It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spiritual mind vs the carnal mind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I didn't pray to christ or jehovah or any other god. Might of been a good time for a deity to earn a lifetime subscriber but it didn't happen.

Whenever people have OBEs, I'm always curious as to the surrounding circumstances that led to them. Do they happen out of the blue? Were you practicing something? Was there something traumatic going on in your life at the time? I believe the surrounding circumstances determines who or what might show up.

In my own personal experiences, the more I pray and the more I do that is pleasing to God, the more he shows up to answer those prayers. Praying to God while living my life any way I wanted didn't work so much unless I was in danger.

edit on 19-2-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
The Bible tells us there are other spiritual entities out there and Satan is one of them. There's even a battle of powers between God and whatever "god" the Pharaoh was worshiping in the book of Exodus when Moses went to lead his people out of captivity in Egypt. Both God and Satan have angels or demons that do their bidding for them.

What exactly do you think is "out there" that wasn't told in the Bible or any other religious texts?

It isn't like you described above.

According to the story told by monroe in his books, he was an alien on a cruise that included earth, which is where a certain type of energy called lush is cultivated. He signed a contract had "the veil" placed and dove in and became so addicted to the experience that he kept incarnating.

Now, I'm not saying any of that is true, just that it is devoid of a god that lays down rules, judges and needs sacrifices and wants to be worshiped.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
I've been able to do it a few times on purpose, all the others have happened out of the blue.

There is nothing particular about the circumstances, that I have noticed.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

For the times that you had an OBE on purpose, what kind of ritual did you go through to make it happen?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just lay down relax, silence your inner dialogue and feel your body going to sleep. If you are able to keep your mind awake there is a point where you start feeling waves of energy that create a buzz. You then float up, sit up, slide horizontally or even roll out, but I have experienced that rolling makes me feel like I am falling and I am pulled back in.

The first time I did it, it came with a confirmation, at least for me.

I was in my early teens. I went through the motions when I suddenly heard my mother calling me as I floated in the middle of my bedroom. I hear her say something else and I moved to the corner opposite the doorway. My little sister, who was about 4 at the time, comes walking towards the doorway, stepped into the room, looked towards the bed and bolted out of there calling for my mom.

I panicked and dove back into my body and sat up. A moment later my mom comes in and asks me what had happened. I say nothing. She says she sent my little sister to tell me she needed me to go to the store and that she ran back saying I was dying because she saw my spirit floating outside my body. I told her I was fine and asked her what she needed from the store.

The odd thing is that the place where I was watching her from was the diagonally opposite corner of the room from where my bed was. It was a small room but still my POV was probably 8 or 9 feet from where it would have been had I been floating above my body.
edit on 19-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Wow! I can honestly say that I've never heard of an instance where someone else was in the room and saw what was happening. Did these OBEs ever extend past the room your physical body was in?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sure, I would float through a wall or the ceiling and try to visit people but I soon realized that I could never really get to them so I stopped trying that and would normally just fly around the night sky, since most of them happened while sleeping and I would suddenly find myself staring down at my body.

I would say all, except for 3, have been here on earth. There is one experience that I had over and over when I was even younger but I can't really say if they were OBEs. I would be falling asleep and suddenly surrounded by darkness. I would spot something that looked like a grey tictac. I would "blink" and I would be right beside this huge ship. I would then zoom in and out to different distances until I suddenly felt a shove and I would wake up.

The first of the other 3 was floating up until I was before the being that seemed to have white warm energy flowing from it.

The second was a visit to heaven. Monroe describes it in one of his books as a place of pure peace. You feel as if you are travelling in a cloud while colors wash over you and wonderful music fills the air. He also says it is his home planet and the reason he left was because, despite being wonderful, it was boring, I'm paraphrasing of course.

The third was the second part of the gooey face hugger experience. After it left I floated up and put my hand through the concrete ceiling and grabbed the rebar and started pulling myself up. As soon as my shoulders cleared the concrete I shot out of there like a bat out of hell. It was so fast that I felt myself disintegrating until there was nothing left. Next thing I knew I was coming back together again, in total darkness. It felt awesome, I'd say it also felt like pure peace. Then someone, it could have been just my thoughts, said "you know you have to go back and finish it". I honestly didn't want to but I knew I had to. I scanned the darkness until I locked on to something that I couldn't even see but I knew what it was.

