It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st ever, U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas to Europe Exceeded Russia’s Pipeline deliveries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For the record I hold 7200 shares of Marathon Oil [MRO]. I acquired them in March 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Based on a one year chart the 50 and 200 day moving average along with a 16 day Hull Moving average, the Dow 30 is headed towards a downward crossover [AKA] Correction possibly within this or the next month. That being said I am looking at buying Frontline [FRO] today as USA oil, natural, and bulk oil carriers should remain strong as per the analysts.

This is interesting as it also relates to the on-going's in Ukraine as if anything breaks out all pipelines into Europe will be shut down by Russia. So in fact they will shoot themselves in the foot and based on this article they already have. I will assume that if they invade, acquire or overthrown present day Ukraine that Europe will buy made in USA oil and national gas moving forward to further put the screws to Russia. Russia has vast reserves.

I made the assumption as I read Seeking Alpha, Fidelity, Zack's, Standard & Poor's and Investors Business Daily. I don't touch The Motley Fool. Oh, so take a look where I got this from. Hellenic Shipping News. I has heavy into Dry Bulk Shipping back in 2006.

Here we go:

IHS Markit : America Takes Pole Position in Oil and Gas

While the Ukraine crisis was raising anxiety about Europe’s dependence on Russian natural gas, something remarkable happened. Last month, for the first time ever, U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas to Europe exceeded Russia’s pipeline deliveries. Russian exports, which normally account for about 30% of Europe’s gas use, dropped substantially because of Russian pricing. And with European gas prices about four times as high as normal, U.S. exports surged to fill the gap. The extraordinary growth in U.S. oil and gas production is a geopolitical and economic asset for the U.S. that contributes to global energy security. As the domestic oil-and-gas industry continues to rebound from the spring 2020 price collapse caused by the onset of Covid, the U.S. is again the world’s top oil producer-almost 20% above the other two largest producers, Saudi Arabia and Russia-and the world’s top natural-gas produc

edit on 18-2-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I was wondering why the price of NG just had a 90% increase.

Nice little nest egg there- 160 grand.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The US is seeing soaring prices at the pumps as we export our oil. Makes sense....

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This explains the future increase in Natural gas prices people in this country are going to have to pay, increases in the thirty some percent range. Thanks Biden for screwing us so that people in Europe can benefit, the ones that will benefit will be the big businesses, not the people there.
edit on 18-2-2022 by rickymouse because: put Obama's name in there instead of Biden, what the hell was I thinking.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Thanks covers my $25,000 loss back in 2014 as I hedged that Natural Gas was going up. I was in an ETF and I got creamed overnight on their reverse splits

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The push for electric-only vehicles continues. With nice built-in control mechanisms.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The US is seeing soaring prices at the pumps as we export our oil. Makes sense....

We've been exporting certain types of oil and importing others for some time now due to one reason, the inability to process them. We don't have enough of the correct type of capacity. Even if we didn't export a drop of oil we still don't extract enough to supply our own needs.

Also, this thread is about gas, not oil.

edit on 18-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

...Europe will buy made in USA oil and national gas...

I have a question: how cheap is US gas (I mean the gas that is actually brought from the US, and not the one that the US buys from Russia and then sells to the Europeans)?

Will European products made on American gas be competitive?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Being a turtle you need to get up off yer turtle butt and look it up. Anyway I did that for you along with a chart. I hope you can decipher the chart.

Henry Hub Natural Gas Spot Price

Oh and as far as USA buying Natural Gas from Russia. You must be hanging out with the Front Porch Logic Crowd. So put your beans on the table.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Ah....I see; so sorry. Feel free to ignore my intrusion on your thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It's not my thread, it's Waterglass'.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Does it not make Putin nervous? They have invested so much into a pipeline only to be obsolete.
He cant weaponize it as much, can he?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This link doesn't tell me anything.

After all, I wanted to know the comparative price of Russian and American gas.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Sorry pal its above your pay grade

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Being a turtle you need to get up off yer turtle butt and look it up. Anyway I did that for you along with a chart. I hope you can decipher the chart.

Oh and as far as USA buying Natural Gas from Russia. You must be hanging out with the Front Porch Logic Crowd. So put your beans on the table.

$5/MM BTU is a price that will have capped wells start to produce again but not so much as to drop the price very far. Big money is in Utica shale and the wet spot near the PA-Ohio border that produces ethane and liquids.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Agree

top topics

join