It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Biden says he is 100 Percent Certain Vladimir Putin Has Decided to Invade Ukraine.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: carewemust

Biden is playing the "we know what you're doing" game , nobody can be 100% certain but the likelihood is that as there seems to be no solution acceptable to Russia in sight Putin will have to make a move , you can't march your troops up a hill and just leave 100,000 of them sat there in Winter.

For me the simple resolution to this would be for Ukraine to become a neutral country , not in NATO but protected by NATO should an attack on them be made , I understand the desire for NATO membership is in Ukraine's Constitution following an amendment in 2019 but sometimes we can't always get what we want, Ukraine should understand that membership is not a viable solution for them.

NATO is afraid of Ukraine giving Russia that extra little advantage on top of their already intimidating resources, and Ukraine wants the benefits of NATO membership to pave their road to true independence. Russia just wants to stop playing games with import/export access and to stop being bullied (it's passive aggressive but no less annoying) by the trade members who can't muster the courage to play nice. So NATO needs to back off, Ukraine needs to elect brand new leadership with equal measures of testicular fortitude and philanthropic values, and meet with Putin to discuss terms. The alternative is another decade of political tensions, buying favors from diplomatic allies and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

edit on 19-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Technically, the last time Congress passed a declaration of war was WWII. That hasn't stopped plenty of US troops being deployed for combat in the intervening years.

This much is true. The commander-in-chief, the President of the US, can authorize military action without a formal declaration of war.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

Technically, the last time Congress passed a declaration of war was WWII. That hasn't stopped plenty of US troops being deployed for combat in the intervening years.

This much is true. The commander-in-chief, the President of the US, can authorize military action without a formal declaration of war.

Members of Congress and the news media got really upset when President Trump bombed terrorists in Syria.
edit on 2/19/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

True, but congress can file an injunction (or the house equivalent of such motion) to terminate any war efforts the president is presently attempting.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

President Biden says he will NOT order U.S. Troops to go there and fight against Russia.

So what is the purpose of sending thousands of US troops to surrounding countries? One would assume it's meant as intimidation, yet he has promises to do nothing if Russia invades. How scary is that?!

Talk about mixed messages! Maybe it will be Kamal or congress ordering US troops to fight?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sharing the information also called being transparent keeps russia from effectively pushing any lies.

It's actually a great strategy. And I'm really liking it. Biden is slowly earning my vote in 2024. He doesn't have it yet but if he keeps on this path he will.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So Russia isn't going to invade. Biden is never right on foreign policy.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

The admin is not ignoring it. Where have you been? They are doing what they can, and remember there isn't much the united states government can do about inflation.

quick few seconds of searching got me this.

One way the Fed plans to cool the economy is “tapering” — gradually decreasing the $120 billion it spends per month on government-backed bonds, which has injected money into the financial markets during the pandemic. In November, Fed Chair Jerome Powell announced the central bank would reduce that amount by $15 billion each month. The purchasing program is supposed to end halfway through 2022

Along with that could also come interest rate hikes, although the Fed has not announced specific plans to do so. Interest rate increases are a powerful tool in the Fed’s arsenal to slow down consumer spending, and thus inflation

Like I said the admin doesn't have a lot of tools here and most of the fixes will have to be done by the federal reserve.

Beyond monetary policy, though, the other massive piece of the puzzle is the supply chain — and that’s something politicians and policymakers have much less control over. Biden has attempted to ease supply chain woes by running the Port of Los Angeles 24 hours a day, clearing the docks so goods don’t wait for days on cargo ships stranded in the water. And the release of 50 million barrels of oil from the US Strategic Petroleum Reserve last month was geared toward reducing gas prices, which have already begun to fall.

edit on 19-2-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I thought maybe Biden was pointing fingers everywhere else to avoid voters thinking about the hundreds of thousands of people who already illegally invaded the US and are still invading the US.
Now I think maybe the military industrial complex in the west is pushing for a new war to get extra funding. Russia may play straight into their hands.

I’d rather the US and Russia be friends and allies rather than us versus them.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I can't believe this BS, and I can't believe that useful idiots believed CNN that Trump was the main threat to international diplomacy and Biden would return us back to peaceful coexistence.

