It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau To Enact the Emergencies Act?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The CBC reports to having government sources informing them that Trudeau is about to enact the Emergency Act, previously known as the War Measures Act.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has told his caucus he will invoke the never-before-used Emergencies Act to give the federal government extra powers to handle anti-vaccine mandate protests across the country, sources say.

The Emergencies Act, which replaced the War Measures Act in the 1980s, defines a national emergency as a temporary "urgent and critical situation" that "seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it."

'It gives special powers to the prime minister to respond to emergency scenarios affecting public welfare (natural disasters, disease outbreaks), public order (civil unrest), international emergencies or war emergencies.

'The act grants cabinet the ability to "take special temporary measures that may not be appropriate in normal times" to cope with an "urgent and critical situation" and the resulting fallout. It is still subject to the protections of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.'

www.cbc.ca...

Tirecoaster's Garage provides commentary on the matter:

So what does the Emergencies Act entail? It basically hands a lot of power over to the Governor In Council (Governor General) in case of a real emergency. Examples of such an emergency include:

· (a) fire, flood, drought, storm, earthquake or other natural phenomenon,
· (b) disease in human beings, animals or plants, or
· (c) accident or pollution
and that results or may result in a danger to life or property, social disruption or a breakdown in the flow of essential goods, services or resources, so serious as to be a national emergency.

So it’s talking about a natural disaster or a major social disruption which constitutes a serious health threat to the nation. The act allows the Governor General special emergency powers to limit the travel of Canadians, as well as the movements of goods.

The act also allows for “the requisition, use or disposition of property”. This portion of the act would allow the Government to SEIZE tow trucks for the removal of convoy trucks.

And “on indictment, of a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding five years or both that fine and imprisonment.” Harsh penalties for peaceful protestors practicing their constitutional rights!

Such laws are written in good faith to be used when appropriate, not as an excuse for tyranny. If peaceful blockades constitute a kind of national emergency, then how about unconstitutional lockdowns, restrictions and shameless discrimination by the Government of Canada over the past two years? Many Canadians could say the government had us in a state of emergency.

I do not think this fits with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We have the constitutional right to peaceful protest. Bending an act around a political agenda to override the Charter I would argue is unconstitutional. A peaceful protest movement is not a dangerous threat outside our control or means to handle. We have a peaceful protest movement demanding an end to Trudeau’s unconstitutional mandates and restrictions. Free speech and peaceful protest are basic rights which we are all allowed in Canada. Political pressure on a politician does not equate to a "national emergency".

It reads like Martial Law to me.

Side note: I get passionate about this stuff because this is my country. I have a hell of a lot of stake in how this all unfolds. But I'm fairly calm and rational. Just wanted to point that out in case my recent threads made me seem hysterical. I plan to support Freedom how I can, and I am prepared to go to jail or even die for it. I'm a spiritual man who believes in God. I have faith this will all work out the way it must. But in the meantime, I won't hide how passionate I am about this stuff. I also feel like expressing such energy because it can help to motivate other people. So why hold back?

FREEEEEDOM!!

Emergencies Act: laws-lois.justice.gc.ca...

Governor In Council/Governor General explained: www.canada.ca...
edit on 14-2-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'll say this he is making Fidel proud...

So on one hand you have provinces dropping passports and mandates, and federally JT is initiating the never before initiated Emergencies Act.

It is indeed as the honorable Candice Bergen says she

edit on 14-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No need to hold back how you feel

The only one that needs to be held back is this trudeau thing . It lives on misery and despair , thrives on power and corruption , and only ever lies .

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

This is a sure fire way to make a terrible situation even worse.

Bravo Trudeau!!! You’re doing an excellent job of pissing people off exponentially!

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Forgot to mention this:

Invoking the act requires parliamentary review. Any temporary laws made under the act are subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. That means any attempt by the government to suspend the civil rights of Canadians, even in an emergency, can be challenged in court.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
The CBC reports to having government sources informing them that Trudeau is about to enact the Emergency Act, previously known as the War Measures Act.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has told his caucus he will invoke the never-before-used Emergencies Act to give the federal government extra powers to handle anti-vaccine mandate protests across the country, sources say.

