It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dreaded thought Ukraine - Russia - US - China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Something seems off in the fighting.
If you look at sheer numbers, and war machines Russia dominates Ukraine.

I'll give Ukraine home ground advantage...but something is still off.

What if the strategy is to go in weak, allow Ukraine to appear to hold off invasion and then
they send in the real stuff........😯

That would dissapate a lot of the momentum. Let's face it, the world is watching.

Back to that weak part. From some video account some Russians said they didn't know they were going in to kill people.
When I think of Russia and China the thing that comes to mind is the long game, the long strategy..

Best case scenario, Russian people really don't want this but Putin does and it's not working so well.
edit on 26-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is 'long game' stuff.

Russia is likely meeting strong and, perhaps, unanticipated heavy resistance, fortified with top shelf weapons like Javelins and AWAC intelligence from the West...but, make no mistake, Russia will eventually win this and install their puppet.

Remember...the propaganda level from ALL sides of this is cranked up to the max.
What we are being told and shown now is extremely unreliable.

edit on 26-2-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Russia says this is to liberate the Ukrainian people. Destroying cities and killing civilians kind of destroys their argument. Russian people are already against this war as it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Russia says this is to liberate the Ukrainian people. Destroying cities and killing civilians kind of destroys their argument. Russian people are already against this war as it is.

They want to liberate people who do not need it or want it. A lot of civilians are fighting, so makes me wonder if Putin thought the mood of the population was much different.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No he thought the mood of HIS people would be different I think.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

There could be something to this speculation. US/NATO intel says that only about 1/3 of the Russian forces assembled on the border have actually been sent into Ukraine, so far. Also, those who have been sent in seem to be "green" draftees, for the most part. I was reading the other day where one of these draftees was communicating with his mother about how he got to Ukraine. Apparently, he (like many others) had signed a contract that called for him to go to a training exercise on the Ukraine border. Once they got there, they were all presented with contracts that called for them to go into Ukraine on combat duty and forced to sign. The officers confiscated all their cellphones and sent them across the line. Apparently one whole platoon of about 80 such soldiers promptly laid down their arms and surrendered to the first Ukrainian soldiers they encountered, without firing a shot. They said they had no idea why they were in Ukraine and didn't sign up to kill Ukrainians.

It looks like Russia decided to send in the expendable troops first as cannon fodder to soften up the Ukranians, while holding the good troops in reserve. It's an old strategy.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Which is one of the many reasons people in Russia hate this war. They are forcing the young men to join the military with no choice and sending them to die.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Deja vu !
Maybe Putin is doing everything he can to mitigate civilian casualties, like the US does every time we invade a country to 'save' the citizens from their government.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
l the a reply to: IAMTAT

Spot on and Russia is going at it like the Brits did in Afganistan all hearts and minds PC in their offensive to please the MSM worldwide showing their lighter side.

Option 2 is to go at it Grozny style and level Ukraine to a pile of rubble

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

He has some serious problems at home already regarding this war. Basically every soldier sent into Ukraine so far has been illegally forced into the military and then sent in to die. That's going to look great for him.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No he thought the mood of HIS people would be different I think.

Seems he has miscalculated both sides. I wonder when NATO will step in as this looks bad on all ends for Putin.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Seems he has miscalculated both sides. I wonder when NATO will step in as this looks bad on all ends for Putin.

A lot of this reminds me of N & S Korea.
They are the same people, even if they live different, and have different leaders, they are of the same blood.
It is hard to kill your own family.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

A lot of this reminds me of N & S Korea.
They are the same people, even if they live different, and have different leaders, they are of the same blood.
It is hard to kill your own family.

I think the world was standing by to see if it would be a cakewalk for Putin with the locals cheering him on, or if it went as it seems to be going with rather heavy fighting by the population there.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They won't step in, they are far too weak.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They won't step in, they are far too weak.

At some point Putin will rightly claim NATO interference. Providing advanced weaponry for the Ukrainian’s to fight on our behalf. I can see deeper trouble ahead.

Putin, though, read it all wrong. His own people do not want this war. The Ukrainians are not rolling over. He may well have to use his better equipment and troops. Even then he will get bogged down in a war of attrition.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Interference? Ukraine asked for the weapons, it's not interference to legally sell them equipment or give them financial aid. So yes, we ARE interfering with his invasion against the people of Ukraine, so what?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Interference? Ukraine asked for the weapons, it's not interference to legally sell them equipment or give them financial aid. So yes, we ARE interfering with his invasion against the people of Ukraine, so what?

No I know that. I’m talking Putin’s perspective. The guy will find any excuse and any provocation. Personally think we should call his bluff, roll in and kick his Arsenal back to the border. As it stands the whole world, bar Putin, see Ukraine as a sovereign nation.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The guy will find any excuse and any provocation

Russia said its reasons.

see Ukraine as a sovereign nation.

Ukraine becoming a NATO member loses its sovereignty as a sovereign nation. If Ukraine joins either the EU/NATO than they became part of a geo political sphere.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You apologising for Putin or excusing him? Even China are playing miffed. Your mongrel midget hero has burned himself AND Russia.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
I don't know and I think nobody does. So, just my opinion.

First: You cannot trust the media. But we already knew that.
I think the Russians misjudged this after all.
The people of Ukraine are against them. Not a warm welcome. On the contrary.
The propaganda -modern social media- machine that urges people to fight can have a huge impact. If you have the mentality of the people against you, you cannot win a war.
I also think that the Russians might be shocked by the amount of modern weapons of war that Ukraine has. The West has seen this war coming for 10 years now. No doubt about that. And the best way to prepare Ukraine for this is to supply the most modern weapons.
Further: The war becomes a street fight for Kiev. the worst case scenario for Russia.
A Russian puppet as leader of Ukraine. I do not think so.
Russia miscalculated.
All they can do is destroy as many military targets as possible and leave Ukraine. Of course they will say that was their only goal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join