How effing stupid and ignorant did people have to be? Biden never saw a war he didn't like going back decades.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

How can a country even consider going to war, when it is in the middle of a vaccine-induced die-off? The economy what is s left of it must be running on BS money by now. The Army and Navy must have morale which has to be the lowest in US history, with the same growing illness rate as the general civilian population. There must be internal struggles inside the halls of government which has destabilized it to a great extent. The big money must be getting really pissed by now, as they actually need an economy to stay solvent. I noticed Evergrande in China, has changed the rules that allow them to access investor deposits, I would watch out for the same happening here, freezing bank accounts of protesters as domestic terrorists is a great camouflage to hide problems. We might have to watch what we say soon.

Don't some historians and economists state that war sometimes boosts flaccid economies? And some suspect, they've been used in the past to revive economies.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Sharing the information also called being transparent keeps russia from effectively pushing any lies.

It's actually a great strategy. And I'm really liking it. Biden is slowly earning my vote in 2024. He doesn't have it yet but if he keeps on this path he will.

FoxNews is now questioning that "transparency" for being perhaps too transparent. They have been parroting every warning of invasion and war out of the Biden Administration since mid-January. Now FoxNews is having some regrets because they're getting a little more egg on their face with each passing day of no invasion/war.

This morning, the military "experts" on Fox News: "Perhaps its not such a good idea for the Biden Administration to share everything, every time a new intel report arrives."

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madviking

I can't believe this BS, and I can't believe that useful idiots believed CNN that Trump was the main threat to international diplomacy and Biden would return us back to peaceful coexistence.

How effing stupid and ignorant did people have to be? Biden never saw a war he didn't like going back decades.

I'm wondering how this Russia-Ukraine "thing" can end, with Joe Biden looking worse than before he started sounding the alarm bells.

He's calling it a crisis, even though Russia and Ukraine are not. What outcome would make Biden look like a war mongering fool? Drive his approval below the current 36% level.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whoa...

I thought this might be RUSSIA-fabricated Anti-USA propaganda: twitter.com...

But it's frickin real!: www.mystateline.com...tishist-for-nuclear-waste-post/

Please God....have mercy on America, while we work like crazy to get Satan's minions removed from controlling our great nation.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Joe didn't operate the docks 24x7, they are STILL operating the same hours.

Are you unaware, or intentionally lying?

Democrats don't have a lot of 'tools' because DEMOCRATS intentionally caused this problem in the first place, for 100% political reasons. And are STILL upset that Republicans prevented them printing trillions more.

Democrats did NOT 'release' oil, they sold it to ccp at 25% of market rate at the time.

This obviously had zero effect on oil prices, and was never intended to, this was a clever way of paying off his ccp puppet masters for something.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Madviking

It appears from some reports that Ukraine is shelling the Russian-controlled areas, to provoke Russia into doing something. Then when they do they will be blamed for the invasion. Putin has never taken the bait before so it is doubtful he will now.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Madviking

It appears from some reports that Ukraine is shelling the Russian-controlled areas, to provoke Russia into doing something. Then when they do they will be blamed for the invasion. Putin has never taken the bait before so it is doubtful he will now.

Funny, US monitoring gear is not detecting ANY airborne projectiles in the area.

Perhaps PUTIN is destroying certain things with demolition charges prior to the 1 million+ Russian evacuation as several other 'reports' indicate, with the intent to blame Ukrainians?

The game was over the minute Ukraine received it's first Javelin.

Putin only has around 80 tanks that would even have a chance (a small one at that) at surviving an enemy force with Javelins.

Everything since then has been the joe show, trying to wag Ukraine into an improvement in his 30% approval polling.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The President of Ukraine hit "The West" pretty hard yesterday for being short-sighted in its eagerness to hit Russia with "crippling" sanctions. He said Russia can choke off parts of Europe's commerce and trigger global price increases, if Putin chose to retaliate.

Does Russia really have that much power over the global, or the European economy?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   

"It's Russias fault" which will be handy when shortages start to get worse.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The eu, is (PRETTY) dependent on them for there energy, I have briefly glanced at some of the consumer data, somewhere or another. Between Russia, and China I would reckon, they could do some economical damage. Actually the last thing I noticed, I don’t think Germany, is in agreement with sanctions. Things out East are starting to look chaotic. Multiple Videos, of Russian arms (T-80’s BMPS ETC. RACING DOWN HIGHWAYS).

Massive war propaganda being produced on both sides of the ideology etc.

Getting foggy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join