It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Which Side To Pick Not Becoming More Abundantly Clear?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, to my knowledge, America doesn't have re-education cams, a one party system that changes history to suit them, a clear restriction on free speech and limited internet access. I could go on and on.

You don't need to be a scholar of the CCP to see that. And it's weak that you play this gae of "we can't know if china or russia is oppressive ", but at the same time assert that biden and other u.s. politicians will sacrifice their own people.

I just think its funny how people will criticize American media and politicians are corrupt, but will accept china or russia's propaganda without question.

Cant we agree that invading a soverign country is wrong?

You’re not paying attention to what’s going on in your own backyard are you?
edit on 1-3-2022 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree with your OP. I find myself torn as well.. I cant help but want Russia to be successful due to the people telling me to support Ukraine.

I have nothing against Ukraine or its people and I hope the civilian impact is kept to an absolute minimum.

I just cant reconcile the fact that the media, wef, soros, eu, germany, rinos, and dems are all so pro Ukraine and anti russia. I align with the people and groups just mentioned in no way and never support their initiatives or positions.

Strange times we live in.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Imperator2

So, you would like to see Russia succeed in invading an independent country because of your pre-determined, locked in take on partisan politics in the USA rather than the little matter of Right V Wrong?

Got you.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

While saying Putin is targeting civilians is propaganda, there is Russian propaganda as well. The people who brush this invasion off as "putin being forced to fight globaists" are spreading equal propaganda as well.

Of course!

The point is that you are believing the propaganda for your "side." I'm saying I don't know the reasons, but I have seen (with my own eyes) Biden acting as undiplomatic over this crisis as I can imagine. He egged this invasion on. I know that Merkel cancelled the approval process on a pipeline that Russia spent $5.5 billion on... mere days before the invasion. I have seen evidence that Ukraine had developed a habit of not paying Russia what they owed. And of course, there's the Biden connection to Burisma, a gas company based in Kyiv, Ukraine.

So I see a ton of propaganda being thrown around... and my concern is that propaganda historically leads to war. Do we really want war with a country that has more nukes than we do? If so, regurgitating that propaganda is the way to get it.

I am withholding judgement until I see enough evidence one way or another to make an informed decision on what is actually happening. I do not trust Biden as far as I can throw the White House; I do not have a lot of trust in Putin. So I question everything. And for that I am called a "Putin supporter"? To me, that's evidence that someone in the US government is trying to start a war with Russia. I will not support that short of a US invasion.

And there's been plenty of videos showing russian forces hitting civilian structures. It's war and civilians often get the worst of it in war. Even if civilians are not being targeted.

Of course they do. But because something typically occurs, it does not follow that it is occurring now. It probably is, to some degree, but we do not know to what degree. The USA has provided plenty of casualties to countries where we used military action.

As for the videos, I have already seen quite a few which have been recycled from 2014. So all videos are now suspect. It is not possible to film an event occuring in 2022 during 2014.

To say its mostly all friendly fire is assumption. And frankly sounds like bias when there is hundreds of videos showing civilian structures getting hit. I just saw civilian buildings being shelled this morning.

To say it is all Russia is assumption as well... and I didn't even say that. I said there was a possibility, even a probability, that many of these civilian deaths were due to friendly fire. How about we figure out whether or not they were before assigning blame?

Are you sure these videos weren't from previous conflicts? What do you base that on?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I wish I could express all this as well as you have.

Much respect for you!

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

While saying Putin is targeting civilians is propaganda, there is Russian propaganda as well. The people who brush this invasion off as "putin being forced to fight globaists" are spreading equal propaganda as well.

Of course!

The point is that you are believing the propaganda for your "side." I'm saying I don't know the reasons, but I have seen (with my own eyes) Biden acting as undiplomatic over this crisis as I can imagine. He egged this invasion on. I know that Merkel cancelled the approval process on a pipeline that Russia spent $5.5 billion on... mere days before the invasion. I have seen evidence that Ukraine had developed a habit of not paying Russia what they owed. And of course, there's the Biden connection to Burisma, a gas company based in Kyiv, Ukraine.

So I see a ton of propaganda being thrown around... and my concern is that propaganda historically leads to war. Do we really want war with a country that has more nukes than we do? If so, regurgitating that propaganda is the way to get it.

I am withholding judgement until I see enough evidence one way or another to make an informed decision on what is actually happening. I do not trust Biden as far as I can throw the White House; I do not have a lot of trust in Putin. So I question everything. And for that I am called a "Putin supporter"? To me, that's evidence that someone in the US government is trying to start a war with Russia. I will not support that short of a US invasion.

