It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Withdraws Troops From Ukraine Border After Media Said Invasion Was Imminent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is a really large portion of brainwashed Americans that will continue to believe the lies spewed by our media. For example, the millions who will believe Biden actually scared Russia away from a war with Ukraine. I know that's a lie, most of us here do, but it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure this is going to have the effect Putin thinks it will have. The world media will portray this like Russia tuck tailed and ran. WE know it's a lie, but we don't count in this world anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Ummm...President Putin stated almost a year ago that he was going to push right up to the line...that he was going to play the West...that there was never any intent to invade...

He also stated that his strategy was to do this repeatedly...in all arenas...

People need to pay attention...Russia and President Putin are extremely pissed about NATO expansion eastward in the face of accords stating there would be no further eastward encroachment.

Why the hell the US and Europe are hellbent on making an enemy instead of a friend and possible ally out of Russia is beyond my paygrade...

So expect more scenarios like this to continue going forward...

YouSir
edit on 15-2-2022 by YouSir because: I choose to...

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
All day yesterday here in the UK the MSM were reporting of an imminent invasion by Russia. Russia has pulled back so a false flag event can't be used against them.
edit on th02561111 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What accords were those?

Notions that were discussed that weren't committed to writing as formal treaty documents don't count.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...President Putin stated almost a year ago that he was going to push right up to the line...that he was going to play the West...that there was never any intent to invade...

He also stated that his strategy was to do this repeatedly...in all arenas...

People need to pay attention...Russia and President Putin are extremely pissed about NATO expansion eastward in the face of accords stating there would be no further eastward encroachment.

Why the hell the US and Europe are hellbent on making an enemy instead of a friend and possible ally out of Russia is beyond my paygrade...

So expect more scenarios like this to continue going forward...

YouSir

Because the USSR. That's why.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thank you for the recent history that explains what's happening now and why.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Biden likely really wanted a war of some sort. The current news cycle is not going to hold off the bad news of the DUrham fiasco for much longer.

I have very little hope for justice. But it actually looks like Durham might be a dog with a bone. Our nation needs that. Desperately.

Im ashamed to point out that not only France, but now Canada, is more willing to fight for their freedom than we are. Despite all our chest thumping.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am sure that is exactly what they are going to say , I am also sure that nobody will believe them

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What's that bone supposed to achieve? Without a functional democratic process and reversal of mandate policy, it's a hollow victory.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Listening to Sky news UK.
They are still trying to push "an invasion might not happen now....but it still will in the future."
Cognitive dissonance......
Thoroughly entertaining how Sergey Markov (russian) is making mince meat of the commentator!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I think the west has been hawkish and arrogant about predicting. I can't think of a better example than the US saying it was going to happen on the 16th without offering any supporting evidence.

But we do have to humor it wasn't just for theatrics. I think it's more likely posturing, especially with recent events. But it wasn't just a few thousand troops on the border, and Georgia and Crimea provide some historical data to point to a possibility.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Listening to Sky news UK.
They are still trying to push "an invasion might not happen now....but it still will in the future."
Cognitive dissonance......
Thoroughly entertaining how Sergey Markov (russian) is making mince meat of the commentator!
Rainbows
Jane

Why wouldn't they? It's critical that Europeans are suspicious and hostile of Russian military so they don't question it if weapons are launched.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

What accords were those?

Notions that were discussed that weren't committed to writing as formal treaty documents don't count.

Cheers

Pretty sure Russia was at least using the Minsk Agreements as a basis for Russia's concerns. Here it is below, now who violated what and when maybe at question but I believe it's those in red. On top of again if you look at the history of Russia Gorbachov Glastnost was going to eventually bring Russia into the economic realm of Europe, but instead, there is a NATO wall being erected and while obviously embellished there is indeed some truth to that especially with the European Union

Here is an excellent contemporaneous report on what was then Soviet Foreign policy in the future. We need to remember little things back then for example it was Gorbachov or Yeltsin who could not believe the size and scope of our grocery stores and thought the ones they were shown were fakes.

digitalcommons.lmu.edu...

