It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would benefit from harvesting the Moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This brings up a good point, and what is the answer. To think this isnt in the makings already or will be soon is foolish. Theyve got their space force now so im thinking yes. But who would benefit, and SHOULD? I know in alberta they had an 'energy tax refund' anyone over sixteen got a certain percentage of oil produced, however it worked. Im sure corruption would overcome, but who owns the moon? Are they right thinking china and russian would throw a wrench into it, or is that the talk of someone else trying to take over. Should we all get our "moon tax refund' when it does happen, or should 'ol Mona be left alone?

sputniknews.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Upgrade.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

eh?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mczinger

No one "owns" the moon, no human "owns" anything on Earth, we just take it. I am no fanatic but that's the fundamental truth.

Leave the Moon alone. But it won't be left alone. It's too precious military, think civil usage? Ha! I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

How exactly can the Moon have a military use beyond resources?

You can't use it for observation, a telescope in orbit can see the Earth installations better than one on the moon. Radio surveillance? Same problem as visual. You can't use it for a missle launch platform, it takes days to get a hit and someone will intersept the shot by then.

Political value, yes, but no strategic military value at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Per the UN, no country can lay claim to the Moon. Per this person, they should be married to the moon today.

Not sure what Space Force has to do with anything.

Asteroids are a better investment in the long term.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Secret experiments on the far side, where it's easier to hide from prying eyes and electronics.

And you're wrong about the missiles. I suggest you read through this book for a great fictional idea on the military applications.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
You think too short term

I am not talking about currently but when we achieved ground to complete space flight. Look at current borders on Earth, we fight wars about it. Those who go now secure not only land, they might have to defend it too. Moon bases on good trajectory entry points, H3 harvesting. Low gravity, less resources for takeoff and landing.

Military is what secures interests first and foremost, that's why I took the term military.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

hands-off the moon........... there are plenty of Asteroids to choose from and then to exploit from a Lagrange point mining complex

the moon orbit is too delicate to mess with (unless your a super wealthy elite with intentions of wreaking chaos/havoc on Earths' tides, and numerous other cycles which make Earth a sustainable and ongoing biosphere)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Your tin foil hat.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That's what we need. Reduce the weight of the moon. THEN we'll see climate change.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

You can't use it for observation, a telescope in orbit can see the Earth installations better than one on the moon. Radio surveillance? Same problem as visual. You can't use it for a missle launch platform, it takes days to get a hit and someone will intersept the shot by then.

Well having an off-planet base is an eventual goal, and the moon is an obvious first candidate.

Secondly, one day likely, should human tech keep progressing, we will become a multi-planet and satellite civilization. Absolutely having colonies and bases including the moon will be part of that.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Whoever can mine the moon can benefit from it. How well they share that depends on who benefits.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madviking

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Well having an off-planet base is an eventual goal, and the moon is an obvious first candidate.

Secondly, one day likely, should human tech keep progressing, we will become a multi-planet and satellite civilization. Absolutely having colonies and bases including the moon will be part of that.

I don't agree with the Moon making a good base. Yes, there will be one or a few for research but I think the Earth Moon Lagrange points will be better to have large bases.

Bring in resource rich asteroids to one L point for processing to ship assembly and fitting out. Another L point for fleet operations, fleet docks and bases.

Like Earth, the Moon has enough gravity to make it waistful to launch from there unless absolutely necessary. If the mass is already floating in space, why spoil the advantage?
edit on 2 14 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Who would benefit from harvesting the moon? The same elites that benefit from raping the earth.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There are already contracts in place with multiple governments and companies for mining rights.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Who ever has the best tech to be able to sow, and harvest what they reap.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well I know who would be put out of business…Kraft and the American Dairy Assn.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Blessed are the cheesemakers.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Obviously, Kraft. It IS made of cheese after all...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join