It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I am a Christian. But I agree, not everyone has the same "view" or "picture" of God.

For me, I refuse to assume or put limits in any way on what God is. It is the creator of all. While their is understanding of us Humans, with God taking human form, there is so much more as to not be understandable in a small fraction by us.

So how can you know anything? How can the smartest monkey compare to Einstein, let alone the smartest human compare to God? While this is a good analogy, the scale and dimension is not a good analogy.

So I just trust the word of God put into flesh, and written in the book. That trust is called faith.
It is not just what I trust to be the truth, it is what I hope to be the truth. Therefore it is my choice to not only accept this, but that I pray for it to be the truth.

What else can you do? There are a lot of self prescribed genius's the last few generations. They think their thoughts are original, "God is just all our conscious put into one" nonsense. Nothing new under the sun unfortunately.

Why do atheists hate God? There are many more ways to phrase that question.
- Why do atheists shun the truth of God?
- Why do atheists hate Christians?
- Why do liberals hate their country?
- Why do people commit sin and call it virtue?

The answer to all of these questions is simple. It has to do with insecurity. Some people hate themselves and think lowly of themselves. They have judged themselves and found themselves wanting. They know what awaits and are simply accepting of it early, at a yet even unconscious level. They do not just know this and accept this, but in some deranged imperceivable way, they want and choose this.
(For the nerds out there, yes I just plagiarized the Architect)

What can you do to sway such people to accept the truth? I think they already do accept the truth. They just have a different destination than you, and deep down they know this.
Knowing this, there is a jealousy. So when you preach the Gospel to them, they take it as bragging and lash out at you and at God. Just think of it as a Jealousy thing and you'll understand why they hate.
Of course, if you share the Gospel in a demeaning way "holier than thou" way, then they don't hate Christians, they just hate you.

But you still have the commandment, and you are not to judge. So preach away regardless of what they say. Some of them will be swayed in the end.
edit on 3-3-2022 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
When I was about 10 I laid it down like that to my parents, who were raised catholic although they were not really practicing catholics.

I had read the new testament and took away that same message and relayed it to the two people I loved the most.

Somewhere between then and when I turned 15 I started doubting. Slowly christianity started to sound more like a fairy tale to me.

At some point, out of nowhere, someone handed me Carlos Castaneda's "The fire from within". Something about it resonated with me. With the things I had experienced in my life and, although I have read that Castaneda might have made the whole thing up by borrowing from different esoteric ideologies, it made me feel like there might be more to this existence thing.

The nail in the coffin on my christian faith came, ironically, from the bible, the book of Job.

Job 1:6-7

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

So the most evil being in creation just waltzes into heaven and god, who is supposedly all knowing, asks what he has been doing and then offers his best servant, Job, so that satan can basically torture the guy?

From the moment I read and digested that, the bible became what it is to me today, just a collection of fables.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That is what I surmised as well.a reply to: daskakik

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: majesticthirteen

You said:

I know a lot of atheists. None of them are mad. At all.

I can make a thread of the angry things said by atheist on this forum. I have already listed some but that's not the point of the thread. If people want to delude themselves and say atheist never say anything angry and mean about God and Christ, then they can stay in Plato's Cave,

You said:

They are good people for the sake of being good to others. God will judge them with the same love that He judges you, and not by how hard they pined for Him, but how well they treated others and themselves.

This is just a lie and it's dangerous.

NOBODY IS GOOD!

Why did Jesus have to die on the Cross if people can good their way into Heaven? God could have said just do 100 good acts and that's enough.

Sin corrupted our very nature and separated us from God. It's only through Christ, not by good works or being decent are we reconciled to God.

They called Jesus good and this is what He said:

Luke 18:19 “And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.”

The Bible says are good works are as filthy rags. This is why the message of the Cross is so powerful.

Paul talked about this when there were people trying to say you need to be circumsized or you need to eat only this food.

This is an important point because you're the 2nd person that came into this thread with this same lie. Works do not save us, only the blood of Christ.

The Bible says:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Here's Paul talking about this:

Romans Chapter 3

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans Chapter 4

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans Chapter 5

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Justified by the Blood of Christ not by good works.

