It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spiritual mind vs the carnal mind

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A promise isn't a vow, that is correct because it is simply a jealous word, similar to calling a rabbit a varmen while mistakes have nothing to do with either of the sort as they are broken or stable either which way one chooses to look at it.
a reply to: Crowfoot

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hook, line and sinker, no that's not carnal, that's a dirty mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A few words come to mind.
Exactly.
See?
Gothca.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
On the other hand when i finish painting for the day and return to my homestead to rest and recuperate in whichever way i choose before going to bed i must always keep in mind that yes i shall return to progress in finishing the job i set out to do and fail to confuse whoever the hell it is might be reading this and have them think i fell into a hole or something, God forbid i got overpaid with his wife and house car and kids.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They have a question.
Mine is do you believe that stuff

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good night God bless and thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
Ever ask the question why any meaningful thread is bombarded by nonsense seekers, seeking to destroy any manner of meaningful communication

Who owns ATS? This site is a honey trap for all, aiming to put them all in their designated boxes, I will never be put in one of their boxes, no masks, no boxes, that's why I refuse to label anything that happens to me, there is one that is most high, everything else is under me

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ONIONBAGMENACE

Thanks for using my post to get in your required amount to post your own thread?

Cool you're keeping within the rules of ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There isn't anything wrong with an agenda until you are wrong, whilst then it is in plain sight and for all to see, you are no longer the enemy.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ONIONBAGMENACE
That's interesting, also if you offer someone a thing which is black or a thing which is white and they choose one there is no karmic backlash for the giver, even if the receiver believes that black is white
It's all a fKing game

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GUGLiL
a reply to: Deetermined
I don't know what christ means

The title of Jesus, from the Greek word Khri·stosʹ, which is equivalent to the Hebrew word translated “Messiah,” or “Anointed One.”​—Mt 1:16; Joh 1:41.

In those days greasing the head with oil was a sign of favor. (Ps 23:5) When a person was anointed with oil, the oil was put on his head and allowed to run down on his beard and onto the collar of his garments. (Ps 133:2) During the times of Biblical history, both the Hebrews and some of the non-Hebrews ceremonially anointed rulers. This constituted the confirmation of their official appointment to office. (Jg 9:8, 15; 1Sa 9:16; 2Sa 19:10) Samuel anointed Saul as king after God had designated Saul as his choice. (1Sa 10:1) David was anointed as king on three different occasions: once by Samuel, later by the men of Judah, and finally by all the tribes. (1Sa 16:13; 2Sa 2:4; 5:3) In similar fashion, Jesus Christ has been anointed by his God as king of God's kingdom.

The coming of the Christ, the one whom Jehovah God would anoint with his spirit to be the Messianic King, had been foretold centuries before Jesus’ birth. (Da 9:25, 26) However, at his birth, Jesus was not yet the Anointed One or Christ. In foretelling his birth, the angel instructed Joseph: “You must call his name Jesus.” (Mt 1:21) But when the shepherds near Bethlehem were given the angelic announcement, in anticipation of Jesus’ future role they were told: “There was born to you today a Savior, who is Christ the Lord,” that is, “who is to be Christ the Lord.”​—Lu 2:11, ftn.

The personal name of Jesus followed by the title Christ may call attention to the person himself and that he is the one who became the Anointed One of Jehovah. This occurred when he reached about 30 years of age, was baptized in water, and was anointed with Jehovah’s spirit visibly observed in the form of a dove descending upon him. (Mt 3:13-17) This is the point Peter made at Pentecost: “God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus,” evidently recalling the expression he had heard from the lips of Jesus, who first used the term “Jesus Christ.” (Ac 2:36-38; Joh 17:3)

Hebrews 1:8, 9

8 But about the Son, he says: “God is your throne forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.* [Or “justice.”] 9 You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.”

So...

What Is the Kingdom of God?

The Bible’s answer

God’s Kingdom is a real government established by Jehovah God. “The kingdom of God” is also called “the kingdom of heaven” in the Bible, since it rules from heaven. (Mark 1:14, 15; Matthew 4:17, King James Version) It shares many attributes of human governments, yet it is superior to them in every way.

Is the Kingdom of God in Your Heart?

