It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Which Side To Pick Not Becoming More Abundantly Clear?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Picking sides is a rather monochromatic practice that assumes one side is entirely right and the other is entirely wrong. Life is rarely so simple, but particularly in the arena of geopolitics and trade agreements. Putin's a dick, NATO is exploitative and America is opportunist. There's no "hero" anywhere in this picture.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Snarl

I think like most things this isn't black and white.

I understand why Russia doesn't want a western aligned country right next door sharing 2k+ miles of border and a seaport.

But I also believe Ukraine wanted to leave the Russian sphere of influence, and don't want to be under their rule which seems inevitable whether by annex or proxy.

But my country certainly shouldn't get involved. If we "helped", it would only make things worse.

it is not black and white, agreed.

All our parents I would think used to say to us as kids that there are always two sides to a story. The damage the media has done to the truth makes it hard to get enough information that we can trust to help us see the big picture best. We should expect most anything to be stated that isn't true we will see taken back after the damage was done.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not what i would say. The fact Soros is against Russia likely means our US Army needs to be for Russia because Soros has proven with every fiber of his body he hates our freedoms. Something is up if Soros is upset over this. Do we endorse every thing anyone like Putin does to fight these bastards on their playing field, hell no!

Some eggs have to get cracked to make an omelet.

I am so anti Ruskie Commie I am not ever going to say go get some more land Russia. I do think we can't tell crap with liars for news sources. We are in a conundrum. I am not so sure Putin is our real enemy here is the bottom line.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: stosh64

So because you don't like Soros Russia can do whatever.

Would Soros be for a nuclear war with Russia? Are you for it because Soros isn't? If your position is the opposite of his seems like you lack the ability to reason and think for yourself.

edit on 28-2-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Picking sides is a rather monochromatic practice that assumes one side is entirely right and the other is entirely wrong. Life is rarely so simple, but particularly in the arena of geopolitics and trade agreements. Putin's a dick, NATO is exploitative and America is opportunist. There's no "hero" anywhere in this picture.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

This is the least emotionally charged, most analytically realistic post I've read in regard to this situation on this thread and several others. Thanks.

edit on 28-2-2022 by RedKaliBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

when the politicians, the rich, the powerful, the media, all want you to believe something - you would do well to look behind the curtains as much as possible before deciding.

This is the most important thing in deciding anything right now, and yet the majority don't seem to either realize it or act on it. Propaganda and the resulting emotionalism rule the day, and using those twin demons to brainwash the masses is at peak point in perhaps all of recorded human history. Those that just parrot any or either side will increasingly seem like utter fools; most will deep bury the depths of delusion we've fallen into, but the truth surfaces like bones from the grave.
Choose wisely and carefully now, ya'll. The children's children have long memories, not to mention...

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedKaliBlack

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

when the politicians, the rich, the powerful, the media, all want you to believe something - you would do well to look behind the curtains as much as possible before deciding.

This is the most important thing in deciding anything right now, and yet the majority don't seem to either realize it or act on it. Propaganda and the resulting emotionalism rule the day, and using those twin demons to brainwash the masses is at peak point in perhaps all of recorded human history. Those that just parrot any or either side will increasingly seem like utter fools; most will deep bury the depths of delusion we've fallen into, but the truth surfaces like bones from the grave.
Choose wisely and carefully now, ya'll. The children's children have long memories, not to mention...

I am betting on the hope that it is not as bad as it seems, and that the media is gaslighting us on this too. I am hoping that a lot more people than they would ever allow us to know, are on to their games.

Looking at the number of people that complied to the virus mandates, that were not forced into it, was greater than I thought, but I am again hoping, that they will fall into the fool me once category.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

it is not black and white, agreed.

All our parents I would think used to say to us as kids that there are always two sides to a story.

3 sides, imho, 3rd being the unbiased truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, to my knowledge, America doesn't have re-education cams, a one party system that changes history to suit them, a clear restriction on free speech and limited internet access. I could go on and on.

You don't need to be a scholar of the CCP to see that. And it's weak that you play this gae of "we can't know if china or russia is oppressive ", but at the same time assert that biden and other u.s. politicians will sacrifice their own people.

