It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-52 bombers take off from Britain for night mission over Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

A surprising number of interesting aircraft show up on the tracker now. It’s always fun to see the B-52s show up. It’s also interesting to see the various callsigns used. It’s funny how many are appropriate to the aircraft in question.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: imitator

The flights over the US are for training. They aren’t collecting data...

If you really believe that, then I have a bridge to sell you!

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

what would they be collecting?

they use small 2 man Cessna type aircraft to scoop and spoof cell towers

you crazy if you think B52's are doing surveillance let alone over the US

who ever was wanted to look could just get a warrant or whatever

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

With exceptions for cartel sat phone tracking near the southern border and some off shore tasks, this is correct.

Just no need.

Can get more from a mouse click than a flight.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

No silly... we were talking about RC-135's...

There is more than what you are seeing, the RC-135 can impersonate passenger aircraft... or if you want B52's.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I know it. I’ve been around this area far, far longer than you have, but hey, what do I know. Just because I’ve actually dealt with the planes in question doesn’t mean that I know more than you. Obviously you’re so much smarter than I am when it comes to this.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You got it all wrong bro...
I'm not challenging you or questioning your experience. I'm just giving my perspective.

If you think I'm wrong or crazy that's fine with me lol...
edit on 49024928pm282022Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:49:08 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

still, why use a jet when a warrant will get you anything you want in the US

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Warrant!?

We don't need no stinking warrant.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I know it. I’ve been around this area far, far longer than you have, but hey, what do I know. Just because I’ve actually dealt with the planes in question doesn’t mean that I know more than you. Obviously you’re so much smarter than I am when it comes to this.

I heard we also use Buffs to chase down wild horses & unicorns.

Along with the occasional Alaskan bear hunt.

We Americans are so damn decadent.

edit on 14-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Why use a jet that costs you between $19-20,000 an hour to operate when you can do the same thing with a Cessna that costs less than $1,000.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

they are probably things like LOOKING GLASS or COBRA BALL etc....

they are just C4ISR so communications don't break down.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

several reasons... longer flight times, range and ceiling, to monitor and cover more area, etc. To measure and watch movements, photography, espionage, intercept all forms of communications.

Maybe they want to see how many trips you make to your girlfriend's house while cheating on your wife, catch dirt on you, etc... Maybe see how many white friends you have?

Maybe they think you're a domestic terrorist, seeking to sow discord and undermine public trust in government institutions to encourage unrest, which could potentially inspire acts of violence. www.dhs.gov...

The fact is, the government will use any means to spy on you.

Finally... a warrant is not good for long-term spying.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

i know you know what FISA is

the right warrant and who is executing that warrant could be from local PD to the NSA.

a warrant doesnt always mean kicking in a door, it might allow for electronic surveillance or eyes on surveillance, placing bugs etc.

my point being i guess is if the government wants to take a peek at what your up to they will and you may never have any idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Which is why they have things like the Cessnas and other small planes that are actually used for that role. You don't use an RC-135 over a city for 14+ hours, including in flight refueling to find people that are cheating on their wives, or any of the other things you mentioned. You can't cover more than a few cities, even if every RC-135 was available. There are only 17 RC-135s that could be used for that role. Not all of them are available every day. In 2019, there were an average of 12 aircraft available for the Fiscal Year. So you could, in theory, cover a whole 12 cities in the entire US, if you weren't flying them anywhere else in the world for, you know, real missions. Take those aircraft out, and you have somewhere between 8 and 10 cities. And if you're going to try to find out what you're talking about you are going to need a lot of coverage, or you're going to miss a ton of things. So that would be even fewer cities, because you're going to have to rotate aircraft. And that means wearing out airframes that are already old as hell, which means that if you actually need them for what they're supposed to do, you no longer have them.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

"Finally... a warrant is not good for long-term spying"

But you think 300 million dollar planes are?

Few holes in that theory, eh?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I worked those things for a number of years, they really have little to no intelligence gathering capabilities.

You have an Awacs unit in Nato in western germany that would do a much better job of snatching bits of intel, as mentioned I wouldnt doubt we have one of the multiple 135 variants that can do it in the area, and I dont track Jstars at all but they would do a bang up job of getting ground intel.

A buff as much as I love that Fat F@#$ isnt the airframe for intel gathering.
edit on 14-2-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

ETA: Cant believe the U2, how did I forget that one jesus I must be more tired than I thought. You want high altitude loiter time intel gathering thats your goto.
edit on 14-2-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

"as much as I love that Fat F@#$"

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How many of you guys work in intel? I don't think they will come in here and say they do this and not that. lol

I'm not saying the 135W is the only plane they use for spying, they use dozens of manned and unmanned aircraft that dot the skies above gathering video and other types of intelligence.

However...

Monday, February 14, 2022
www.radarbox.com...

Just today flying in the states, three different RC-135W aircraft... I'm not saying they are spying. I'm sure they are training but... one of them does look suspicious. 🛸

HOOVR35, TOPCT26, SNOOP02

www.radarbox.com...

www.radarbox.com...

That is three you can see, they can also disguise their (ICAO) Mode-S number and become any other aircraft.

In other words, they could be flying more than three today over the states... sometimes their patterns can be identified as a 135W or seen switching their ICAO on tracking sites. They also can go completely invisible, flight boards wiped, etc.

Irishhaf this was today... you said they have little to no intelligence-gathering capabilities?
I guess they wasted fuel...👀

edit on 58025828am282022Tue, 15 Feb 2022 00:58:09 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You don’t have to work Intel to know what they’re doing. You think the ground guys don’t have stories about what the jets get up to? The ground crews know almost as much about what the jets get up to as the guys flying on them.

Yes, They use lots of aircraft to gather Intel. But They aren’t flying military aircraft over your head trying to find out if you’re cheating on your wife. They use small general aviation aircraft for that. Without a tracker or someone pointing out the odd flight pattern you wouldn’t know the difference between your neighbors on a flight in a Cessna having fun, and one of these aircraft flying over your head.

That “suspicious” RC-135 is flying a simulated mission. They practice their flight paths for when they’re on a real mission. Somewhere under them, in an MOA there is a “communications center” that they’re listening too. There are many MOAs around the country that they train with. Other flights they don’t even carry their mission crew with them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join