The Emergencies Act, which replaced the War Measures Act in the 1980s, defines a national emergency as a temporary "urgent and critical situation" that "seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it."

'It gives special powers to the prime minister to respond to emergency scenarios affecting public welfare (natural disasters, disease outbreaks), public order (civil unrest), international emergencies or war emergencies.

'The act grants cabinet the ability to "take special temporary measures that may not be appropriate in normal times" to cope with an "urgent and critical situation" and the resulting fallout. It is still subject to the protections of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.'

www.cbc.ca...

So what does the Emergencies Act entail? It basically hands a lot of power over to the Governor In Council (Governor General) in case of a real emergency. Examples of such an emergency include:

and that results or may result in a danger to life or property, social disruption or a breakdown in the flow of essential goods, services or resources, so serious as to be a national emergency.

So it’s talking about a natural disaster or a major social disruption which constitutes a serious health threat to the nation. The act allows the Governor General special emergency powers to limit the travel of Canadians, as well as the movements of goods.

The act also allows for “the requisition, use or disposition of property”. This portion of the act would allow the Government to SEIZE tow trucks for the removal of convoy trucks.

And “on indictment, of a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding five years or both that fine and imprisonment.” Harsh penalties for peaceful protestors practicing their constitutional rights!

Such laws are written in good faith to be used when appropriate, not as an excuse for tyranny. If peaceful blockades constitutes a kind of national emergency, then how about unconstitutional lockdowns, restrictions and shameless discrimination by the Government of Canada over the past two years? Many Canadians could say the government had us in a state of emergency.

I do not think this fits with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We have the constitutional right to peaceful protest. Bending an act around a political agenda to override the Charter I would argue is unconstitutional. A peaceful protest movement is not a dangerous threat outside our control or means to handle. We have a peaceful protest movement demanding an end to Trudeau’s unconstitutional mandates and restrictions. Free speech and peaceful protest are basic rights which we are all allowed in Canada. Political pressure on a politician does not equate to a "national emergency".

Side note: I get passionate about this stuff because this is my country. I have a hell of a lot of stake in how this all unfolds. But I'm fairly calm and rational. Just wanted to point that out in case my recent threads made me seem hysterical. I plan to support Freedom how I can, and I am prepared to go to jail or even die for it. I'm a spiritual man who believes in God. I have faith this will all work out the way it must. But in the meantime, I won't hide how passionate I am about this stuff. I also feel like expressing such energy because it can help to motivate other people. So why hold back?

FREEEEEDOM!!

Thanks, I hadn't heard of this yet.

You are exactly right on the money, this IS Martial Law, with a disguised name.

If they come in here and start violence against us, so be it. I'm also a Christian and God fearing person, and there is daily worship and praise here. We do "The Walk of Jericho" around Parliament Hill every morning since Friday. This Thursday we will do it 7 times, then we will blow the Shofar along with the HOOOOOOONNKKKKKKENING, and we will figuratively bring down the walls of Jericho.

This is not just a protest, it's also turning into a revival, and many other things.

I'm not sure TPTB have any idea what they are dealing with here, and that scares the living # out of them.

Keep the faith and stay strong man, we know how this ends ultimately.

We've already won, Trudeau is just too arrogant and narcissistic to concede it.

Scene from Saturday:

edit on 2/14/2022 by MykeNukem because: they came for the truckers and I wasn't a trucker...

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons.
— Terence McKenna

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yes it's basically just Trudeau and Ford, and other corrupt politicians around them. Many people are turning on them. Love listening to Bergen going at them lol

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Yes. Praying Trudeau is arrested for his crimes. I feel like this is all building to a resolve of some kind.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yes indeed! The criminal elites up in their ivory towers looking down at the little workers behaving seriously underestimated us. We desire freedom and we will fight and die for it.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Obvious false flags incoming...