What you're saying isn't just wrong, it's dangerous. Sin corrupted our very nature so we're all born in sin and iniquity and saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 - For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I never said all atheists arent mad. I know plenty and the ones I know are not. 90% of people on this site have extreme views so youre gonna find crazies on both sides talking plenty of sh-t on these forums. I don't associate with hateful people out in the real world and i come from a field that has many, many atheists. None of the ones i know are as you describe. The atheists i know have nothing tonprove to God. They choose to be kind to others because its the right thing to do. Do you choose kindness to be rewarded or do you choose kindness out of your own heart's desires?

Also its not "dangerous" to suggest God loves everyone the same. Its dangerous to think God chooses one over the other. Like he cares that you read the heavily edited and whitewashed king james bible. God wants us to treat each other as we would treat ourselves, and that includes atheists or people who belong to religions you don't like. How many more wars do we need over belief systems? You think a loving God is up there cheering on imperialism and religious crusades? Does God salivate at the sight of blood? Is he peaking out of your closet to make sure youre not masturbating? Does he care if two guys have sex? My God is not such a petty creature and if you actually believe in God and not some meddling demiurge than this shouldnt be a "dangerous" idea to you. My God is infinite, and infinity doesn't care if you vote republican or democrat. You join infinity through action and living with love and compassion in your heart.

Yes all are born with sin and the point of life is transmutation. There are infinite paths to God's light. Every person has their own journey and every person is born worthy to walk the path out of sin. Their internal belief system matter a whole lot less than how they treat others and themselves. Im sorry to report christianity isnt the "right" religion. There is no "right" religion. There are people and their individual relationships with YHWH.

If this all sounds dangerous to you then you haven't learned anything from Christ's teachings. Like i suggested earlier, read the Essene gospels. Not everything you need to know is in the King James and its kind of hilarous to think it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

When you can only justify your argument by stating that you're right because a book of myths that your religion is based on says that you're right, that's circular reasoning and you don't have a case.
I remain bemused and in no way angry. I do however reiterate my point that theists want atheists to be angry, because: reasons.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

People need the true Gospel in it's simplist form with no religion attached to it.

Could you please provide me with an example of this?
edit on 3-3-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Both sides are wide brushing each other over all this. The vast majority on both sides don't give a rat's ass about the other side's opinion. Those that constantly engage are just the wing nuts who do not represent the reality of either side.

edit on 3-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Both sides are wide brushing each other over all this. The vast majority on both sides don't give a rat's ass about the other side's opinion. Those that constantly engage are just the wing nuts who do not represent the reality of either side.

Sounds like you're a moderate extremist

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So the most evil being in creation just waltzes into heaven and god, who is supposedly all knowing, asks what he has been doing and then offers his best servant, Job, so that satan can basically torture the guy?

It's called "free will" aka there's no point in orchestrating a savior complex if there's no embodiment of cruelty and suffering allowed to run amok and stir the turds so people are continually vulnerable to manipulation.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why are theists in this thread so angry with atheists?

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Sounds like you're a moderate extremist

funny..

I'm just pragmatic. I could debate either side quite easily.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Why are theists in this thread so angry with atheists?

My favorite replies as to proof of God are the ones that just quote the bible...lol

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am the Lord thy God! Thou shalt have no other Gods but me! (This is a RED FLAG)

Thou shalt not take the Name of the Lord thy God in vain! (Whats it's Name?)

Thou shalt keep the Sabbath Day holy! (Foot Ball?)

Thou shalt honor father and mother! (What if they are jackass's?)

Thou shalt not kill! (Then we will be hungry oh and how many have been killed in gods name ?)

Thou shalt not commit adultery! (Or Sleep with your daughters?)

Thou shalt not steal! ( sometimes you have to in order to survive)

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor! (Witch Trials come to mind)

Do not let thyself lust after thy neighbor’s wife! (What if she's Horny and hot? But candle boys are ok)

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, nor his farm, nor his cattle, nor anything that is his! (That's just not motivational and I thought there was a donkey in there somewhere)

edit on 3-3-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

MY favorite replies are atheists asking theist to proof God...

