mistake in the first crisis was "getting too close", which made their opponents nervous, and that is exactly what the EU has been doing in trying to get a former portion of the Soviet Union into its own "sphere of influence".

The other issue is the relationship between the three powers America, Russia, China. Can the American leadership not see that it is a big mistake to be hostile to BOTH the other two at the same time? Churchill thought that Hitler and Stalin were both evil, but he did not try to fight both of them simultaneously. Nixon got America out of that trap by making friends with China, but all that good work seems to have been undone. For heaven's sake, decide whether Russia or China counts as "the lesser of two evils", and make a point of siding with that one against the other one. China is following that diplomatic strategy very successfully.

edit on 28-2-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The Baltic nations "could" house nuclear missiles too. There's the actual Baltics too, the Bothnian sea has depths too. There's the Arctic Ocean.

If B-2s launched against Moscow it literally wouldn't matter where they took off from or how long it takes to get there since they can refuel in the air. They're stealth craft.

The US has a platform in space that can do the job indefinitely.

To think Ukraine would be so important for an offensive against Russia is rather 20th century thinking. All for a what? A few miles in comparison to a Baltic nation or a several hundred miles from say Poland? That's seconds to heavy hitting missiles and minutes for fighter jets and bombers. That's hardly game changing in the 21st century considering what would be launched against them wouldn't be detected until weapons bay doors open...

Or bombs start hitting targets. It's also ATS so I'll add that this is with weaponry that's public knowledge and relatively old.

It's a lousy excuse. Now if we're talking missile defense systems then I'd understand the predicament more but then Russia would have to admit they'd only be intercepting missiles that headed West or South.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Great observation.....I too think there's more to this situation than Russia protecting its borders. They seem to be usiing this offensive as a front to do something behind the scenes. I think it has to do with money or some type of economic situation in the Ukraine but I don't have the info on that so I won't comment further on it as an issue.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Didn't you read my post? Estonia and Latvia are in NATO AND on Russians border. Then Lithuania is next to Latvia and that is in NATO. I'll say it again, NATO does not need Ukraine to have missiles next to Russia's border.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26379814]crayzeed[/posuspect?
The problem is that Russia sees Ukraine as really Russia. Ukraine has a problem with that since Stalin and the Soviets starved them wholesale. I imagine it has created quite a bit of bad blood even more than what was created by the Civil War and its aftermath in the US.

Russia wants that Big Brother paternalism, and the Ukrainians are reacting predictably. This is other geopolitical considerations aside. Russia would never treat Ukraine with full respect and Ukraine would never trust anything less, so where does Ukraine go?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Didn't you read my post? Estonia and Latvia are in NATO AND on Russians border. Then Lithuania is next to Latvia and that is in NATO. I'll say it again, NATO does not need Ukraine to have missiles next to Russia's border.

Yes, I read your post. Thanks for your input. Did you read my post? Did you listen to the podcast? If you did then you would see that it's about more than just the border with Ukraine. It's Geo-politics, banking cartels, Corruption, Nepotism, and more....

Please listen to the podcast and let's discuss the points made in it.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's definitely worth noting that Russia has planned this financially for years. They have huge reserves that can be traded without the dollar and that is very important. There's been brief news on this but only days before the invasion. I think collectively everyone thought Russia is bluffing. Or they (tptb) purposefully projected such an image.

Plenty warned this was coming. Russia has been sanctioned a long time too, who knows? Maybe there's a group somewhere that are about to change the dynamics of finance or something else, things that'll make covid look like a hiccup.

It doesn't all add up yet, Russia's approach mostly. It feels like a ruse.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

It's definitely worth noting that Russia has planned this financially for years. They have huge reserves that can be traded without the dollar and that is very important. There's been brief news on this but only days before the invasion. I think collectively everyone thought Russia is bluffing. Or they (tptb) purposefully projected such an image.

Plenty warned this was coming. Russia has been sanctioned a long time too, who knows? Maybe there's a group somewhere that are about to change the dynamics of finance or something else, things that'll make covid look like a hiccup.

It doesn't all add up yet, Russia's approach mostly. It feels like a ruse.

Yes, something's definitely up. Russia could've flattened Ukraine but didn't. I wonder why.......?

top topics

join