It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Kreeate

In order for someone to "further" your point, you need to have had one to start with.

The point was atheists are mad at a God that they don't even believe in, and you literally just proved that point with your prior post that listed reasons why atheists are angry at God

Please don't try to be intentionally dense...

Atheists aren't angry at "god". They are angry at morons who push the ridiculous idea of "god".
By definition, atheists cannot be angry with your god, or any god for that matter, because no gods exist.
It's synonymous to you being angry because unicorns exist. Do they? Of course not, therefore being angry at them is laughable.

Grow up and learn the difference mate.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Actually, in "good cop/bad cop" one cop acts like he want's to help the person being accused but in fact both are trying to screw the person over.

So, if god and satan have conspired to run a game like this on mankind, posing as enemies but actually being on the same team, chances are it isn't in mankind's interest.

Good cop bad cop are not my words. My point is if he needs to be evil he doesn't need to fake it.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
You keep missing the point.

Atheists are not angry at god, they are bothered by people who are always going on about how good he is, when the same book you use to make that argument shows that he sanctioned some genocides.

I know that the believers say it was because those people/towns were full of sin but you have to be kind of naive to not take into account that it could have been some leader at the time slinging propaganda. Sin seemed to be old school WMDs.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: GoShredAK
You are still missing the point.

It isn't about what might happen to satan at some point.

It is about the claim that god can't even stand to look upon those with sin, yet here we have him just paling around with the greatest sinner of all time, not to mentioned that he tried to take god out, and even making a friendly wager, as if they were the Duke Bros. from Trading Places.

Apparently your faith just won't let you accept this huge plot hole.

Good Point…

Another “plot hole” is the fact that God can apparently destroy Satan…yet is instead waiting (for some reason)… which allows Satan time to roam the Earth, devouring people’s Souls…Any all powerful and righteous god would just get rid of Satan quickly...to help save and protect people…

And then there’s the whole Satan tempting Jesus story…I mean God has all the power and things that he needs. How can he even be tempted by anything or anyone.

Also throughout most of the OT…it’s God that commands Satan to do stuff. So why would Jesus who is supposedly God, send Satan, to tempt himself.

I’m pretty sure all theses stories about God and Satan are really meant to be internalized by the individual…as it is us who battle internally with the good and bad aspects of ourselves…

- JC

edit on 4-3-2022 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Good Point…

Another “plot hole” is the fact that God can apparently destroy Satan…yet is instead waiting (for some reason)… which allows Satan time to roam the Earth, devouring people’s Souls…

Like a seed, Souls germinate in darkness before ascending to the light. Satan is a necessary intermediary for souls to develop an understanding of free will.

Any all powerful and righteous god would just get rid of Satan quickly...to help save and protect people…

You should make a soul-generating matrix that is upgraded from the current one we have then.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Atheists aren't angry at "god". They are angry at morons who push the ridiculous idea of "god".
By definition, atheists cannot be angry with your god, or any god for that matter, because no gods exist.
It's synonymous to you being angry because unicorns exist. Do they? Of course not, therefore being angry at them is laughable.

Then why does something like a nativity scene piss them off to the point they feel the need to canx it, or changing Merry Christmas to happy winter holidays...lol

You can respect people's beliefs by not being A-holes to.

edit on 4-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

a reply to: GoShredAK
You are still missing the point.

It isn't about what might happen to satan at some point.

It is about the claim that god can't even stand to look upon those with sin, yet here we have him just paling around with the greatest sinner of all time, not to mentioned that he tried to take god out, and even making a friendly wager, as if they were the Duke Bros. from Trading Places.

Apparently your faith just won't let you accept this huge plot hole.

Good Point…

Another “plot hole” is the fact that God can apparently destroy Satan…yet is instead waiting (for some reason)… which allows Satan time to roam the Earth, devouring people’s Souls…Any all powerful and righteous god would just get rid of Satan quickly...to help save and protect people…

And then there’s the whole Satan tempting Jesus story…I mean God has all the power and things that he needs. How can he even be tempted by anything or anyone.

