It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My encounter/s with a true Karen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Got stuck working with happy Karen today ☹️

She was transferred to my store and actually tells people that everyone hated her at the last store.

She has been rude and downright unprofessional and made racist remarks about one girl she started with. The girl she started with is super chill, religious, good sense of humor.

I missed the verbal fight, but my friend we’ll call Ro put her in her place. Of course Karen’s version was twisted. She actually asked why Ro was at work for a holiday, and did she just come in for the holiday pay? I guess she didn’t like that Ro was texting someone on her phone. First off, they are both supervisors, secondly Kaaaaren is ALWAYS on her phone, texting, talking. It even has a birdie tweet when incoming texts come in which is super annoying when you hear it all day.

She snaps at people if you call her to the front for approvals, which, hello Karen, they can’t do certain transactions with s/v approval.

She’s been rude to me several times, but I have always kept my mouth shut and let it slide, today wasn’t the day!

First off, it’s the day before Valentine’s Day, so we were super busy. We also have to put up all the sales tags as well. I am also the photo/passport girl.

So today, I did tags, waited on customers, made 3 calendars, and was in the process of doing 4 passports, she starts barking at me to bring her something, can’t make out what she’s saying. She wants the envelope for the passports for 3 people to ring them out because she wants to get it out of the way.! Hello, I’m still working on them, but ok, also, can’t you walk?

Of course she walks like a friggin turtle. She also cannot do photo at all!

Ok, so her rudeness is starting, but I figure ignore it. I finish passports in record time, get back to registers to ring up cust in line. As I’m ringing him up, she looks over at me like the exorcist girl and snaps “You think you can finish those tags for me” very rudely. The cust looked at me and mouthed wtf and shook his head.

Now at this point I’ve been on my feet for 8 hours with no break which is normal and I always suck it up with a smile in my face.

So I told her as soon as I finish ringing this cust out I’ll get to it. First off, they are her tags, she hasn’t done half of what I’ve cranked out. Then she starts mouthing off again. After the guys leaves, I head for office, and she knew she messed up and said “you don’t have to do those tags”; now I’ve had it. I tell her yeah i already know that, and she’s just running her mouth loudly, well I told her what I thought of her. Told her flat out she was rude, that her tone sucks, and that I will never work with her again.

She then starts saying I work 70 hours per week and I’m tired, to which I replied “ That’s your choice”, she only works like 30 at this store, I guess lunch wench at some school (lord help those poor kids).

What a bish 👿. Bye Cecil turtle
edit on 13-2-2022 by KTemplar because: Autocorrect is misinformed

edit on 13-2-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2022 by KTemplar because: Recall

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Here, have a cyber hug!

/CyberHugz !

If this was the shed I would pass you some faerie dust...

Just to prepare you for 2Billies inevitable arrival to inform you what she thinks of the term Karen. ..

😇

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ROFL!!!
Sweet!!! My go to with co-workers like this is " I can live with your disappointment" as I walk away. Sorry your day went wonky. People like that are irksome.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I know your pain. I spend 20/week with one myself. To makes matters worse, I am ostensibly supposed to be her supervisor, but she has become convinced she can do my job better or something.

It is a complex mess, but suffice it to say she has snapped at me several times for doing my job.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good times! Well Cecil better learn photo stat, and I guarantee the little b can’t even lift the rolls of canvas or other equipment 🤣

People do not think things through; I always have a plan b and c!

All’s I can say is she’s a dumbass who thinks she’s special. I’m also the top seller in the district during promotions every time!

She couldn’t sell a popsicle in the desert!

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

But that’s work
People above you piss you off
Had a work colleague promoted, we were friends, socially, golf cricket, few drinks here and there, go promoted and became a monster

One day he walked into the office, moaned, ranted at a couple of us over something irrelevant, enough. Raised my voice, told him to stow the attitude or I would walk and make sure everyone knew the reason I was walking was him
He must have reflected on his attitude, the roll and the company, instant change, that and of course losing a trained worker who knew and completed their job and I was respected for that

Employees are valued, work is not that hard to find, don’t work where you are not cared for and don’t work for dodgie people.

