It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's circular reasoning. We have imagination because it is a part of what makes us like God. Go to an animal, and see if they come up with the idea of MightySpider, or SuperDog, or WonderCat.

Contemplate if a dolphin or an elephant thinks about eternity; wonders about their origins, and where they are headed. They cannot and don't.

Where does the ability to see into the unknown and contemplate eternity come from? Evolution doesn't explain it. None of the animals have it.

What animal asks about tomorrow?

What animals seeks higher understanding and wisdom?

What animal has a spiritual need and longing?

All these things humans possess and display. We all have it. Even you. Yes you do. You can deny it and degrade, and name call, and chastise. But it is there inside you. The very fact that your mind wages war against the idea and spews hatred against the very idea is proof you have it. Animals couldn't care less if you sat there and told them they had a spiritual need. Go ahead and try it. Tell your horse, or cow, or goat, or dog, or cat, or mouse, or whatever animals it may be about spiritual things. See if they become hate filled, or see if they care. See if they even understand what you are trying to tell them.

You do understand. You try to act like you don't. Yet you use the same human mind gifted with the ability to communicate and conceptualize and understand the eternal that I have. We are both children of Adam, and he was made in God's image. With that comes free will and the ability to display God's attributes. To show love and compassion, empathy and tenderness kindness to strangers, to foreigners, to neighbors.

You exercise free will to reject the idea, although you are able to understand what I am telling you. You are not like the animals, unreasoning, and meant only for destruction. Or perhaps you are:

"But these men, like unreasoning animals that act on instinct and are born to be caught and destroyed, speak abusively about things of which they are ignorant."-2 Peter 2:12.

edit on 2-3-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

That's circular reasoning. We have imagination because it is a part of what makes us like God. Go to an animal, and see if they come up with the idea of Spiderman, or SuperDog, or WonderCat.

Contemplate if a dolphin or an elephant thinks about eternity. Wonders about their origins, and where they are headed. They cannot and don't.

Where does the ability to see into the unknown and contemplate eternity come from? Evolution doesn't explain it. None of the animals have it.

What animal as a spiritual need and longing?

All these things humans possess and display. We all have it. Even you. Yes you do. You can deny it and degrade, and name call, and chastise. But it is there inside you. The very fact that your mind wages war against the idea and spews hatred against the very idea is proof you have it. Animals couldn't care less if you sat there and told them they had a spiritual need. Go ahead and try it. Tell your horse, or cow, or goat, or dog, or cat, or mouse, or whatever animals it may be about spiritual things. See if they become hate filled, or see if they care. See if they even understand what you are trying to tell them.

You do understand. You try to act like you don't. Yet you use the same human mind gifted with the ability to communicate that I have. We are both children of Adam, and he was made in God's image. With that comes free will and the ability to display God's attributes. To show love and compassion, empathy and tenderness kindness to strangers, to foreigners, to neighbors.

You exercise free will to reject the idea, although you are able to understand what I am telling you. You are not like the animals, unreasoning, and meant only for destruction. Or perhaps you are:

"But these men, like unreasoning animals that act on instinct and are born to be caught and destroyed, speak abusively about things of which they are ignorant."-2 Peter 2:12.

"You are not like the animals, unreasoning, and meant only for destruction"

Perhaps you can tell me, who is doing the destroying? And how that is meant to resemble superiority?

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him" - Malcolm S. Forbes

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

That's circular reasoning. We have imagination because it is a part of what makes us like God. Go to an animal, and see if they come up with the idea of Spiderman, or SuperDog, or WonderCat.

Contemplate if a dolphin or an elephant thinks about eternity. Wonders about their origins, and where they are headed. They cannot and don't.

You do understand. You try to act like you don't. Yet you use the same human mind gifted with the ability to communicate that I have. We are both children of Adam, and he was made in God's image. With that comes free will and the ability to display God's attributes. To show love and compassion, empathy and tenderness kindness to strangers, to foreigners, to neighbors.