Also throughout most of the OT…it’s God that commands Satan to do stuff. So why would Jesus who is supposedly God, send Satan, to tempt himself.

I’m pretty sure all theses stories about God and Satan are really meant to be internalized by the individual…as it is us who battle internally with the good and bad aspects of ourselves…

- JC

An astute and accurate observation.

The Bible is filled with these plot holes, yet the indoctrinated ignore it and claim that it's some "obscure master plan" in the end.
It's laughable at best and atrocious at worst. An ancient system designed to capture and enslave the gullible.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You keep missing the point.

Atheists are not angry at god, they are bothered by people who are always going on about how good he is, when the same book you use to make that argument shows that he sanctioned some genocides.

Ignore this if you read my post on the last page, but Jericho for example was annihilated because it was a race of ravenous fallen angels. All of what I have read there is a justification for why something happens. Often times it is because the nation has become so malignant they need to be removed for the sake of the planet

I know that the believers say it was because those people/towns were full of sin but you have to be kind of naive to not take into account that it could have been some leader at the time slinging propaganda. Sin seemed to be old school WMDs.

The reason I think the Jewish authors of these texts were being honest is because they were always objective about what rhey wrote. They are one of the few cultures to depict their own short-comings and failings as a nation... so I don't think they would embellish stories about their enemies then. They took the truth very seriously, especially the scribes.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Then why does something like a nativity scene piss them off to the point they feel the need to canx it, or changing Merry Christmas to happy winter holidays...lol

You can respect people's beliefs without being A-holes too.

Please provide proof that it is only "atheists" who does that which you claim.

I personally couldn't care less about your "nativity" fantasy. Have at it. Put it up in banners and broadcast it to the world.
I don't care.

Start shoving it down my throat in my everyday life, then we have a problem.

Same way YOU would have a problem if Satan, Mohammad etc. was pushed onto you the way that Christianity is pushed on people.

See how that works?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
No, they were mine in the post you were replying to.

Everyone keeps focusing on satan. The point is that if he isn't faking it and he is in gods inner circle, god doesn't actually have a problem with evil, since he is glad to partner with someone who is.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Same way YOU would have a problem if Satan, Mohammad etc. was pushed onto you the way that Christianity is pushed on people.

See how that works?

Evolution is pushed on kids all throughout school. It's the atheist creation story being crammed into kids heads at a young age. Yet in public schools if people want to be taught Christianity they have to go to a separated Sunday school lol

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

See how that works?

Evolution is pushed on kids all throughout school. It's the atheist creation story being crammed into kids heads at a young age. Yet in public schools if people want to be taught Christianity they have to go to a separated Sunday school lol

The difference is that evolution is empirical science, whereas your fantasy religion is just that... fantasy.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
C'mon now, some town in the middle of a desert with a few thousand inhabitants was threatening the planet?

Sure, they were a race of ravenous fallen angels and nobody in a position of power has every launched propaganda against an enemy. /s

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The difference is that evolution is empirical science,

Show me an example of a population of organisms evolving into something new.

Or even show me one complete transitional fossil that led up to a human.

Or even show me one example of life coming from non-life through undirected chemical process.

Otherwise admit it is faith-based. And they teach your faith to young kids, which is the only reason the theory still persists is due to such indoctrination.

whereas your fantasy religion is just that... fantasy.

If we're comparing "fantasies"... you believe you're the magical descendant of mutated apes which are descended from a long line of mutants that emerged out of some miracle goo a billion years ago.

I believe biological creatures were created by a logical Being.
edit on 4-3-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

C'mon now, some town in the middle of a desert with a few thousand inhabitants was threatening the planet?

Sure, they were a race of ravenous fallen angels and nobody in a position of power has every launched propaganda against an enemy. /s

But the Jewish people were remarkably pragmatic with their record keeping. Most of the time they were discussing how they had fallen into depravity and deserved, for example, getting ransacked by Babylon.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
Another “plot hole” is the fact that God can apparently destroy Satan…yet is instead waiting (for some reason)… which allows Satan time to roam the Earth, devouring people’s Souls…

Originally posted by cooperton
Like a seed, Souls germinate in darkness before ascending to the light. Satan is a necessary intermediary for souls to develop an understanding of free will.

