It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Sort Continues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

America is growing more geographically polarized — red ZIP codes are getting redder and blue ZIP codes are becoming bluer. People appear to be sorting."We felt very out of place and very uncomfortable at times," says Tiffany Wooten, a 43-year-old stay-at-home mom whose family recently relocated from conservative Indiana to liberal Austin. "We were looking at blue cities because we wanted to be with our own people."

In the modern era, Texas has fashioned itself into a sort-of breakaway red-meat republic — banning books and restricting abortion, blocking mask mandates, and building its own border fence. It retains this national image in spite of the fact that its five largest counties went for President Biden.But more and more Trump followers are flocking to red Texas in search of the promised land.The national real estate brokerage, Redfin, predicted that in 2022, "people will vote with their feet, moving to places that align with their politics."

It's actually been happening for some time.

Residents have been fleeing states like California with high taxes, expensive real estate and school mask mandates and heading to conservative strongholds like Idaho, Tennessee and Texas.

"They are still sorting themselves in ways that end up that places are increasingly Republican or increasingly Democratic," he says. "Then you can see that playing out in Congress. There are fewer people in the middle. And so politics becomes less about solving our problems anymore. It's about cheering for our side. And so we're stuck."

Yet while social scientists and journalists may fret over this political segregation, for the people changing ZIP codes to be with their own tribe, it's a kind of deliverance.

It's not exactly "news"; I would guess most of us knew this was going on, but it appears that COVID has greatly accelerated the change and increased it's magnitude as well.

If I see a problem with this it is that the US is sorting into two super majority Party zones. Basically you're getting two polar opposite One Party States, or, One Party States with the other One Party in charge of the Cities. Thus, the comment in the article that there's little room for compromise, there's no "middle" left in Politics.

One problem this trend exacerbates is that in One Party Jurisdictions, corruption greatly increases and so does nepotism while at the same time, voter turnout plummets. In One Party Zones, like New York City or Los Angeles, the only competitive race is the Party Primary elections and that assumes two candidates from the same party decide to run for a particular political office.

Another problem with this is that it seriously undermines a sense of Nationhood or Nationality, (which plays directly into the hands of the Globalist Elites who seek to replace the Nation State with One World Government). So for example, by way of anecdotal evidence, my friends don't identify as "Americans" (citizens of the US) but rather, as Texans. And this Great Sort exacerbates this problem (if it is a problem) when taken in conjuction with the US abandonment of Soveriegnty along the Southern Border with Mexico.

I also have to wonder the extent to which this will begin to negatively affect the cities. COVID saw tens of thousands flee NYC, apparently never to return with the acceleration of the Work-From-Home trend. And as wretchedly managed Democrat Cities have experienced huge increases in crime and homelessness, I would expect that tourism from other States will lessen significantly.

What next? I don't really know. I am keeping an eye out for the beginning of a "tax revolt" in the Red Zone States, which I refer to as the "Free States of America", as residents of FSA begin to chafe at paying taxes to maintain the US cities which, are otherwise unsustainable without huge infusions of cash from the US Government.

Thoughts? Observations? Is the area you living in seeing a large influx of like minded people from the US? Or vica versa?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
What next? I don't really know. I am keeping an eye out for the beginning of a "tax revolt" in the Red Zone States, which I refer to as the "Free States of America", as residents of FSA begin to chafe at paying taxes to maintain the US cities which, are otherwise unsustainable without huge infusions of cash from the US Government.

It's a bit of the other way around, states like New York, California and Massachusetts pay more in taxes than they receive.

This breakdown shows who pays and who's a mooch.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yet another method of divide and conquer. Unfortunately the people in this country are for the most part blind to who the actual enemy is. Keep the people in their own little party camps and against each other rather than against the massive overreach of the federal government, regardless of who is in power.

Edit: Also AM, the Rockefeller Institute? Not saying the data is wrong, just jeez, talk about enemy of the people territory.
edit on 2/19/22 by Hypntick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Edit: Also AM, the Rockefeller Institute? Not saying the data is wrong, just jeez, talk about enemy of the people territory.

When the Rainbow Farting Unicorn University publishes a study let me know, then we can compare that to this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Doesn't surprise me Virginia is a mooch. Two things in that state I hate. Politicians and my ex-wife.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It's 100% due to sweetheart deals from all the politicians living outside of DC, Maryland also gets some of the same treatment.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Divide and Conquer, keep them divided and keep them from realizing what you are really up too.

Like many nations the US currently need's, it is essential in fact, to find a leader whom spans the political divide and brings people together.

War has been used for this in the past but stopped being a fix when Vietnam backfired though since the 90's several more attempt's were made to once again use war as a means to unite, all failed.

You can't fix a nations problems any longer by distracting the public they are too great and the divide that has been fostered by internal and external enemy's is now too great.

These enemy's are actually international corporate and the real NWO GREAT WORK Scum that have moved in there hidden secret brotherhood to take over the world, to break the will of the so called PROFANE (Those not indoctrinated into there vile devil worshipping religion and blasphemy's) and make no mistake that is what this really boils down to.

