It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Twisting the scriptures to fit a theological construct, isn't the Holy Spirit speaking...it's holier than thou arrogance.

is that you Pat?

twitter.com... Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2Fpat-robertson%2F

edit on 28-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There was a time, when "science" was "innocent", of any "crimes" against knowledge and "humanity".
That time has passed.

Most any, "two bit", red neck, or "scientist", can "survive" science. Doesn't take a lot of "education" to know if you can breath or not.
"Archeological Scientists" are flabbergasted that they figured out, how to make a spearhead, out of Flintstone....

Mosy of my people thought?... This was "common knowledge''.
edit on 28-2-2022 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Have you ever considered it is the other way around, meaning when you leave (as in die), then so goes your soul?

Why resurrect Jesus if his body isn't needed?

Yes of course. That is exactly what I always assumed, and realize this is what many believe. Personally I have no idea. I had a lucid dream/remote view once where a young girl was dragged underwater in a river by her fellow tribe women, and I saw what appeared to be her essence rise out of the water and dissipate into the air. I won't get into the reason she was drowned.
Its all just theories, speculation, thousandth hand knowledge. I guess we will find out.
I kind of like the idea that we are just gone, and whatever powers the body and mind is gone with us.
That way I don't have to fight a 'God'. It would win.

Your second question is interesting. Because that is who the people would recognize? Saying Christ was put back into his body. Im sure a God could do that.

Elbo Grees
edit on 28-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: content

edit on 28-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: truth

edit on 28-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: claim

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm Conservative. I voted for Trump.

Great. I added a disclaimer you must have missed where I wasn't making my point about you personally.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Atheist want that the God show it self in it's purest form. Well this ain't gonna happen and that bothers them.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Once again, for those who have not been paying attention or who cannot wrap their heads around the concept: atheists don't care about something that does not exist.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

atheists don't care about something that does not exist.

But they ARE against the teachings and the religions that promote a thing that in their opinion does not exist? That is a fine point to my evolving understanding of the concept.

So the title should have read "Why Are Atheists So Angry With The Idea Of A God Or Gods" ?

Got it.

Elbo Grees

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: saadad

Once again, for those who have not been paying attention or who cannot wrap their heads around the concept: atheists don't care about something that does not exist.

Sure they do. All atheist do is talk about God who they claim doesn't exist. If you asked 100 people on the street, what's an atheist, God will be mentioned in some way 99% of the time.

You can't be an atheist if God doesn't exist.

Like I said, this is why atheist are so angry at God. Have you ever watched a Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens debate? They talk about God. They're angry.

The Bible tells us why:

Romans 1:20 “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

Atheist know God exists. They clearly understand this and the knowledge of God is in their conscious. Atheists are angry because they hate the fact that they can't remove the truth of God's existence from their conscious.

Maybe it's time for some atheists to start accepting the truth of God and the Grace given through Christ and stop resisting what their conscious knows to be true.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
It is kinda sad to see that you just can't wrap your head around it.

Maybe an inverse example might help. Some more extreme pastors/churches will sometimes rally against Santa Claus, you know shift the letters and it says satan, he's in all red and he takes the focus off of Jesus at christmas and turns a holy day into something commercial.

That doesn't mean they believe santa actually exists and they are angry at him.
edit on 1-3-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Are you sure about that? Are you sure it's not because people like yourself are always preaching to atheists? Of course people are going to counter your preaching with their own ideas, especially if that's all you ever do. I really haven't seen anyone so closed minded, prejudiced and judgemental as a pious christian, which is precisely what you are.

I can guarantee if you start a non-religious conversation with an atheist, they will most likely not bring up god, or the lack of from their perspective.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy
To be fair, some atheists can be preachy as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
God should just be recognized and respected.
We are here because it is.
I think God is hydrogen, the ultimate creator of everything.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

It's because they know God exists. Everyone knows God exists. The Bible says this:

Romans 1:20 “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

Well they don't believe in the bible either, so that doesn't work.

The simple answer is because atheism is its own religion, and that is why they put so much energy and thought into it all.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That's the thing, everyone has their own ideas and interpretations of what god is, or is not. We should respect that. The problem is that some people can't accept that. These are the dangerous people, the ones so insecure in their own beliefs they can't handle the fact they could be wrong, are willing to silence, censor, destroy lives, restrict freedoms, and even go as far as killing people to avoid their ideology being questioned or challenged.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I cannot argue with that.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They don't seem so mad at us Norse pagans. Might be because we don't try to stick it down their throats.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeletonKey
They don't seem so mad at us Norse pagans. Might be because we don't try to stick it down their throats.

Shove it down their throats? Let me repeat:

Atheist have religion shoved down their throats? Really?

All atheists do is talk about God. Just about every debate on YouTube with an atheist is about God.

Richard Dawkins and other atheist can't stop talking about God.

Most atheist books and websites are about God.

You can't be an atheist if God doesn't exist. Atheist are defined by God.

I have debated atheist and all they talk about is God and religion. Nobody has to force anything down their throats.

Definition of atheist
: a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods : one who subscribes to or advocates atheism

www.merriam-webster.com...

You can't be an atheist if God doesn't exist!

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You can't be an atheist if God doesn't exist. Atheist are defined by God.

Against the IDEA of ANY god or gods doesn't confirm the existence of one in the mind of the Atheist. Or anywhere else for that matter. Right? Makes complete sense. Though, its a pro active (not passive) worldview in my opinion. And valid.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

To be fair, I've never had an atheist come to my door with pamphlets asking me a bunch of personal questions.

I'm not angry but one of these days you are going to push it to far and I'm gonna set the dogs on you. This is private property....if you want to talk to me call me first or at least send a text.
edit on 1-3-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Of course they don't go door to door but the scenario MetalChickAmy mentioned was just a conversation with someone who is an atheist. It might come up and some can be preachy.

For example
(group of teens talking.)

One says: "let's go to the movies this sunday."

Another kid says: "I can't I have to go to church".

Atheist teen who just can't help himself: "What you believe in that BS? [Insert preaching here]"

Also, there are celebrity atheists who are certainly out there pushing the ideal.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join