Minsk Agreement
To ensure an immediate bilateral ceasefire.
To ensure the monitoring and verification of the ceasefire by the OSCE .
Decentralisation of power, including through the adoption of the Ukrainian law "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts".
To ensure the permanent monitoring of the Ukrainian-Russian border and verification by the OSCE with the creation of security zones in the border regions of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
Immediate release of all hostages and illegally detained persons.
A law preventing the prosecution and punishment of people in connection with the events that have taken place in some areas of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts.
To continue the inclusive national dialogue.
To take measures to improve the humanitarian situation in Donbas.
To ensure early local elections in accordance with the Ukrainian law "On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts".
To withdraw illegal armed groups and military equipment as well as fighters and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine.
To adopt a programme of economic recovery and reconstruction for the Donbas region.
To provide personal security for participants in the consultations.
Follow-up memorandum
Wikisource has original text related to this article:
Memorandum on fulfilment of the provisions of the Protocol on the results of consultations of the Trilateral Contact Group
In the two weeks after the Minsk Protocol was signed, there were frequent violations of the ceasefire by both parties to the conflict.[9][10] Talks continued in Minsk, and a follow-up to the Minsk Protocol was agreed to on 19 September 2014. This memorandum clarified the implementation of the Protocol. Amongst some of the peacemaking measures agreed to were:[9][11][12]

To ban flights by combat aircraft over the security zone
To withdraw all foreign mercenaries from the conflict zone
To ban offensive operations
To pull heavy weaponry 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) back on each side of the line of contact, creating a 30-kilometre (19 mi) buffer zone
To task the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine with monitoring implementation of Minsk Protocol

edit on 15-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Quadrivium

The entire 'Russia invading Ukraine' (that both Russia and Ukraine denied happening) was planed to put more of a burden on the US and it's 'allies'.

There's no doubt in my mind that we embellished the "imminence" of invasion... But how do we plan Russia deploying an invading sized force? Sure, it's looking more and more like posturing, but I'm just curious how we plan that.

I think acting like our leaders are omnipotent is generous and a misunderstanding.

More likely that they're incompetent.

Russia has had troops on the Ukraine border for YEARS. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
The Globalist saw another opportunity to spread fear.
See #3 & #7 in the link below.
www.weforum.org...

3. US dominance is over.
We have a handful of global powers. Nation states will have staged a comeback, writes Robert Muggah, Research Director at the Igarapé Institute. Instead of a single force, a handful of countries – the U.S., Russia, China, Germany, India and Japan chief among them – show semi-imperial tendencies. However, at the same time, the role of the state is threatened by trends including the rise of cities and the spread of online identities,
7. The values that built the West will have been tested to breaking point.
We forget the checks and balances that bolster our democracies at our peril, writes Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Fox News is reporting that Ukraine is being hit with massive cyber attacks from russia. The invasion they've been predicting every 6 hours over the past 40 days, may really happen after all.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I don't mean accords related to Ukraine. The comment implied that NATO countries and Russia had accords related to eastward expansion after the Soviet empire in eastern Europe collapsed.

Bottom line is there are no such accords. Verbal assurances were made, but something to recall is what the political environment of the time was ... something that Putin never mentions because it deflates his claims:

Russia and the West finally struck an agreement in September that would allow NATO to station its troops beyond the Iron Curtain. However, the deal only concerned a reunified Germany, with further eastward expansion being inconceivable at the time.

"The Soviet Union still existed and the countries of Eastern Europe were still part of the Soviet structures – like the Warsaw Pact – which was not officially dissolved until July 1991," said Amélie Zima, doctor of political science at the Thucydide Centre (Panthéon-Assas) in Paris. "We cannot speak of betrayal, because a chain of events that would rearrange the security configuration in Europe was about to take place."

Here.

If we on ATS believe in denying ignorance, we should all note carefully that "NATO" never put installations into the territory of the former GDR (East Germany). Thus, that deal was kept. Everything else that happened after the USSR collapsed was in a vastly changed situation.

Cheers

edit on 15-2-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Convenient

Cyberattack hits Ukrainian government sites, major banks

A cyberattack hit the websites of Ukrainian government agencies and major banks Tuesday, Ukrainian authorities said.

The attack, the latest of several hacking operations targeting Ukraine, came after weeks of escalating fears that Russia might invade its neighboring country. Russia sent signals Tuesday that it might be pulling back from the brink of an invasion, but Western powers demanded proof.

At least 10 Ukrainian websites stopped working due to DDOS attacks, including those of the Defense Ministry, Foreign Ministry, Culture Ministry and Ukraine’s two largest state banks..........

Maybe it was Trudeau flexing his Dictator Freezing Banks acoounts powers J/K

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I think the more likely scenario was Ukraine got used as a pawn between Russia and the west.

I don't doubt for a second that the west and specifically the US used the situation as leverage for their agendas... But that doesn't absolve Russia's part. Putin was seeking leverage and knew the posturing would invoke a response.

I think your wording made it seem as if this was all an orchestrated plan by globalists as you put it. But that would imply there was a player who wasn't globalist, presumably Russia... Yet they were playing a game too.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Emperor has no clothes and everyone knows.
Just some people don't want to admit it.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Fox News is reporting that Ukraine is being hit with massive cyber attacks from russia. The invasion they've been predicting every 6 hours over the past 40 days, may really happen after all.

Attempting to create a bank run?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join