We will trust God whom know and will see there black cloud of evil (Obfuscation, elite occultism, social engineering and control of the the population culminating in a final stroke to break the old order and democratic systems in order to usher in there tyrannical rule) eventually wiped from the face of the earth.

In the words of the Virgin Mary Queen Mother of Heaven (Gebirah) My heart shall prevail.

But it is going to get a lot worse before that.

Do NOT be fooled by there cult.

edit on 19-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

One thing to remember is that those blue cities that have high poverty and homeless oh and violence do pay more into the gubment then they take...well most do.
So when red areas remove themselves from blue, all those food stamps and housing payments that low income families receive will end.
Unless the rich person a mile down the road wants to help. And we all know that most wouldn't.
Just something to keep in mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Torch people vs pitchfork people!

*Benny Hill theme 8ntensifies*

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Tiffany Wooten, a 43-year-old stay-at-home mom whose family recently relocated from conservative Indiana to liberal Austin. "We were looking at blue cities because we wanted to be with our own people."

If she really wanted to be with her own, why didn’t she move to Chicago?

Actions speak, when you embrace an ideology while fleeing the local utopia.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

Tiffany Wooten, a 43-year-old stay-at-home mom whose family recently relocated from conservative Indiana to liberal Austin. "We were looking at blue cities because we wanted to be with our own people."

If she really wanted to be with her own, why didn’t she move to Chicago?

Actions speak, when you embrace an ideology while fleeing the local utopia.

What she really wants and won't say is that they are wanting a liberal microcosm in a red macrocosm. They want to live with people who think, act and believe the way they do, but they don't want to live with so many that they actually have to abide by those beliefs in a meaningful way. If they did, they would do as you say and move to Chicago, New York, or any of the West Coast cities.

The problem is that she's just not that aware of why they're only going so far as Austin. She'd tell you it was because the cost of living without connecting cost of living to living the outcome of one's own liberal beliefs.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Interesting link. Yea, I have heard that for years. Looking at that map makes me think that they pay in more than they recieve because their residents are paid far higher salaries to offset the cost of living in those states, thus they pay more in Federal taxes to the Federal Government?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Another problem with this is that it seriously undermines a sense of Nationhood or Nationality, (which plays directly into the hands of the Globalist Elites who seek to replace the Nation State with One World Government). So for example, by way of anecdotal evidence, my friends don't identify as "Americans" (citizens of the US) but rather, as Texans. And this Great Sort exacerbates this problem (if it is a problem) when taken in conjuction with the US abandonment of Soveriegnty along the Southern Border with Mexico.

When do we start calling it the "dichromatic tribes of America"?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Spot on correct!

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Another thing pointed out too is that in some of those states labeled takers, they have large military installations that are where the bulk of that federal money goes, not to average citizens taking handouts ala welfare.

Kansas has both Ft. Riley and McConnel Air Force Base along with a bombing range among others. They won't be moving Ft. Riley anytime soon because of the wide range of terrains for tank training.
edit on 19-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's a bit of the other way around, states like New York, California and Massachusetts pay more in taxes than they receive.

California being something of an outlier, the numbers actually breakdown very closely to federally "owned" land in each state. NY, MA, NJ, MN, and CT are at the bottom of the list for federal land "ownership" The states like AK, AZ, ID, OR, and WY that are near the bottom on your list all have massive swaths of their state locked up in federal control. That's absolutely lost revenue and lost opportunity for those states, thus the feds pay for their trespasses or run the risk of the states they are squatting in showing them the door (or at least being extremely rude "hosts" like the Bundy's in Utah where BLM was concerned.)

Further, you're relying a bit on smoke an mirrors. While New York residents can be considered to be "independent" from the federal government's teats, that's only because they have the state government as a middle man, providing those teats filled with federal milk to their residents at the state level, That leads to New York residents being 46th on the list of ranked recipients of federal money while New York's government is 14th on the list of state government dependency on federal spending. At the end of the day, New York still takes more than they send to DC.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You beat me to it. At the end of the op I was like wait ? What? isn't it the other way around.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is a per capita report, as in how much each recipient (person or business) takes in and how much each person or business gets back from the Federal Government otherwise Nevada, which is almost all Federal, would be at the bottom and they aren't, they're close to break even. Additionally, Idaho, Oregon and Wyoming are in the middle tranche, not 'at the bottom'.

State monies are not in this report as those are all contained within each state and not sent to neighbors so if New York, in your example, can pay its own bills with its own money that's an even bigger plus and less of a mooch-drain like the broke ass states sucking on the profitable state's teats.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Looking at that map makes me think that they pay in more than they recieve because their residents are paid far higher salaries to offset the cost of living in those states, thus they pay more in Federal taxes to the Federal Government?

That's part of it but the report also includes taxation on businesses which, if you look at the states listed, have some of the world's largest corporations in them and also are some of the most populated which will lead to more small businesses as well.

edit on 19-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well ... it used to before their governors shut everything down for COVID and let people loot at will.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join