In an instant I sat up in bed, drenched in sweat. I got up grabbed two towels, one to lay down on the bed and the other to dry off and changed into a fresh pair of boxers and a t-shirt. I crawled back into bed and was out before my head even touched the pillow.

That is it, I read people's stories about the astral plane and so many different places and, despite all the times I've found myself looking down at my body, I've never been to any of them.

Also, I have never seen a silver cord connecting me to my body.

edit on 19-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I scanned the darkness until I locked on to something that I couldn't even see but I knew what it was.

So, what was it?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So, what was it?

Earth, the place where my body laid waiting for me to return and finish it.

And, before you ask what that "it" is, it is this life.

That is the reason why I will often say that I am here on ATS just wasting time. I became rather blase towards life after that experience.

That was about 7 or 8 years ago and honestly I have not been able to have a solid OBE since then. I found some hemisync files on the net and tried with them probably about 6 months ago. As soon as I started floating upwards I hit something. It looked like a metal lid to a coffin. I couldn't get through it. Guess I have been grounded.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

The spiritual is a non-point to a large portion of society.

Material vs. Spiritual. Or carnal if you want to call it. It comes down to the natural wiring. You can tell a material mind when they are young because they NEVER stop asking questions. They need to know why things work to the enth degree.

Personally, I am unable to consider the spiritual in real life application. And it's not that I don't see it's value for others it just has no value to me.

I can't operate through abstraction.

Explaination:

When the chips are all on the table in the most adverse situations I go within. I can't reach up or out towards something no more than a comforting idea. It provides no release until events play out in a beneficial way. Until then it's strictly taking logical action to bring about the desired goal. Attaining primarily through phenomenal action and not belief in ideas.

Say my life gets destroyed through natural disaster and I am left in ruin. It's a total destitution. Insurance screws me. Everything becomes pragmatism at that moment. Fanciful delusion has to take a back seat to A + B = C. If something has no observable direct effect it is simply an extraneous consideration. No time to look up because I am planning it out within.

And it's nothing against god or divine ideas. I have my own priori arguments for universal genesis, they just have no use in real life. Mulling over vacuum genesis doesn't exactly solve any emergent problems.

For most, even atheists, the spiritual is a psychodrama that lends to more confident and subconsciously smarter decision making. The belief in the spiritual equals better real life result because that little extra bit of motivation translates to swagger.

I bet a Narcissist gets the same boost of confidence looking in a mirror. In this sense even some atheist can use spiritual positive affirmation to lead to better material choices. Even the confidence gained from the statement, "there is no problem I can't handle myself" has potential to be all the spiritual anyone needs.

edit on 19-2-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Smigg

If it wasn't, you'd be backing up your statements, but you aren't.

It defiantly was not an admittance

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

Technically it wasn't, but it was like pleading the "fif".

edit on 20-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Jesus was a man, christ is the light, Jesus Christ is the being created, superman is created by being illuminated by the light, for enabling your body to hold the light, marriage of spiritual and material
Zeus was the father of gods because he cold hold the light, nd the big secret in enabling your body to hold the light?

It's simple and you have all been doing it wrong

Come In!

Do not spill

Be good seamen

... And yes it can be done

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Technically it wasn't, but it was like pleading the "fif".

If there are two people one of them is blind and one of them can see, in darkness they both cannot see, but when light illuminates the darkness only one of them will be able see.
edit on th020844 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

If there are two people in darkness and one of them is blind then both are blind, but when light illuminates the darkness only one of them can see.

You still did not back up your claim so it would seem both are still blind.

Do you have any light to shed on the subject?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

If there are two people in darkness and one of them is blind then both are blind, but when light illuminates the darkness only one of them can see.

You still did not back up your claim so it would seem both are still blind.

Do you have any light to shed on the subject?

How would a blind man see light ? My task would be fruitless.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Even a seeing man wont see what you are saying if you can't show it.

Do you have anything?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Even a seeing man wont see what you are saying if you can't show it.

It's visible to those who can see ?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   

We ain't talking about them.

We are talking about what you can show.

It seems to be nothing.

Why did you even bring it up?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

We ain't talking about them.

We are talking about what you can show.

It seems to be nothing.

Why did you even bring it up?

Who's we ? I'm speaking of those who can see to someone who is blind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join