It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

joining the bad guys, addendum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
After following some threads and making my own on freemasonry and even considering joining them, some further thoughts emerged.

First I was intimidated by the many negative voices, then I noticed a pattern.

Most negative voices came from staunch believers. Why that is escapes my understanding.

What troubled me was the line of argument.
Sometimes it sounds like being a freemason makes you guilty of any wrongdoings any mason could have ever done.

I think it is a valid point, as you actively put your energy into a structure that houses being that do horrible things.

Unfortunately this argument is slightly hypocritical coming from people that associate themselves with major religion.

I have come across the saying "the ones that scream the loudest" and find it very telling.

All in all, I can't afford a membership at my local lodge. Maybe another time in life...

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

My mothers two brothers are Freemasons. I grew up not surrounded by but had involvement with Freemasons through relationship and work. I was given a quiet word on a couple of occasions and I must say over the course of my life Freemasons have always helped me. I didn't join though. I looked at all the Masons I knew and thought do I want to join a club that those guys are in? It was a no brainer...never in a million years.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I tried to find the truth here, and found much of what you did. Non members had all the answers, members only said you have to join to find the truth. I did join, and I did find the truth.

It's a great organization that you have to participate in, to get anything out of. There may be a bad mason, but masonry isn't bad. It's structure is based on Biblical allegories. It doesn't replace religion, it can only add to one's knowledge.

But it shouldn't cost a lot, in my area, it's $150 to get started and about $120 a year for dues. I have heard of some areas having large costs, but most in the US are like mine AFAIK.

My only regret is not joining earlier.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

My uncle was a freemason or mason, I never asked and not felt like I know enough to spot the differences. But he made no secret in family where he goes "the lodge" and my impression of it all is, besides the mysticism, it's a men's club with likeminded people. Often very high in influence or positions but also a lot into charity and helping others, not only financial but also mental growth.

I thought about joining a freemason lodge myself, just to experience what it was that he identified so much with. There are female lodges but not very close to me. The mindset behind it is what makes it attractive to me, not because any ranks or secrets or connections.

Add: Best to describe it, the freemasons/masons that showed up at his funeral were all well mannered and radiated something I can not quiet grab. Without being pushy or overtaking, they brought some order into the crowd, managing room in the shadows for the older ladies and people and children without much attention. I was busy receiving personal condolences but it did not escape my attention they took the situation into their hands for the better. I did not mind. Like a gentle hand without much fuss, kind of. IDK how to define it else but I'd say gentlemen of the old class? Radiating power but not in abuse. When the head of them, sorry I don't know the terms, approached me in representation of them, I thanked him and he knew what it was a bout and just nodded gently and smiled and said a cryptic thing like "God's in everything and everyone, we just need to listen but also act."

I was very happy about this kind move because I was already taking personal condolences for over an hour and people kind of began to melt in their black clothes in the sun waiting. A few days later we got a visit from the lodge head bringing a box, his daughter had no interest so I keep it now in honor. Did not open it as it is sealed with a string and wax, he did not say I should open it or not and it feels not appropriate. A cryptic bunch, my experiences are they are friendly and well mannered, but also not a lot of young people.

If there is any mason or freemason here that can tell me what this box is about, is it intended to be sealed forever? I should have asked but I felt at the moment I got it it's very important moment for the man and so instead of asking this, I asked if it's for him, he nodded, just said I will keep it in honor.

edit on 22.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

edit on 22.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The fact that it is a “secret society” secrets kept from the ranks, from the public, no open books
Apart from that, it probably has good qualities and knowing people, people in charge of others just like a church, pretty corrupt up at the top
At the bottom, just tools to be used

And the fact it’s based on the bible, that’s a bit disingenuous

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I joined 8 years ago. As Network pointed out, you get out what you give. I can bbq 200 chickens like there is no tomorrow for our fundraisers. I can help put together meals at the shelter, and I can listen to a man who's back is up against the wall.

The thing I get the most out of it though, is becoming a better man in my life. I have brothers who have more life experience than me. I have found that the more I give to my community, the more I enjoy life.

I am proud to be a Freemason. I have gone past Blue Lodge into York Rite, and will soon petition the Scottish Rite.

For any who have real curiosity, read The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P Hall. It was written before he joined the Fellowship.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I don't know about the box. I'd suggest calling the lodge and try to find the man who gave it to you, and ask. If you like, PM me, and I can do some digging. I'd be interested to hear the particulars of this.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's the obvious approach but still me trying to safe face. "Hey three years ago you gave me something in a moment of closeness and sorrow and I thought I understood but now I am not so sure."

It's basically respect that keeps me from inquiring. I am sure what's inside is none of my business, is where I am coming from.