And there's been plenty of videos showing russian forces hitting civilian structures. It's war and civilians often get the worst of it in war. Even if civilians are not being targeted.

Of course they do. But because something typically occurs, it does not follow that it is occurring now. It probably is, to some degree, but we do not know to what degree. The USA has provided plenty of casualties to countries where we used military action.

As for the videos, I have already seen quite a few which have been recycled from 2014. So all videos are now suspect. It is not possible to film an event occuring in 2022 during 2014.

To say its mostly all friendly fire is assumption. And frankly sounds like bias when there is hundreds of videos showing civilian structures getting hit. I just saw civilian buildings being shelled this morning.

To say it is all Russia is assumption as well... and I didn't even say that. I said there was a possibility, even a probability, that many of these civilian deaths were due to friendly fire. How about we figure out whether or not they were before assigning blame?

Are you sure these videos weren't from previous conflicts? What do you base that on?

TheRedneck

Does any of that matter, people are dying needlessly whether you think so or not. I think we should bomb the f out of them. The repercussions of us doing nothing is greater than us doing something

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Putin is bluffing his “high nuke alert” he’s not nuking anyone watch n see
edit on 1-3-2022 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why do I have to pick a side? If I am to pick any side it is with the innocent people of Ukraine who are caught up in this insanity and ultimately just want to live their lives in peace. I am not picking any political side, they are all as evil as each other.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

This is one situation that you could never be told "I told you so" when it happens, because none of us will be alive to do so. While there is a small chance Putin is bluffing, I would not call him on it. Not with the ultimate destruction of everything being the stakes.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Didn't russia always own Chernobyl and the surrounding land?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Mistrustful allies, at best.

Allies of the moment, only.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Does any of that matter, people are dying needlessly whether you think so or not.

Dude, that's been happening since the beginning of time. The question is, what can we do? What do you think we should do? Oh, I see you answered that:

I think we should bomb the f out of them. The repercussions of us doing nothing is greater than us doing something

So you believe we should kill off the majority of the planet? That's what will happen if we start throwing bombs inside Russia. Putin has already stated that he cannot defeat NATO using conventional means, and that he will use whatever is necessary to defend Russia. That means nukes. Russia launching nukes means the US launches nukes.

Is Ukraine worth the rest of the planet to you? Do you hate Russia so badly that you would destroy the species to make sure you get them darn Ruskies? If so, that's... just disturbing...

He won't over Ukraine. But try to invade Russia, start lobbing bombs into Moscow and Leningrad and see what happens.

You'll get a glimpse of it before you disintegrate from the heat. Might leave a nice shadow etched into buildings... assuming anyone is still around to see it.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It seems people have forgotten Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, eh??

Those bombs destroyed two very large cities, populations well into the hundreds of thousands.

New York? Population into the tens of millions. Picture a nuke hundreds of times more powerful the the Hiroshima bomb.

Moscow? Population in the millions, as well...

Bombing the "f" out of Russia? Yeah, let's just go ahead and trigger global thermonuclear war.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I hope I will always choose the side that inconveniences globalist billionaires.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

You willing to risk billions of lives on it--the vast majority of whom have no dog in this fight?

No winners in a fight involving nuclear weapons...only the dead, and those who will soon wish they were dead.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It seems people have forgotten Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, eh??

Those who fail to learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them.

School is about to be in session.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Let us most fervently hope/pray that that isn't the case.

I know the lesson. Learned it long ago. Lived on, and near, SAC bases during my early childhood--I knew what those B52's were carrying, when they all took off at once...

Was it a drill? Or was it for real?

This utter stupidity of revisiting the Cold War I could really do without, frankly. Lived through it once, no desire to do it again, just 'cause some idiots don't like Putin. Hell, I don't particularly care for him, either--not enough to destroy the world, however.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Putin's definition of high nuke alert is far different than ours.

If he starts fueling his ICBMs then we could consider his state of launch readiness to be at max. You don't fuel ICBMs on a whim. They're a perishable resource at the moment they're fueled.

Why don't people on this site know that already.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Some of us do.

It's concerning, but not something I'm losing sleep over.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's like a bar fight. Just punch and smash bottles over the heads of anybody and everybody. Even the cops. I'm not choosing side sin this obviously staged fake invasion. # the Ukraine and # Russia and most of all, # BIDEN and The NWO.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join