It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia evacuating diplomatic staff from Ukraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The country that saved Europe from the devil that was Nazism and this is how the world repays them. Thirty million people sacrificed to make the world safe from a vile murderous racist regime that sought to wipe out many of the peoples of Europe and the world

That is why Russia and their antics are tolerated, no? How long can that be used as a get out of jail free card? I see a lot of room there for patience..that has been shown.
Every time I get upset about having Russian missiles pointed at me that's what settles me down is thinking about the contributions during WW2, and their sacrifices during the ongoing war on terror..

Doesn't seem like an American problem at first.

The POTUS came out of the gate super hard here. Then backed away just as fast. This caught Putin off guard. I figure he will just sit out there in the cold and waste fuel eventually fading back. Then Ukraine can use this awareness to settle its internal problems and continue to grow and prosper…

sidenote
Would this entire site be considered a violation of The Prime Directive?
edit on 12-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: so it was a trap?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Unless it spills out of the current Ukrainian borders It's A Europe/Russia problem, hell didn't Europe get all unionize and we are gonna be this and we are gonna be that.

But as soon as the bully on the block shows up, you call on America.

Of course, Biden is willing to help #1 it takes the focus off his abysmal failures domestically #2 he no doubt has a previous relationship with Ukraine, let's just say likely much deeper than other countries.

it doesn't mean it's the correct response

Which is the frightening aspect about the whole enchilada, what is Biden willing to do? if he goes half measures it will just drop the US and Europe into a meat grinding money pit, with the meat being our troops.

After Afghanistan and Iraq 2 situations that haven't really improved for the average citizen after American intervention, I can't see Americas involvement bringing forth a peaceful and secure Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Russia also knows the West/NATO, EU want a distraction from their own failures of the vaccine mandates, not letting the restrictions, covid vaccine passes go. Along with the rising inflation across the western countries.

That's true vNex92 while at the same time there is an almost pathological desire by a certain western political class to destroy Russia the greatest country by size on Planet Earth and harness its immense resources for their own benefit.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Russians have got their own backyard just like the Yankees have and the Chinese too. To put it bluntly NATO is taking the p*ss encroaching on Russia's near abroad. Time to pull back and accept a balance of power is needed in this world. No need to spark a nuclear war with a nation that has 6,200 nukes all for what? Total insanity

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Relax.

Biden is sending Kamala Harris to Germany next week.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reported NEWS, Yahoo

Russia evicts USA submarine from Eastern waters...

just as i mentioned earlier would be a precurser to any Russian-China attack on DC...
the communists would need to neutralize the USA submarine forces of the defense Triad (ICBM/B-52/NUKE SUBS)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Wasn't Kamala supposed take care of the southern border issue?

reported NEWS, Yahoo

Russia evicts USA submarine from Eastern waters...

just as i mentioned earlier would be a precurser to any Russian-China attack on DC...
the communists would need to neutralize the USA submarine forces of the defense Triad (ICBM/B-52/NUKE SUBS)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

yeah russias near abroad is composed of sovereign nations that are no longer under soviet occupation.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Russia media says "We're evacuating".
Then says, "Not Really"

Two weeks later, the same thing.

Here's January 2022: www.reuters.com...

edit on 2/13/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Smigg
The UK and the US want a war with Russia, it's as simple as that.

That would be the silliest war of all Wars.

From who's perspective ?

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

From Russias point of view, the West is using Ukraine to start a proxy war on their border. Would America tolerate the same thing with regards to Mexico? a little mutual respect would go a long way. But that won't happen. So when all else fails they take you to war. The big boys are most likely the ones who started it and will be financing both sides.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Strange. We seem to be in complete agreement?

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   
NATO has been on Russia's border since 2004, this is when the Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania joined NATO and the EU.

None of them are a threat to Russia, after Russia annexed the Crimea NATO sent 1000 troops to each nation, not before.

NATO being on Russia's border with offensive capacity isn't a reasonable excuse. Token forces of a defensive nature is all Russia has seen from NATO. Not that Ukraine is going to be a NATO nation any time soon. You don't mobilize 100's of 1000's on something that has very little prospect of being accomplished.

Europe has seen more than 1 dictator and it's never worked out appeasing them.