So there is no tradition like this overall known? Sorry also not fishing for info about mason's internal ongoings, just trying to sail this boat.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Can you post a picture or two? It might help make sense of what this is.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
It's stored away but next time I am in the storage I will try to think of it and make a photo (but cover the seal for his privacy).

It's like a cigar box in size but made from a wood that looks like it is from the root section of the tree. The lid is framed by wings and there is an hour glass depicted on the top. I understand the symbols I think and also why it's made out of root wood (tiny eyes?) but not why give it to us.

He can not take it with him and so it's I think a symbol of honoring one of their own that "spread the wings" because the "hourglass ran out of sand". I kept back with the details to not spoil any responses.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The hourglass is a Third Degree symbol covered in the Master Mason lecture and is, as you implied, about our mortal lives and the 'sands of time'. The other symbols I'd have to see but it would not surprise me that we may not recognize all of them since this came from a European lodge and not everything is the same as US/UGLE lodges.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I now found out the number and will just call tomorrow, swallow my pride and hope to get some info.

And I read up on the meaning, not sure if the page I am currently is "valid" but it says that the hour glass represents the flowing of sand / time and that no matter rich or poor, we will have to face this last motion of sand corn we can not influence.

A bit astonished and I am now not sure if it's synchronity or me just bringing up the box because I wrote about butterfly wings before, or both. But it kind of shows that masonry is not about money or why else would they integrate such a wise thought into their symbols? Power is the same, can't take it with you.

Thanks for your feedback AM.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Will just do that tomorrow, I will report back on it, and if just to say "private matter".

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Funny, out of respect I would think it important to ask.
Just my opinion

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
And I read up on the meaning, not sure if the page I am currently is "valid" but it says that the hour glass represents the flowing of sand / time and that no matter rich or poor, we will have to face this last motion of sand corn we can not influence.

This is the wording from the Master Mason Lecture:

The Hourglass is an emblem of human life.

Behold how swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close! We cannot, without astonishment, behold the little particles contained with this glass, as almost imperceptibly they pass away, and yet, to our surprise, in a short space of an hour are all exhausted. Thus wastes man. The tender hopes of youth, the blushing honors of manhood soon vanish, and are succeeded by the withering frosts of age; and the sands of life, whether slowly or rapidly, will surely ebb away.

edit on 22-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I had lots in my family, none were bad people. Mostly it was for business connections and tradition because their father/uncles/granddads were masons.

From what I understood it was a hierarchy designed to help people develop their psyche and connection to creation, besides the service element. That can be taken either way, good or evil, depending on the personality. Not really bad except it works as a great networking tool for those who are doing wrongs as well.

If your heart says it's for you then it's worth pursuing.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
You don't understand but I don't blame you, since you don't know the circumstances

We got that box at a time shortly after the funeral and the family was breaking apart. I opened the door, recognized the man as someone from his lodge because of his scarf. He spoke his condolences, handed me the box and nodded to me. I nodded back, more than a thank you (the respect part) than like "I get it". Noticed that it has to be something of importance as I saw the seal. Then he left as quick as he came after saying farewell and I had no time for further questions or thoughts. He was one of many unannounced visitors these days telling us condolences.

Back then a short time after the notary opened his last will and read it to us, the box became topic because I insisted on making a decision to open it or not but only with her. He was clear that he wished for us to stick together. But his in flesh daughter refused to come to a decision with me. And so it stayed like this.

Add: And now the topic surfaced because Masonry is the topic and two Masons are here so best time to retouch and ask.

edit on 22.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Like most secret societies-people go into it for many reasons. Most join the Masons for mostly mundane reasons (dad was in it, networking, charity work, friends do it, friendship/“fraternity”) and a lot are as spiritual as a house cat is.

But there are definitely occult elements and power in the lodge and some join for that reason too.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This is a very beautiful wording. Carpe secundum!

It can have many meanings but in this case it's a saying I overtook and it means "seize every second". Or simply, make the best out of every moment. I think it fits perfectly and I wear it under my name for a week now.

In a way it mirrors the Maiden, Mother and Crone, sure you read or heard of it. While the hourglass has three sections, the future on top, the now in the middle at the neck and the past in the bottom, the Maiden Mother and Crone represent these three principles. Even more so, the Mother, as a symbol, is always closer to the now than the Maiden and the Crone. Because like the bottle neck in the hour glass representing the now, the mother is in the middle of the two.

I am glad I asked.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
In a way it mirrors the Maiden, Mother and Crone, sure you read or heard of it.

I have.

The Master Mason lecture is my favorite to give in person since it's very dramatic and really touches on mortality, admonishing us to enjoy life as it is far too short.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join