It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambassador Bridge Boosts Electric Car Production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The week-long disruption to the bridge, which accounts for roughly 25% of US-Canada annual trade estimated to be worth $1.7bn (£1.2bn) a day, rocked the car manufacturing industry.

General Motors, Ford, Toyota and Honda plants have been forced to halt production and cancel work shifts due to parts shortages caused by the blockade.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The disruption helped knock one industry back and created a vacuum for another to fill.

. . . officials have threatened severe consequences for individuals who continue protesting after they’ve been told to leave.
www.clickondetroit.com...

Severe consequences.

We'll see if the blockade ends or grows stronger.

edit on 12 2 2022 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Stand tall Truckers

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I call BS on the production of electric cars! The reason being, recent news indicates that multiple industries that rely on chips have a minimal supply.

Median inventory has fallen from 40 days to fewer than 5 days, resulting in no room for error, Raimondo said.
So how are EV manufacturers still open and producing???? It sounds a tad contrived to me. More like an excuse. I seriously doubt that EV's use fewer chips in production! link

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Maybe the chip shortage isn't as bad as you've been told?

How would any of us ever know for sure.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Try buying one lol
Feb 5

Car dealers are raising prices. Automakers are pushing back. Consumers are stuck in between

edit on 2122022 by MetalThunder because: Carpe diem

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thank you Biden and the liberals for $1.56 a litre gas. Ya, go, for the gold. You scoundrels, war is immense, on the economy, and they are hoarding gas, for whoever has the most gas, wins, but nukes make that mute.

What if this is it, do you rejoice as we are slowly starved. Amen, brothers and sisters, rejoice, for the second coming is at hand. But what do I know, for only God knows the day and the hour. But do the warning signs point war, nato v Russian and China alliance, they aren’t sheep herders, sad, I say, death comes for us all and the closer you get to it, the more you’ll understand.
edit on 12-2-2022 by Randomname2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They need to think old school for their parts. I remember about 1980 in Flint MI they would fly parts into the airport then helicopter them to the GM parking lot. No need for trucks except fork trucks to bring them in. They did it for weeks.

$$$$$$

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Buying an ev?

I have no problem finding and buying a new ev.

$14,000 - $30, 000 is not bad for a new car. Are gas engine new cars cheaper than that?

top topics

join