It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the strength of survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Can most people survive without the grocery store these days. NO

I was lucky to have taken jungle and water and winter survival in the USAF training survival courses . I walked away that one MUST learn from those that have experienced the path of survival to live. I realized that on an individual basis one must have the leadership that others will trust and follow you. This comes with the will to survive.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Foraging for food is incredibly difficult. I know pretty much what's edible and what's not in my woods. It's even tougher in the winter of course, but you need to know where to look and what to look for.

I've done all kinds of fishing and hunted small game and deer, but without the proper hunting and fishing equipment and lots of experience, it won't be easy. I've never tried trapping, but that would be a big part of survival. I know how to tan hides, purify water, build a shelter and make a fire, but these are skills that go unpracticed for me.

First aid will be a problem in a survival situation, esp. if you have to improvise. I'm sorely lacking in this area and a first aid course or two is in order.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Foraging for food is incredibly difficult. I know pretty much what's edible and what's not in my woods. It's even tougher in the winter of course, but you need to know where to look and what to look for.

I've done all kinds of fishing and hunted small game and deer, but without the proper hunting and fishing equipment and lots of experience, it won't be easy. I've never tried trapping, but that would be a big part of survival. I know how to tan hides, purify water, build a shelter and make a fire, but these are skills that go unpracticed for me.

First aid will be a problem in a survival situation, esp. if you have to improvise. I'm sorely lacking in this area and a first aid course or two is in order.

the survival courses in the Air Forces were good, but we did have the tech to help along.
in the Philippines though with the weather I got to say that " tribe survival " is a must.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You need a trade. A job. Without electricity everyone gas a job & makes it a career. Its odd you were a soldier but want to use your skills for foraging for the community but some just dont like fighting i get that. Its not going to be any man for himself, its a community just like always has & will be. If you play the everyman for yourself card you wont survive very long at all or it just wont last & you will look for a community.

Electricity wont be out for long, everone will just rebuild it & if you dont use a team to create a society again youll be the only type of people without electricity. You can make a powergrid in a month nowadays so it wouldnt last long at all ecxept for the crazies, they will draw out their own demise.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I can fish pretty well, I can hunt pretty good too, but within six months every deer, rabbit, and much of the fish would have disappeared here in Yooperland. I can grow potatoes, strawberries, onions, and tomatoes very good, but I have limited success with other stuff because my land where I live is not right for growing some stuff. I could stock freezers full of food during the summer, but if there is no power, it becomes a problem. I have never done preserves that do not need freezing, other than doing salt fish and beef jerkeys and smoked meats.

edit on 14-2-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join