It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invading Ukraine may never have been Putin’s aim the threat alone advance Russia’s goals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: putnam6

"and yes those eastern European states probably have lots more in common with Russia than the rest of old Europe who will look down their noses at them."

Yet Ukraine remains fiercely independent and does not want to be reassimilated back into Mother Russia?

Should we not respect that choice?

I'm definitely anti war.

It would be catastrophic.

But that's Putin's choice.

So tell me what does a NATO victory against Russia look like?

So you are willing to let United Kingdom soldiers fight and die in Ukraine, a Ukraine full of corruption itself and a battalion full of Nazis. Yes I understand the history, they had no choice and their Russian oppressors were just as bad if not worse. But what it did is put some bad actors on the stage there in Ukraine, and they are gaining more and more power.

I'd rather our militaries be fully prepared for a potential China/Taiwan Main Event

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

"So you are willing to let United Kingdom soldiers fight and die in Ukraine"?

No. I never said any such thing. And you know it.

Stop putting ridiculous words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"So you are willing to let United Kingdom soldiers fight and die in Ukraine"?

No. I never said any such thing. And you know it.

Stop putting ridiculous words in my mouth.

So we do agree, my friend we send the French and the Germans and a few Italians...

I say that jokingly of course but is it really far from the truth. It's a Europe problem till it's not, right now it's still a Europe issue

how do you think thats gonna go against 140,000 plays Ruskies?

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's not happening.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Our intelligence is usually right. It was obviously Russia's goal to take Ukraine but they always have a chance to change their mind & pretend like it was their plan all along.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomAntics

Our intelligence is usually right. It was obviously Russia's goal to take Ukraine but they always have a chance to change their mind & pretend like it was their plan all along.

I used to be that way too, weapons of mass destruction, or were you too young for that?

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Just cause we didn't find them, doesnt mean they were never there. Back then chemical weapons were easy to manuever. He was known for 10 years to have & use them. Our intelligence was totally right that they had a greater dispersal weapon for chemical attacks, they just weren't able to fully build & use them. Or are you to old to remember that? lol

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomAntics

Just cause we didn't find them, doesnt mean they were never there. Back then chemical weapons were easy to manuever. He was known for 10 years to have & use them. Our intelligence was totally right that they had a greater dispersal weapon for chemical attacks, they just weren't able to fully build & use them. Or are you to old to remember that? lol

Yea im too old got any sources to back the up?

Because if i remember correctly

2009 Declaration
Iraq became a member state of the Chemical Weapons Convention in 2009, declaring "two bunkers with filled and unfilled chemical weapons munitions, some precursors, as well as five former chemical weapons production facilities" according to OPCW Director General Rogelio Pfirter.[129] No plans were announced at that time for the destruction of the material, although it was noted that the bunkers were damaged in the 2003 war and even inspection of the site must be carefully planned.

The declaration contained no surprises, OPCW spokesman Michael Luhan indicated. The production facilities were "put out of commission" by airstrikes during the 1991 conflict, while United Nations personnel afterward secured the chemical munitions in the bunkers. Luhan stated at the time: "These are legacy weapons, remnants." He declined to discuss how many weapons were stored in the bunkers or what materials they contained. The weapons were not believed to be in a usable state.[129]
The destruction of these remnants was completed in 2018.[13

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Nope. Russia definitely has designs on Ukraine. I heard Putin in a speech promise his audience that he would take back Ukraine and woe betide anyone who gets in his way.

He's ex KGB and wants the old Soviet Union to reform.

Next stop the Baltics.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Nope. Russia definitely has designs on Ukraine. I heard Putin in a speech promise his audience that he would take back Ukraine and woe betide anyone who gets in his way.

Next stop the Baltics.

No way will Vlad go that far. All the other FSU bar Azeribaijan yes, but the Baltics, no way they aren't part of the original Russian zone

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The Baltics were part of the Soviet Union between 1944 and 1991.

It's logical that Putin would want to reoccupy them.

And I wouldn't bet my house (if I had one) that he wouldn't try.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Its well known he used them for 10 years. A dispersal weapon never made the papers but noone dumps that much money & time in something & not succeed unless stopped by an outside force, which we did. Just going off our intelligences track record which is A1, no sources.

Idk why people say our intelligence sucks. Like I am going to believe some computer junkies over real professionals lol

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I am inclined to agree with you.

If western countries continue to select liberal leaders that are clearly intent on weakening their own countries there will definitely be a brain drain.

The way things are going in the West will make Russia and Putin seem like a better option.

We all know Putin has a side to him that you would never want to see but even so the way the West is being ruined makes Russia a much more desirable destination somewhere down the line.

Government living off the fat of the land is detrimental enough under normal circumstances however the intentional breakdown of the West that's happening every day now will cause a massive exodus.

At least Russia is not playing the same how low can you go game with its citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join