It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starry, starry night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I rarely post in this forum because as it turns out nothing ever happens to me on the scale of some posters here.

Even my wife had more luck in that department but she isn't one to frequent these corners of the webs and never even talks about her experience unless I bring it up. Usually because I'm envious of the experience she had.

Two nights ago we saw something together.

We were sitting outside having a smoke and a glass of excellent Cardboardeaux.

We look at the stars every night. On this occasion I turned my wifes attention to what looked like a moving star. It has happened before that it turned out to be a plane but due to the distance and initial angle we couldn't see the flashing lights that accompanies the plane. That happens a lot.

We started hearing a planes' engine and I assumed this was one of those occurrences.

I kept watching however and as this object was moving at the speed of a plane that usually cross our path, it slowly started to dim, then nothing. It was gone.

There were no clouds in the sky.

As soon as that thing disappeared the plane making the noise came over our house from behind. We live about 20 mins drive from Cape Town International Airport.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a satellite but the timing of the object going dark coinciding with the plane approaching its flight path at a 90 degree angle sure was weird.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Probably a Sat or Space station , with sunlight reflecting from the object , the reflection change depending on the position of the craft and wich surfaces are turned to the sun.

Some Solar panels can rotate to efficiently absorb sunlight , wich from the ground could look like some one turns on a huge spotlight since the more sunlight it absorbs the more light it will reflect.

Hope this makes sense , i shouldnt post before my second cup of coffee

I never seen anything worthwhile neither , i did once seen a huge yellow light in the sky but in that same second got caught by my mom smoking weed in the garden so never got a good view lol but it was probably a meteor.

edit on 18-2-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just after sunset and just before sunrise is the best time to see satellites.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

That's hilarious

I'm going with satellite as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's hard to say.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Starred for Cardboardeaux.

Orfeo Angelucci was a contactee who reported a number of occasions when airplanes either disappeared or morphed into something else, might be worth a search if interested.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
In the hot tub the other night just after sunset in Southwest Michigan. Saw lots of satellites including a really bright train headed southwest about a minute apart 5 that we could count once it got dark enough. Probably over a dozen satellites total in the hour or so we were in the tub.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So they say

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
A video footage of it would have been good.

new topics

top topics

join