We all know it’s true.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Wow, great quote!

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Obvious false flags incoming...

We all know it’s true.

Yea pretty much all they got.

The problem with that though, is that the public here in Ottawa come down daily to see for themselves what's going on and have a great time with the family.

I think they may try that, I also think it will backfire.

The public here in Ottasa has seen too much...

If they start tear gassing little kids, we'll go F'N ballistic, I can say that.

edit on 2/14/2022 by MykeNukem because: they came for the truckers...

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It’s his funeral.

The people won’t stand up for this guy much longer.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Here is a solution.

The people put pressure on The Governer General Mary Simon. She can then ask The Queen to use her " Reserve Power " to remove Trudeau and his government from office. The Reserve Power can be used if the people say the government is not acting responsibly.

Two Canadian Prime Minsisters have been removed under Reserved Powers, the last was in 1925.

Simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Actually, it might be good for Americans if your goofy PM enacts martial law.

Then all these people here that say it could never happen here might think twice.
Sorry about your luck.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Meh, civil rights are so 2019.

Forgot to mention this:

Invoking the act requires parliamentary review. Any temporary laws made under the act are subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. That means any attempt by the government to suspend the civil rights of Canadians, even in an emergency, can be challenged in court.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

As covid cases plummet, omicron wanes, city after city removes covid restrictions, Justin Trudeau finds himself in a bad position that can only get worse. The only option he has to make this end on a positive note, is to remove the mandates, and signal a win for democracy and peaceful protest.

If he goes the military way, people will die, there will be bloodshed, and weeks after the blood is cleaned up, the rest of the world will have ended the mandates, and he will be the last holdout, simply because he backed his own dumb ass into that corner. He (already is) will be the laughing stock of the world.

His one way out is to declare a win for the Truckers.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

www.cbc.ca...

Such laws are written in good faith to be used when appropriate, not as an excuse for tyranny. If peaceful blockades constitutes a kind of national emergency, then how about unconstitutional lockdowns, restrictions and shameless discrimination by the Government of Canada over the past two years? Many Canadians could say the government had us in a state of emergency.

FREEEEEDOM!!

Thanks, I hadn't heard of this yet.

You are exactly right on the money, this IS Martial Law, with a disguised name.

If they come in here and start violence against us, so be it. I'm also a Christian and God fearing person, and there is daily worship and praise here. We do "The Walk of Jericho" around Parliament Hill every morning since Friday. This Thursday we will do it 7 times, then we will blow the Shofar along with the HOOOOOOONNKKKKKKENING, and we will figuratively bring down the walls of Jericho.

This is not just a protest, it's also turning into a revival, and many other things.

I'm not sure TPTB have any idea what they are dealing with here, and that scares the living # out of them.

Keep the faith and stay strong man, we know how this ends ultimately.

We've already won, Trudeau is just too arrogant and narcissistic to concede it.

Scene from Saturday:

Quite peculiar how they're more scared of song and fellowship than flames and violence. Who knew that a respectable protest festival could be so intimidating.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

As covid cases plummet, omicron wanes, city after city removes covid restrictions, Justin Trudeau finds himself in a bad position that can only get worse. The only option he has to make this end on a positive note, is to remove the mandates, and signal a win for democracy and peaceful protest.

If he goes the military way, people will die, there will be bloodshed, and weeks after the blood is cleaned up, the rest of the world will have ended the mandates, and he will be the last holdout, simply because he backed his own dumb ass into that corner. He (already is) will be the laughing stock of the world.

His one way out is to declare a win for the Truckers.

At this point it's all tyranny, ego, and control. There's no other reason to continue the mandates:

1) Most people have been either vaccinated or have natural immunity
2) Most of the hyper vulnerable already passed away, or, recovered
3) Vaccines are factually not stopping transmission
4) Omicron is much more mild

A good leader, who is honest and has the right motives, does not continue failed and destructive policies just to not be proven wrong. Of course, that assumes leaders such as he or Biden aren't puppets for higher forces.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join