I just think its funny how people will criticize American media and politicians are corrupt, but will accept china or russia's propaganda without question.

Cant we agree that invading a soverign country is wrong?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

How about designing a rebellion or installing friendly puppets in other countries? What do you think the US response would be if the Mexicans overthrew the cartel puppet leaders of mexico and russia came and supported them...then installed their own friends as leaders there?

Edit: And to add...after installation of said puppets a bunch of corruption starts coming out in the public media. You don't think that would be a worry to neighbors who might be adversaries?
edit on 28-2-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, to my knowledge, America doesn't have re-education cams, a one party system that changes history to suit them, a clear restriction on free speech and limited internet access. I could go on and on.

I disagree about everything but the internet access.

The re-education camps are our education system, from kindergarten through university, all pushing a liberal agenda and brainwashing students. When a kindergarten class of white kids is forced to march around the room carrying blm signs chanting "black lives matter" it can be only one thing - indoctrination (re-education).

We allegedly have a two party system but it always seems to be one party making the rules. There is no such thing as bipartisan cooperation any more.

Democrats love to rewrite history and do so at the drop of a hat - any hat.

Freedom is becoming a fleeting thing. Free speech isn't as free as it used to be. Censorship is abundant however. And yes, we have unlimited internet access. However, on many platforms we are limited to what we are allowed to see/say/do and are throttled or suspended for violations that were never clearly delineated. Some vague 'fact checker' says "missing context" and our freedom of speech is limited to what that phantom clicker will allow.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The US financed the Nazi party for years, that's the way they operate, Hitler was Time Magazine's Man of the year. They were even forbidden to bomb some plants in Germany, and when they accidentally did they paid the compensation after it was all over. A load of Hypocrites then, and still not much has changed.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Please don't project or put words in my mouth. At no time did I say that anyone was not "oppressed" nor "oppressive." Quite the opposite, I stated that they're all dirty as sin, and I'm not going to compete in the Victim Olympics to decide who is the mostest oppressed nor who is the mostest oppressive.

Yes, we can agree that invading a sovereign country is wrong... just as I said (not to you personally) before THE USA invaded Iraq. Our hands are not clean. Our leaders are not pure. I won't pretend otherwise. And I sure as hell won't make piss poor excuses for it.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Yes Putin is great as he levels Ukraine cities and kills it's citizens.

What cities have been "levelled"? I haven't heard of any. As a matter of fact, Russia seems to be attacking military targets and avoiding cities themselves.

352 citizens killed as of Sunday (I linked that report earlier), and quite possibly most of them were killed by the Ukrainian "militias." Amateurs who wanted to leave instead of stay and fight, many of them. So you just hand everyone a military rifle and tell them to shoot Russians in a country where people speak Russian... what could go wrong?

If lies and exaggerations are required to demonize an action, it is quite possible said action isn't "demonic" to begin with. Might want to lay off the propaganda for a while... sounds like you're close to an overdose.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I don't think America should invade mexico because they allowed russia to install puppet leaders. Mexican people still have a choice to refuse those leaders to be elected.

What right would America have to say "we don't like your rusian friendly leaders, so we're going to invade you".

And our invasion would displace hundreds of thousands while causing civilian casualties, just like Russia has. Ukraine people is not better off being invaded. This is only benifiting Russian geopplitics and power.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

While saying Putin is targeting civilians is propaganda, there is Russian propaganda as well. The people who brush this invasion off as "putin being forced to fight globaists" are spreading equal propaganda as well.

And there's been plenty of videos showing russian forces hitting civilian structures. It's war and civilians often get the worst of it in war. Even if civilians are not being targeted.

To say its mostly all friendly fire is assumption. And frankly sounds like bias when there is hundreds of videos showing civilian structures getting hit. I just saw civilian buildings being shelled this morning.

edit on 1-3-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You may think they shouldn't invade under such circumstances.....but with all due respect, you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe they wouldn't invade.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is people in West Ukraine, Belive Eastern Ukraine is full of Ethnic Russians, It is and they hate them, That is why they have killed over 50,000 of them since 2015, in the American made "Civil War"

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join