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I understand the role that he plays in the story.

I just think it is a huge contradiction to say the guy that rebelled, tried to dethrone god and was exiled just walks past the bouncer at the pearly gates and is greeted by god like an old pal when they are painted, in other parts of the book, as mortal enemies.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

funny..

I'm just pragmatic. I could debate either side quite easily.

Yeah I usually speak in the language of the majority of the people listening. If it's a room of atheists I'll stick with science rather than Bible verses. Some Christians are interested in science, others not. New agey people love Hinduism and certain philosophers.

I do believe most major religions are (attempting to) depict the Most High God, but the irony being that the true nature of a transcendental Being is indescribable. Christianity is unique though due to Christ being the karmic buffer for humankind, and I do think He is the fundamental Mind that created our reality.

Honestly I need to stop getting sucked into an argumentative mentality because there is a lot more common ground among us rather than differences.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
People aren't angry at something they don't believe, they get angry at holy rollers/people, telling them whats what.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
People aren't angry at something they don't believe, they get angry at holy rollers/people, telling them whats what.

I typically wonder if that is really the case in the last few decades or more. It seems to be a popular reason for not liking religious people, but in my 61 years I have failed to really experienced the angry holy roller. I also know some very strong religious people who have never push religion on me. I been to a Mormon temple as a guest, as example, with not one word of religion spoken towards me in my visit. I have shared bread with many religious people and never seen a "bible thumper" type person engage with me. Now maybe in other countries we see dangerous extremists that use religion as a tool it was not meant for, but if not religion I can pick another dozen non-religious tools in its place.

As much as Atheist suggest religious people are hyper sensitive I see it more the other way around where the atheist purposely engages the religious in a hyper sensitive action, so it is many time not the religious getting into the personal space of the Atheist its the Atheist getting into the personnel space if the religious person, or group.

I don't really believe in intelligent design, but then I also do not call myself Atheist in anyway because Atheism in its own right might as well be its own form of religion with the level that many Atheist put emotion, energy and thought into it all.

edit on 3-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
When I was about 10 I laid it down like that to my parents, who were raised catholic although they were not really practicing catholics.

I had read the new testament and took away that same message and relayed it to the two people I loved the most.

Somewhere between then and when I turned 15 I started doubting. Slowly christianity started to sound more like a fairy tale to me.

At some point, out of nowhere, someone handed me Carlos Castaneda's "The fire from within". Something about it resonated with me. With the things I had experienced in my life and, although I have read that Castaneda might have made the whole thing up by borrowing from different esoteric ideologies, it made me feel like there might be more to this existence thing.

The nail in the coffin on my christian faith came, ironically, from the bible, the book of Job.

Job 1:6-7

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

From the moment I read and digested that, the bible became what it is to me today, just a collection of fables.

The book of job is a powerful story and a tool for people to justify their feelings of an angry and petty god that they want nothing to do with......iget it...in the surface it is God allowing a good man to go through horrible trials and loss, all just to prove a point to Satan (who is free to wander around on earth and in the heavenly places......(for now(

All just to see if job would remain faithful or curse God.....

In the end Job was restored and restored greater then he had before.......and he did a good job In face of such adversity....

They ways of the Most High God are well beyond our comprehension......but I have faith he makes all things work for good.....

Paul talks about trials and explains how we should rejoice in our afflictions and persevere through any trial for the sake of Jesus.......the hardships we face here in the name of the Lord won't be worth comparing to what wonderful things await us in heaven....

Trials and hardships are often prayers answered, just not in the way we would prefere them........ and they become lessons and sources of strength that nurture our faith in ways we don't expect....
edit on 3-3-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
The book of job is a powerful story and a tool for people to justify their feelings of an angry and petty god that they want nothing to do with......iget it...

No, you don't get it but I'm not surprised.

I am not just talking about Job being tested. I'm talking about the most sinful character being in heaven when we are told that that just can't happen. Nobody who is not free of sin can even be in the presence of god. It is the reason given for the death of Jesus.

The fact that god would just chit chat with the guy that tried to run a coup on him is also a big hole in the plot.

It isn't just "god was so mean to Job".

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join