Perhaps you can tell me, who is doing the destroying? And how that is meant to resemble superiority?

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him" - Malcolm S. Forbes

If you mean that religious people are doing a lot of the destruction. I agree with you. That doesn't mean God doesn't exist. That just means they exercise their freewill to do what is evil.

God's word even foretells of people that would have "an appearance of godliness but prove false to its power."-2 Timothy 3:5.

The world of is full of religious hypocrites. That doesn't change who God is.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If you mean that religious people are doing a lot of the destruction. I agree with you. That doesn't mean God doesn't exist. That just means they exercise their freewill to do what is evil.

God's word even foretells of people that would have "an appearance of godliness but prove false to its power."-2 Timothy 3:5.

It does to me. You're not qualified to tell me I'm wrong. You're just another dude on the internet.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Why did god create evil? Free will could exist without it involving the concept or possibility of heinous acts. He created all the necessary elements required for rape and genocide. Free will is a terrible excuse for a god who either doesn't care about his subjects, or is incompetent.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
When someone mentions that evolution has evidence to prove it, I have to intercede.

You're the one who brought it up here.

Nobody had said anything about it until you did.

And I don't believe for a second...

You are free to believe that, but it doesn't mean you are right.

What was that you said about being "objective enough"?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It does to me. You're not qualified to tell me I'm wrong. You're just another dude on the internet.

It does to you. That is in your mind. The same mind that has the ability to contemplate the reality of God which animals don't possess. You are making a conscience choice to do that.

Paul when speaking to the religious-minded Greeks who were very superstitious and loved to gather and speak about religious things told them at the Areopagus: "The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all people life and breath and all things. And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell, so that they would seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. For by him we have life and move and exist, even as some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his children.’"-Acts 17:24-28.

So really God is not far off from each one of us. If you are not searching for him, you are not doing what you should be doing.

Jesus said:

"“Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; 8 for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened."-Matthew 7:7-8.

I did seek, I did knock, I did ask. And I received. So I am qualified to teach you about these things.

"For faith is not a possession of all people."-2 Thessalonians 3:2.

Faith is a gift from God ("Each one as God has given to him a measure of faith."-Romans 12:3).

And it can only be acquired of him who Created us.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You can make the perfect machine but if someone uses it wrong its not the maker of the machine's fault.

Yes, it is if the designer created it with flaws. Your god is either all knowing and all powerful, or he's flawed.

An unnatural society yields unnatural side effects to our bodies.

Another nothing answer which fails to address the issue - got it.

How do you suppose you could create a perfect world while still allowing free will? You can't force everyone to be good.

By not even creating the concept of heinous evil acts in the first place. Rape did not need to even be conceived of by the human mind, but your god designed us with that capability. What a horrible, vengeful god.

Ahh yes... because I believe in God I must be relying on others to think for me. Classic atheist bigotry.

I have come to where I am at now through the unbiased pursuit of knowledge. The atheist perspective doesn't make sense in light of the meticulous physical laws that persist all matter. It is by its own definition logical and not random.

The atheist perspective makes more sense than relying on the testimony of one single book from a small sliver of the full timescale of human existence, during which countless other gods have been worshipped. All I know is, I don't worship someone who blames the pain of childbirth on a single woman from the beginning of time, who made a decision based on possibilities created by that same god for some unknown reason. You really think it's fair that women should be punished for eternity because of the actions of Eve? Why did your god even create the snake, or the apple?

The whole thing is absolutely beyond imagination and it simply beggars belief for me that grown adults with access to books and education think atheists are the illogical ones.

And you still haven't addressed multiple sclerosis. Or bone cancer in children.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Why did god create evil? Free will could exist without it involving the concept or possibility of heinous acts. He created all the necessary elements required for rape and genocide. Free will is a terrible excuse for a god who either doesn't care about his subjects, or is incompetent.