The Bible’s answer

No, God’s Kingdom is not merely a condition in the hearts of Christians. * The Bible identifies its true location by calling it “the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 4:​17, King James Version) Consider how the Bible shows it to be a real government that is ruling from heaven.

- God’s Kingdom has rulers, subjects, laws, and a mandate to establish the will of God in heaven and on the earth.​—Matthew 6:​10; Revelation 5:​10.

- God’s government, or Kingdom, will rule over all “the peoples, nations, and language groups” of the earth. (Daniel 7:​13, 14) The authority for its rulership comes, not from its subjects, but directly from God.​—Psalm 2:​4-6; Isaiah 9:7.

- Jesus told his faithful apostles that they would join him in the Kingdom of heaven to “sit on thrones.”​—Luke 22:28, 30.

- The Kingdom has enemies, which it will destroy.​—Psalm 2:​1, 2, 8, 9; 110:​1, 2; 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26.

The Bible does not teach that the Kingdom of heaven is in your heart in the sense that it rules through a person’s heart. However, it does show that the “word of the Kingdom” or the “good news of the Kingdom” can and should affect our hearts.​—Matthew 13:19; 24:14.

[*: Many Christian denominations teach that the Kingdom of God is within a person, or in someone’s heart. For example, in the United States, the Southern Baptist Convention declared that the Kingdom of God is in part “the reign of God in the heart and life of the individual.” Similarly, in his book Jesus of Nazareth, Pope Benedict XVI stated that “the Kingdom of God comes by way of a listening heart.”]

What does “the kingdom of God is within you” mean?

Some people have become confused about the location of the Kingdom by the rendering of Luke 17:21 in some Bible translations. For example, the King James Version says that “the kingdom of God is within you.” To understand this verse correctly, we must consider the context.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, a group of religious leaders who opposed him and shared in arranging for his execution. (Matthew 12:14; Luke 17:20) Does it make sense to think that the Kingdom was a condition in their obstinate hearts? Jesus told them: “Inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”​—Matthew 23:27, 28.

Other translations accurately clarify Jesus’ statement at Luke 17:21: “God’s kingdom is here with you.” (Italics ours; Contemporary English Version) “The Kingdom of God is among you.” (New World Translation, footnote) The Kingdom of heaven was “with” or “among” the Pharisees, in that Jesus, the one designated by God to rule as King, was standing before them.​—Luke 1:​32, 33.

In what way was God’s Kingdom ‘in the midst’ of those to whom Jesus preached?

John told the people that ‘the kingdom of the heavens had drawn near.’—Mt 3:1, 2. Trusting in Jehovah’s power to protect him and grant him success, Jesus entered his public ministry, announcing to Jehovah’s covenant people that “the appointed time has been fulfilled,” resulting in the approach of the Kingdom of God. (Mr 1:14, 15) In determining in what sense the Kingdom was “near,” his words to certain Pharisees may be noted, namely, that “the kingdom of God is in your midst.” (Lu 17:21) Commenting on this text, The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible observes: “Although frequently cited as an example of Jesus’ ‘mysticism’ or ‘inwardness,’ this interpretation rests chiefly upon the old translation, ‘within you,’ [KJ, Dy] understood in the unfortunate modern sense of ‘you’ as singular; the ‘you’ ([hy·monʹ]) is plural (Jesus is addressing the Pharisees​—vs. 20) . . . The theory that the kingdom of God is an inner state of mind, or of personal salvation, runs counter to the context of this verse, and also to the whole NT presentation of the idea.” (Edited by G. A. Buttrick, 1962, Vol. 2, p. 883) Since “kingdom [ba·si·leiʹa]” can refer to the “royal dignity,” it is evident that Jesus meant that he, God’s royal representative, the one anointed by God for the kingship, was in their midst. Not only was he present in this capacity but he also had authority to perform works manifesting God’s kingly power and to prepare candidates for positions within his coming Kingdom rule. Hence the ‘nearness’ of the Kingdom; it was a time of tremendous opportunity.
edit on 23-2-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GUGLiL

Tying it back into the topic of this thread... (i.e. continuing from my previous comment where I was out of space)

Jesus said to his disciples:

“To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, but to those people it is not granted. For whoever has, more will be given him and he will be made to abound; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations, because, looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, neither do they get the sense of it; and toward them the prophecy of Isaiah is having fulfillment, which says, ‘By hearing, you will hear but by no means get the sense of it; and, looking, you will look but by no means see. For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response.’” (Matt. 13:11-15) Yet, all around the Jews there was an abundance of evidence that the Messiah had indeed arrived.

