It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Withdraws Troops From Ukraine Border After Media Said Invasion Was Imminent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Perhaps Russia is graciously defusing the situation to avoid anyone prematurely engaging because itchy trigger fingers. Smart move.

I don't claim to know anything, but this sure looks like Putin played the rest like a fiddle. He knew what he was doing the entire time.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Its just very ironic that russia is being scolded, regardless of how wack Putin is, for how they place their own troops inside their own borders.

Yet both the US and Nato are free to deploy heavily outside their borders.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Its just very ironic that russia is being scolded, regardless of how wack Putin is, for how they place their own troops inside their own borders.

Russian troops were just in Kazakhstan. They're in Syria. They're in an unrecognized territory called "Transnistria". What is the point here?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Then how will they look if he puts the troops back.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Perhaps it is just Putin moving his chess pieces around, making it look like a withdrawal of sorts.

According to UK sources, the game isn't over yet.

www.theguardian.com...

“We’ve got Russian field hospitals being constructed near the border with Ukraine in Belarus [that] only can be construed as preparation for an invasion,” Johnson said in a clip broadcast at lunchtime."

“You’ve got more [Russian] battalion tactical groups actually been brought closer to the border with Ukraine, according to the intelligence that we’re seeing.”

I read elsewhere Russia has 60% of its ground forces deployed and about 50% of its airforce in the area, too.

The final act has yet to play out.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We (as in us allies) have just gone through a $4 trillion increase in debt due to covid, a 15-20% increase in price inflation, supply chain breakdown, and all the other bad economic stuff that goes with it plus we are in the middle of a pandemic.

We also retreated from Afghanistan in what could be considered a rout. And have been discharging soldiers for failure to vax, and have expanded societal experimentation in the ranks.

And after all of this, Russia sent their military to the border which precipitated a huge expense in money and supplies.

It may be that Putin recognizes that he does not need to fire a single bullet to win this war. All he needs to do is continue driving tanks up and down the border of Ukraine in order to force us to continue to spend resources . . .

until we collapse . . . just as the Soviet Union collapsed 30 years ago.

And if nothing else, it is certain that we cannot fight a two front war which means that Taiwan is free for the taking.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Good points. If I were Putin, I'd have a good time playing "chicken" with squeamish nations, like the USA is right now.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: incoserv

Putin has been "putin" us all on by the looks of things.

It's all about political points, who going to challenge him next time he decides to chuck his toys out the pram?

Because whoever it is, there apt think twice.

It's sheer genius really from a diabolical draconian standpoint.

No the media and Biden have been putin us on

Putin has said from the beginning there will be no invasion

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC all report that Putin caved to Biden's Statesmanship.

Sarcasm off.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Take note of everyone who ran with this story. They're all taking heads for the propaganda machine. Whether it's media news or politicians. Whether it was from the left or from the right.

This was a perfect demonstration that we live in one party two faction system. They use hot button issues to divide the people into separate teams, but they are united in their efforts against our interests.

The sad thing is that Russia is no better. This entire ordeal could have gone either way with either side being the aggressor. Don't forget it may not be the USSR anymore, but it is still run by the Soviets of old.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC all report that Putin caved to Biden's Statesmanship.

Sarcasm off.

Ironically, western media chalking this up as a win for Biden would probably be the most proactive action to date knowing Putin.

Better to just blanket state cooler global heads prevailed.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Best trolling ever. Putin does not troll Biden because Biden trolls himself all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Biden said that the 'invasion' was going to occur tomorrow. He said that our intelligence community provided him with the information.

His administration also said that the Russians were going to stage a false flag to get the invasion started... they already had a 'film in the can' according, again, to our intelligence community.

Now the Russians have pulled their troops back.

This exercise that the Russians just did... was the goal to show that they can fool our intelligence agencies, make Biden look like a weak old fool or what?

Yes. Exactly that. At least, it's what it turned out to be. I still think that it started as the normal annual exercise, then Beijing Joe's handlers took advantage of it to make Joe look stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Day after tomorrow, Putin will call up Beijing and say "Want to see something funny?"

And then he will send some Russian to walk out, start up a tank, roll it forward two car lengths

and then Biden will send another 10 thousand troops.

And they will laugh and laugh

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven
It was not Putin's plan.
It is our very own government's plan and the Globalist controlling it.
The Plandimic was a politicized farce to spend money (yes, people died. I came close myself but....less than 1% mortality).
The 4 trillion was a planed burden on the US economy to cause inflation.
Kicking out troops for not taking the propaganda vax was a plan to get rid of those that think for themselves.
The entire 'Russia invading Ukraine' (that both Russia and Ukraine denied happening) was planed to put more of a burden on the US and it's 'allies'.
AKA:
Tear it down to Build Back Better.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Perhaps Russia is graciously defusing the situation to avoid anyone prematurely engaging because itchy trigger fingers. Smart move.

I don't claim to know anything, but this sure looks like Putin played the rest like a fiddle. He knew what he was doing the entire time.

Never said he didn't. My thoughts were simply that he is dialing back the display of military presence for the sake of diplomacy. But it's not over.

originally posted by: butcherguy
Biden said that the 'invasion' was going to occur tomorrow. He said that our intelligence community provided him with the information.

His administration also said that the Russians were going to stage a false flag to get the invasion started... they already had a 'film in the can' according, again, to our intelligence community.

Now the Russians have pulled their troops back.

This exercise that the Russians just did... was the goal to show that they can fool our intelligence agencies, make Biden look like a weak old fool or what?

No. It's just Putin doing what he typically does. NATO activated the bat signal and America jumped on the opportunity because clout.

edit on 15-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: putnam6

I drive every day. Will gas prices go down now?

Of course not, well maybe marginally then there will be another manufactured crisis. Remember we have Taiwan/China looming. Im just glad there aren't too many American troops being put at risk for dubious returns

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

It may be that Putin recognizes that he does not need to fire a single bullet to win this war. All he needs to do is continue driving tanks up and down the border of Ukraine in order to force us to continue to spend resources . . .

until we collapse . . . just as the Soviet Union collapsed 30 years ago.

I mean.... I think it's wasteful that we seem so vested in Ukraine's fate... But I doubt us sending 5,000 troops here and there to western European allies is going to be the straw that broke the camels back.

That spending is a drop in the bucket for our military budget.
edit on 15-2-2022 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not to mention that Russian troop movements are not free of cost, either.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

The entire 'Russia invading Ukraine' (that both Russia and Ukraine denied happening) was planed to put more of a burden on the US and it's 'allies'.

There's no doubt in my mind that we embellished the "imminence" of invasion... But how do we plan Russia deploying an invading sized force? Sure, it's looking more and more like posturing, but I'm just curious how we plan that.

I think acting like our leaders are omnipotent is generous and a misunderstanding.

More likely that they're incompetent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join