God did not create evil. He created other beings like him with the ability to reason and think and love. Both spirit and physical, us humans, and the angels. Our freewill is so we can show love especially to God. Otherwise we would just be like the animals acting on instinct, or robots programmed to do a certain task. Creatures God created as free moral agents chose to abuse of their freewill and do what is evil. But that is not because of God. The defect came from their own wicked hearts.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

God gave us free will, the left elevates themselves above God and demands your free will be given to them. If not, they explode in anger and treachery. Satan incarnate.

Remember when they said that gay marriage wasn't the slippery slope and we were just bigots for saying so? Look at where we are now.. The kindergarten tranny & the Minor Attracted People. The new battle front for the LGBTQ is to pervert what it is to be human and what it is to be moral. When God created man, he loved what he created. The left try to pervert what man is. It makes perfect sense. They work for the other team.

They are the Vaccine Junkies that demanded everyone be like them and if you disagree, you must be destroyed or be put in a camp or refused services or whatever. These same people want total control over your children at the point of a gun through the DOJ.

Their freedom is defined by how much of your freedom you are willing to cede to them. God gave you free will. You are free to cede it to evil if you wish.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As I read this thread, I didn't get any hateful vibes from the atheist but those filled with spiritual arrogance give out a definite attitude disdainful, even anger of anyone not adhering to Biblical scripture.

What a great way to Witness for the Lord...with contemptuous scorn.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

God did not create evil. He created other beings like him with the ability to reason and think and love. Both spirit and physical, us humans, and the angels. Our freewill is so we can show love especially to God. Otherwise we would just be like the animals acting on instinct, or robots programmed to do a certain task. Creatures God created as free moral agents chose to abuse of their freewill and do what is evil. But that is not because of God. The defect came from their own wicked hearts.

You don't know what God did or didn't do, you're not the author of the bible nor an official spokesperson selected to represent his agency. You're just another person on the internet.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As I read this thread, I didn't get any hateful vibes from the atheist but those filled with spiritual arrogance give out a definite attitude disdainful, even anger of anyone not adhering to Biblical scripture.

Where?

originally posted by: daskakik

You're the one who brought it up here.

K? I said when someone claims evolution has evidence I have to intercede. Someone claimed evolution was science, so I brought up how there's no empirical example of a population of organisms evolving into something distinctly new. It was relevant to the discussion because it was making the point that people hate God partially because it defies their mutant ape theory.

You are free to believe that, but it doesn't mean you are right.

Well you're still here, and are throughout these forums, arguing against something you don't think exists. So it is very apparent God lives in your head rent-free.
edit on 2-3-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes, it is if the designer created it with flaws. Your god is either all knowing and all powerful, or he's flawed.

If i drive my car drunk and crash it, it's not the car manufacturer's fault. We have free will, we have to accept that responsibility.

"How do you suppose you could create a perfect world while still allowing free will? You can't force everyone to be good. "

By not even creating the concept of heinous evil acts in the first place.

So you want to eliminate free will? Humans can choose good or evil. There are plenty of automatons without choice who perpetuate like gears in a machine, but that is not us.

The atheist perspective makes more sense than relying on the testimony of one single book from a small sliver of the full timescale of human existence, during which countless other gods have been worshipped.

Hyperbolic strawman. I have corroborated my ideology across multiple platforms of study. I can speak what I believe through the lens of science, theology, philosophy, and so on.

You really think it's fair that women should be punished for eternity because of the actions of Eve? Why did your god even create the snake, or the apple?

I have my conjecture on these matters. Do you care to hear or are you just trying to prove an idea wrong at all costs? I am asking sincerely.

The whole thing is absolutely beyond imagination and it simply beggars belief for me that grown adults with access to books and education think atheists are the illogical ones.

Theists suppose the world came to be from an Intelligent source.. Atheists suppose the world came to be from an unintelligent source (random chance).

And you still haven't addressed multiple sclerosis. Or bone cancer in children.