Don’t take it from your employer or fellow staff
But then, don’t you be like them either

Well done, next step?
edit on 13-2-2022 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Catch her in the bathroom and wash her head and hair in the toilet.

She will straighten out or quit.

Old school.......

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
Of course she walks like a friggin turtle....

....She couldn’t sell a popsicle in the desert!

Ask her what she'd do if she saw a Turtle on it's back in the middle of the desert.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: KTemplar
Of course she walks like a friggin turtle....

....She couldn’t sell a popsicle in the desert!

Ask her what she'd do if she saw a Turtle on it's back in the middle of the desert.

Ok now I'm curious...

Why are we in the desert, how did the turtle get there, why is it on its back, and more importantly,

What do you suggest we do?

Why do I feel like I already failed this test ?

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

You idiot..

You forgot to ask if the turtle was alive...

/Sigh

Disappointedly,
~meathead
edit on 13-2-2022 by Mike Stivic because: Is that a word

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

How to detect a Psycopath..

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My Aunt Karen was one of the sweetest people you ever met.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And just like that,, I have gone from flippantly commenting on an off topic rant about a narcissistic
co-worker to being arm -chair psychoanalyzed.

I assure you when I walked by that turtle.. I freaking felt bad about it.. ok.. is that what you needed to hear?

I'm a monster who walked by a helpless animal in dire straights because I was only concerned with my own pathetic well being and now unto eterniy I shall feel like a guilty piece of snip about your goshdang hypothetical freaking terrapin..

You happy?

🤣

Just to bring this back on topic,

I know a woman named Karen who definitely walked by a dying turtle or two..

Ashamedly,
~meathead

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst

Eff you and the Aunt Karen you rode in on buddy!

Seriously,
~meathead

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst

No comment on my current Karen dilemma.

Let's just say it's an issue often enough that my husband and I have code for it - DKD, daily Karen drama.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivicheheh I hated you when you were on tv for a reason.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I believe people like the 'Karen' you are describing are mentally ill in some way. No one with any self-awareness or common sense would exhibit the behavior you are describing.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Your experience reminds me of my days back in the print shops, making copies for old ladies while printing 5k 3-part NCR receipts on the press in the back, and then passport and Visa photo customers at the same time (Visas sucked cuz you had to get am angle shot of the ear). I also had a super religious manager with 'hang in there' kitten posters in the back at one place. I got out early and didn't get injured thankfully, but so many bizarre/odd customers made it a memorable gig

I was dealing with Karens back when they weren't Karens, just uptight angry customers with 90's hair. They were nasty back then too

To this day I still have weird dreams of the odd stuff I did there. I hope this customer becomes a non issue for you, and the venting does help

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Oh man the angle shots, the lighting, the touching up. I love it though.

I really like our customers, never have a problem with them. It’s my new coworker who is clearly not happy (why she has the nickname Happy Karen.

She’s fairly new and complains about Everybody and everything. It’s clear she doesn’t enjoy working there. She’s either chatting in the back room with Chatty Cathy, texting or copin a tude!

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You don't have to take abuse from anyone.

I would suggest you call her aside and tell her what you told us.

I have had to deal with more than my share of Karens over my lifetime, and I have found the direct approach works most of the time. If it doesn't, take it to the next level.

I had to have the "Come to Jesus", talk with my last boss. She wasn't a Karen, she was worse, in my eyes. She was status seeking, and would throw anybody under the bus to make herself look good.

I simply told her that her behavior was inappropriate, rude, and made me doubt her. I told her I did not like her and I did not trust her. I made it clear that I would not tolerate her disrespect and would demand an audience with her supervisor, if we could not work this out between just the two of us. I never had another problem with her.

I have two mottos I live by in my work environment.

"Nip it in the bud", and, "You teach people how to treat you".

edit on 14-2-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join