It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sit Back Down If You Want Jobs Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
They were sitting working when a huge explosion rocked the other tower. Everyone leapt to their feet. The boss immediately screamed "SIT BACK DOWN IF YOU WANT JOBS TOMORROW!" They all sat down except for three. Two of those survived. Everyone else in that office died because they obeyed.

The two men and a woman got into an elevator and started down. An explosion rocked their tower and the elevator stopped. They forced the doors open and found themselves between floors with a small gap above them. One man climbed out, he died. The other man waited for the woman to climb out first. She was restricted by her pencil skirt and couldn't manage to get out. There was a jolt and the elevator restarted.

They escaped the building.

I expect she wouldn't want to be identified so I won't give any more details.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
watch this
life is what you make of it
me, like to pay for what i buy.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Source on this fabricated story? Or is this supposed to teach a lesson? That most of us on ats already know? Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GroidNificent

Source is her family.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

The two men and a woman got into an elevator and started down. An explosion rocked their tower and the elevator stopped. They forced the doors open and found themselves between floors with a small gap above them. One man climbed out, he died. The other man waited for the woman to climb out first. She was restricted by her pencil skirt and couldn't manage to get out. There was a jolt and the elevator restarted.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "restricted by her pencil skirt". What I was picturing while reading that was her being halfway out of a small gap at the top, and then the elevator suddenly began going down again. That can't be right though, because she would have at least been crushed (probably ripped in half).

I guess maybe she just gave up and climbed back down before the elevator started up again?

There were a lot of people in the 2nd Tower that wanted to leave but were told to stay where they were, and that they were perfectly safe and had nothing to worry about. Not only were they told that by personnel who worked at/for the Tower, but also by 911 operators. I'm sure that hasn't been easy to live with.
edit on 2/27/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Try climbing with your knees loosely strapped together- imagine not being able to lift your right foot up to the height of your left knee.
Dumb clothing makes dumb problems, and not knowing she was in a life or death situation she probably wasn't about to strip.

as for OP,
I was too young back then to appreciate what its like to spend ten years in a soul sucking cube farm knowing full well if I lost my job today I wouldn't eat tomorrow. I'd wager that many of those people knew they probably should leave, but weighed the short term potential danger with the long term pains and stayed. A lost job for many isn't just a few days hungry, it could mean losing your home (and therefore all of the meager possessions you've accumulated) and winding up on the street. Or it could mean your children go hungry- or wind up in CPS hell.

Hard decision to make when you don't have all the information.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I didn't know it was simply a type/style of skirt. I can't recall ever hearing that term before. I was picturing her being halfway out, but then her pencils got caught and she couldn't keep going. (I wasn't sure why she had pencils, or where she had them at, or how they caused her to get stuck)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Since it seems that skirt saved her life, I wonder if she still has it.

Maybe it should be in the 9/11 memorial museum. I think they probably have a section about survivor's stories.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Was this from Fakebook or Goggle ?

top topics

join