We are living in arguably the most polluted earth in all of history. Humanity lives unnaturally and our biology suffers for it. I hate to see suffering and it upsets me but humankind has strayed so far from the natural order which is why I think disease emerges.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
And they mentioned it after you brought it into a thread that has nothing to do with that topic.

Well you're still here, and are throughout these forums, arguing against something you don't think exists. So it is very apparent God lives in your head rent-free.

Still doesn't make them real so I can't be mad at them.

edit on 2-3-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You don't know what God did or didn't do, you're not the author of the bible nor an official spokesperson selected to represent his agency. You're just another person on the internet.

You know how this Being, which you don't think exists, disseminates his Spirit to the various believers?

You're a perpetual paradox mr. king of separation

originally posted by: daskakik
Still doesn't make them real so I can't be mad at them.

You're still here debating about what you think is a make-believe topic?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You're still here debating about what you think is a make-believe topic?

The topic, atheists are angry with god (here's my opinion why), isn't make-believe.

Neither is the fact that you deflected by bringing creation into it.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok. I know I said I understood but I have a lingering question for concerning the Atheistic worldview.

Are You also Adiestic, because Ive never heard of that. In academia theology is a worldview that focuses on the Abrahamic God.At least that's what I thought. But fundamentally according to the first definition that pops up, an Atheist is against the idea of a god or ANY gods.

A Deist believes in a supreme being that runs the universe and doesn't intervene. An Atheist would have to be A-diest also. If not, Why?

Theism is about a God that intervenes.
Deism is one that doesn't.

Why is Atheism not concerned with Diests?

Because the Atheist acknowledges the POSSIBILITY of a creator with human qualities...

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned
The way I see it, atheism means no god, intervening or not.

I guess the reason there doesn't seem to be much beef between atheists and deists is that the deists, like the agnostics, don't have much to push onto others. They don't have a book or stories they are trying to convince others to accept as true.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: saadad

Once again, for those who have not been paying attention or who cannot wrap their heads around the concept: atheists don't care about something that does not exist.

Sure they do. All atheist do is talk about God who they claim doesn't exist. If you asked 100 people on the street, what's an atheist, God will be mentioned in some way 99% of the time.

You can't be an atheist if God doesn't exist.

Like I said, this is why atheist are so angry at God. Have you ever watched a Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens debate? They talk about God. They're angry.

The Bible tells us why:

Romans 1:20 “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

Atheist know God exists. They clearly understand this and the knowledge of God is in their conscious. Atheists are angry because they hate the fact that they can't remove the truth of God's existence from their conscious.

Maybe it's time for some atheists to start accepting the truth of God and the Grace given through Christ and stop resisting what their conscious knows to be true.

I think maybe the anger comes from condemnation......and that is a heavy feeling to process because it is so subtle.....

And they think that feeling is God angry at them, and it's frustrating to feel judged all the time when you didn't even ask to be born......

If that was the truth I would feel the same way......

People need the true Gospel in it's simplist form with no religion attached to it.

We are Gods creation......He is a Holy perfect just God.......sin entered our world due to wicked forces and poisoned the human blood........God must punish sin because he is just.....blood sacrifice is required........

Knowing that by our tarnished nature we humans cannot live perfect and not sin.....

God designed a system where he would come to earth as a man in the flesh and fulfill that law living a perfect life without sin.....

He then sacrificed his self on account of all who would believe on His name.......

He paid the price for all of your sins past presant and future.......

Because God is a just and Holy God, he will not punish the same crime twice.......

So the perfect work of Jesus covers the believer who wears sins like crimson, and they are white as snow and blameless before the Lord......

We are the righteousness of God in Christ.....

He is our attorney and advocate and representative in courts of God.....

Simply being willing to believe with faith and confess Jesus with your mouth and mean it in your heart......

That's all it takes , then the Holy Spirit takes care of the rest....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join