Actually, freewill itself does that on its own…i.e. helps the Soul to grow and develop…through the good and the bad…

There’s No need for one Big bad evil entity to be roaming around…as we can learn from the bad aspects of others and ourselves…

Originally posted by Joecroft
Any all powerful and righteous god would just get rid of Satan quickly...to help save and protect people…

Originally posted by cooperton
You should make a soul-generating matrix that is upgraded from the current one we have then.

The one we have now works just fine…as freewill is present…

Like I said at the end of my post…Satan and God represent the Good and Evil aspects within ourselves…That’s what all the stories represent…imo

- JC

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And you don't think that was a way for their leaders to keep them in line?

Besides many stories were not written down but handed down through oral tradition and it isn't like things don't get tweaked when that happens.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Because of their bloated self pride they draw those conclusions.

That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Thanks for making my point even further.

Exactly! How else could you reach these conclusions?

1. How can you conclude God doesn't exist with such limited information? We're a type 0 civilization that hasn't been back to the moon in 53 years. We haven't even fully explored our own backyard, yet you conclude that there's no God?

2. How do you conclude that there's no afterlife? Resuscitation techniques are pushing the time of death back further and further. We now know the brain is still active even when the heart has stopped pumping blood to the brain. How can you know there's no afterlife with such limited knowledge?

3. How can atheists conclude that we're the highest form of intelligence that has ever existed? We're in a universe scientists say is 13.8 billion years old. They then have to appeal to a multiverse or 10^500 false vacua to try to explain the fine tuned universe. So many of them believe the universe is infinite. So in a 13.8 billion year old universe that may be a speck in the eyes of infinity, how can an atheist conclude that humans are the only and highest form of intelligence, knowledge, wisdom and understanding that has ever existed? How can you make such a conclusion with such limited knowledge?

So if an atheist dies tomorrow of a heart attack at age 60, are you saying his 60 years and limited knowledge was enough to conclude that in all of 13.8 billion years, 10^500 false vacua and an infinite multiverse that humans are the highest form of intelligence that exists? These are all ideas scientists have to push to try and get around the fine tuned universe.

How can atheists make such a leap? I won't even call it a leap. I will say how can atheists take such an eonic step? How can you limit all existence to the limited and primitive knowledge of a type 0 civilization? How can atheists say the sum of all knowledge and intelligence in a 13.8 billion year universe that may be a speck of infinity, is summed up and limited to the physics of a type 0 civilization?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You said : "Why are atheist(s) so angry with God?"

For a start...

God orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses (Joshua 6). In Judges 21 He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife!

Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 & Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

Still using the same list I see. Actually, seems to be a copy-paste.

Does anyone here remember my response to this list? It might have been more than a year ago. I remember explaining and demonstrating a lot of spin and misrepresentation of the Bible texts being referenced. Along with some convenient misinterpretations and misunderstandings that facilitate the spin or seeing that which one wants to see in order to add it to the list.

If there was a legitimate reason for being angry with the God described in the Bible, whose name is Jehovah (Ps 83:18), why the need for so much negative spin and misrepresentation of what the Bible is actually talking about or what it's actually saying (including the context)? Couldn't the source* of this list pick something that didn't require any spin or misrepresentation to make the same point? Why the need for deceptive slander that tickles the ears of some people but is not a true/accurate representation of the Bible texts referenced? (*: wherever it was copy-pasted from originally, the ultimate source lies elsewhere)

Devil

The descriptive name of Satan in the Christian Greek Scriptures, which means “Slanderer.” Satan was given the name Devil because he is the chief and foremost slanderer and false accuser of Jehovah, His good word, and His holy name.​—Mt 4:1; Joh 8:44; Re 12:9.

Proverbs 26:22

The words of a slanderer are like tasty morsels;* [Or “like things to be swallowed greedily.”]

They are gulped right down into the stomach.

edit on 4-3-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think Jesus was not actually god God. He had to overcome his own challenges to faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join