Today, the Bible reader is surrounded by events that indicate that the Messianic kingdom is at hand. But to those putting hope in this world it appears that things are going to go on as they are now to time indefinite. The situation when Jesus was on earth was similar, though the end of the Jewish system of things was only a few years away. Jesus said to them:

“When you see a cloud rising in western parts, at once you say, ‘A storm is coming,’ and it turns out so. And when you see that a south wind is blowing, you say, ‘There will be a heat wave,’ and it occurs. Hypocrites, you know how to examine the outward appearance of earth and sky, but how is it you do not know how to examine this particular time?”​—Luke 12:54-56.

Someone may say, Why is it, then, if faith is based on such strong evidence, that other people cannot see things the way the Christian does? The apostle Paul explains this: “Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. . . . But a physical [carnal-minded] man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually.”​—1 Cor. 2:12-14.

For instance, it is a common religious belief that when someone dies, particularly if it is a baby, ‘God took him.’ We hear the complaint, ‘Why did God have to take away my baby (or, my husband)?’ On the surface it may seem that, since God is almighty, everything that happens is at his direction. However, these people do not see that it was not God but Adam who brought death into his family when he deliberately rebelled against God and lost life for his offspring. (Rom. 5:12) They fail to see that Satan the Devil then challenged God’s sovereignty, saying that no one would keep integrity to God when under test. (Job 2:4, 5) They do not understand that God has allowed wickedness and sorrow for a limited time because of this issue. They do not know that the dead are resting in the grave, awaiting the resurrection through Jesus Christ​—a merciful provision of God. (John 11:11-14, 24) But, primarily, they do not know the personality of God, that he would never act so cruelly and selfishly as to ‘take’ someone needed away from wife or parents.​—Ex. 34:6, 7.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Then you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here's an example with a question.
Say a dead woman said to you, we don't believe in betting horses, looking at the sidewalk.
Is that wrong, but answer why.
It's not a dog is a reasonable answer.

edit on 9-3-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   
But to add, why does a dog chase after a rabbit or a hare...

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   
And again. In a coursing event race, two greyhounds are released following the release of a live hare to whom the hounds chase after at full break neck speed with almost no consideration for their own safety. Now on closer inspection both of these hounds and both, before, during and after have erupted into a savage and fearsome beast of an animal with eyes almost on fire with a glare whilst teeth and froth of excitement dripping from a house of a piece of work they are and an adorable animal might I add.
Here's the difference.
It is likely the hare gets captured and killed so let's go to post race and what you see now is something different.
One or both hounds are visually different being to some extreme splattered with the blood spilled from the killing and a sight to see i can assure you. So what's the difference?
The fact is there is none but there is blood so it looks different but the knowing eye knows shall I say, if the hare wasn't captured and killed that hound would be exactly the same.
What would a tree say a greyhound might ask.
Whose greedy a tree might ask.
What would a hare say?
Care to disagree stating there is a difference, the hound asks, what are you looking at.
The only response deserving is why. Because there are homeless people living on the side of the streets. Is that right I ask you.

edit on 9-3-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: edited to add

edit on 9-3-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: and again

edit on 9-3-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: wasn't me

edit on 9-3-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: comma

edit on 9-3-2022 by ONIONBAGMENACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This is JC Tefft, who wrote a book called 'The Christ is Not a Person', speaking about the manifestations of mind.... and how thought obscures the truth of what you are.
edit on 12-3-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: Itisnowagain

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

The flesh of life is ever present.....here now eternally.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Christ is used as translation of the hebrew word "mashiyach" here. Which means ‘anointed or consecrated’ person. It does not represent "God" which is why scripture like Mark 10:18 states Jesus as saying “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God". When Jesus was in the carnal mind he spoke of God as being a seperate distinct God. When Jesus was in state of union with God (I AM) he spoke of the Father and Son as being one. In a heightened state of being there is no seperation between God and ones self. There is only the total unity within the vine that is rooted in God. That is why the OT warns not to call any form, God. Because any form that is united with God. Does no longer exist as a seperate self identity to God.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join