It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Zelensky letting in foreign journalists to the Donbas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why isn't Zelensky letting in foreign journalists to the Donbas...makes no sense? Are they hiding something? Do they suspect a spy among the journalists?

The only way Ukraine gets enough support is by letting journalists see and report the damage

prm.ua...

edit on 20-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Because the media will just lie . Doesnt matter what they see or hear they will print lies that support the agenda

I would not let them in either

They are the enemy of a free world

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

Because the media will just lie . Doesnt matter what they see or hear they will print lies that support the agenda

What "free world"? I heard the term growing up, but only rarely these days. The formerly "free" world is no longer free, IMHO. Ukraine is just like any other country in the "free" world: lies, lies and more lies.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Perhaps but he isn't going to get mass public support by showing so little destruction, hell so far we had worse in the riots. Biden isn't gonna be able to pull this off by himself, though he is trying.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Perhaps they don't want a repeat of what has happened to Stanislav Aseyev .

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Perhaps they don't want a repeat of what has happened to Stanislav Aseyev .

Perhaps, but wouldn't journalists getting kidnapped by the Russian separatists promote Zelensky's assertions?

My point is while Biden and friends seem eager to help, the public isn't buying what Biden is selling.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You have to remember what the media said about him during the whole phone call fiasco.

He was a racist white supremacist Trump supporter.

This is all to cover for Biden and the dems for their Ukraine crimes.

And who covers for biden and the deep state ? The Media

How can letting the MSM in possibly be a good thing for him?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Possible real concern: he fears journalists could spin, or get killed worsening the tension. He has seemed to be downplaying the severity in contrast to western media.

Devils advocate against his position: he's hiding something or trying to control the narrative.

Pure speculation on my part looking at surface.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You have to remember what the media said about him during the whole phone call fiasco.

He was a racist white supremacist Trump supporter.

This is all to cover for Biden and the dems for their Ukraine crimes.

And who covers for biden and the deep state ? The Media

How can letting the MSM in possibly be a good thing for him?

FWIW the article is from Ukrainian TV in Kyiv...

prm.ua...

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Possible real concern: he fears journalists could spin, or get killed worsening the tension. He has seemed to be downplaying the severity in contrast to western media.

Devils advocate against his position: he's hiding something or trying to control the narrative.

Pure speculation on my part looking at surface.

It's definitely why I am asking, I don't know myself either. Like Ive seen mentioned elsewhere 25 media persons are enough to fit into a bus and move about to locations you want to control access to. Not to mention didn't the US use such tactics with journalists in Afghanistan and Iraq? those were definitely done for their safety as much as anything, with the side benefit of controlling the access and the narrative somewhat.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I could have sworn I saw Fox news reporting from the Donbas region yesterday. There was artillery fire going on about 10-15km away and the clown reporter was running as if they were being shelled. Meanwhile the camera man was just casually walking. The reporter was clearly trying to embellish the situation.

edit on -06:002022Sun, 20 Feb 2022 11:10:45 -060028America/Chicago000000Sun, 20 Feb 2022 11:10:45 -0600SunAmerica/ChicagoFeb by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You’re LITERALLY disseminating Kremlin propaganda my guy

OSCE international monitors have been there for 7 years, they were recently permitted by Russian backed separatists from entering DNR & LNR held regions, there are now over 2,000 violations by Russia. Backed separatists in the past 24h alone

Hundreds on journalists there currently giving daily updates also

Honestly… it’s like it was designed to target people with the IQ of a potato to consume

edit on 20-2-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Anddddddddddddddd victim No1 step right up and grab your prize

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

What "free world"? I heard the term growing up, but only rarely these days. The formerly "free" world is no longer free, IMHO. Ukraine is just like any other country in the "free" world: lies, lies and more lies.

justrfun did not say "the free world." The exact phrase was "a free world."

There's a big difference and grammar matters.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

An RFE/RL camera crew caught the moment a dozen mortar shells fell within a few hundred meters of Ukraine's Interior Minister Denys Monastyrskiy on Saturday as he met journalists on a tour of the frontline of the nearly eight-year separatist conflict in eastern Ukraine with Russian-backed rebels.

Don't think the situation needs any embellishment.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
I could have sworn I saw Fox news reporting from the Donbas region yesterday. There was artillery fire going on about 10-15km away and the clown reporter was running as if they were being shelled. Meanwhile the camera man was just casually walking. The reporter was clearly trying to embellish the situation.

well this should make us all feel better

twitter.com...

Jack Detsch
@JackDetsch
White House official: “The President had a family-related issue that was going to take him to Wilmington, DE tonight but he will no longer be going and will remain in Washington, DC tonight.”
Quote Tweet
Jack Detsch
@JackDetsch
· 2h
Terse statement out of four-hour NSC meeting on Ukraine. Biden off to Delaware for the holiday weekend. twitter.com/LMartinezABC/s…

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Looks like there are bots on YT on there with just like the Syrian Conflict.

"We stand with the Syrian Rebels!,down with Chemical Assad!"

"We stand with Ukraine!"
"Stay strong Ukraine"

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

All im am saying is if they don't let in journalists it will be difficult to garner mass public support for Ukraine. Its one of the reasons I included the article, most times in situations such as these, the oppressed want to show off how oppressed the oppressors are.

Do you want to send NATO troops into Ukraine to fight Russia? do you think it will make the situation better or worse?

Im just looking for a quick non-military solution, pure theater or not, they are a boatload of back and forth going on, I can't remember all this kind of activity during other conflicts or maybe just the news wasn't everywhere as it is now.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thank god the potato in chief will be in Washington. The world might crumble if he went to his beach home. End sarcasm. In all seriousness, does anybody actually believe that he is calling the shots? My money is on Obama calling the shots, just like he said he wanted to do. Either way, they're both trash.

edit on -06:002022Sun, 20 Feb 2022 18:54:15 -060028America/Chicago000000Sun, 20 Feb 2022 18:54:15 -0600SunAmerica/ChicagoFeb by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join