NATO won't strike first but if Russia goes into the Ukraine it will fortify Eastern Europe. NATO membership will most likely grow with members who historically did their best to be neutral in Europe.

The US likes the prospect of supplying more gas to Europe. Seems to me all the Eastern import routes of fuel have been put at risk over the last 20 years. Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

yeah russias near abroad is composed of sovereign nations that are no longer under soviet occupation.

Look we are never going to agree on this Xcathdra. Constantly creeping up to the borders of Russia via NATO is only going to achieve a backlash. You know Ukraine is Russia's sphere of influence and by formenting colour revolutions and installing western Uni trained dual nationals into thhe revolutionary political field then you take over these nations and they become vassal states.

Just leave them to sort out their own backyard. They are all Slavs and one day they are going to join together again, it's inevitable really unless you transport Ukraine out of its location.

Instead of constantly attempting to undermine Russia why not turn to some real issues on this planet and go sort them out. Iran needs taking out for the good of humanity along with its nuke programme, that would be one crusade you'd get the worlds backing for and will sort out the ME etc. But Ukraine? What benefit has that for anyone in the west bar the installation of more NATO bases and fending off Russian gas trade with the EU.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

You’re mistaken to think the British Royal Family are nothing more than a tourist attraction. The Royal Family work to timelines over centuries. They whisper to the politicians where they want to be and while the politicians come and go the long goal strategies remain in play.
As head of State The Queen is sovereign to nearly a 5th of the worlds landmass and a quarter of the seas. Think of Canadas and Australian Land and sovereign waters. Secondly she is Head of The Commonwealth, a body of 2.5 billion peoples in 54 countries.
Then there’s the link between other royals/sovereigns who’re listed under The Knights of The Garter (literally the modern knights of the round table) called Stranger Knights and Ladies Companion. These knights and ladies include the Kings of Spain and the Emperor of Japan.

Coming back on topic, The Queens direct ancestor was Queen Victoria, her children included not only most of the European kings and queens, also Empress Alexandra was one of her granddaughters, and the uncle of Tsar Nicholas II was married to one of her daughters, so the family ties between the Romanov family and the English queen were pretty strong. It’s well known Putin wants to recreate an imperial Russia, making himself the first Tzar of the 21st century.

Tsar Putin

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wooleyjumper

Maybe i will run for a Tsar(ina) too... i wonder which one is closer Putin or I... I am related to Rurikid Prince Polozki as he is my 25th Grandfather. And your royals and i share same blood too Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom is my 13th cousin twice removed.
Well don´t be so upset when i say it is only title. I say Queen do not have political power Parliament does. Sure she can whisper in their ears. She is rich so what ?

Back to subject..
Two NATO minehunters are currently in front of Porkkalanniemi, the narrowest point in the Gulf of Finland between Finland and Estonia.

They are ready to close the Sea of Finland from Russia if SHTF. They are patrolling between Helsinki and Tallinn and are ready to place mines to close route from Russia to move forward Atlantic Ocean.

The ships are in link in blue color and names are FGS Dutteln(DE) and FGS Fulda(DE), these ships are Frankenthal-class minehunters

Marine Traffic
edit on 13-2-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Russia media says "We're evacuating".
Then says, "Not Really"

Two weeks later, the same thing.

Here's January 2022: www.reuters.com...

They're playing checkers with the Biden Administration micromanagers 🔥😃

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Just to point out.. The US and Russia share a border, with 2 miles being the closest point.
edit on 13-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The US and Russia share a border.

NATO is a defensive alliance.
The former ccps are sovereign nations and they can decide how there foreign relations work.

The backyard you refer to is not their backyard anymore. They are the front yards of sovereign nations.

NONE of which has expressed a desire to be a part of Russia and none have expressed the intention of trying to invade Russia.

So maybe Russia should learn where their borders end and where sovereign nations begin.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hi Xcathdra,

Heheh. "NATO" forces in eastern Europe that are not part of the forces of those nations number, what, maybe four brigades maximum? Maybe five now that an airborne brigade is enroute from the USA.

I'm trying to recall the last time someone tried to invade Russia with four brigades. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Yeah, real big NATO threat there. Real "pushing Russia into a corner" stuff.

The pro-Putin arguments in this discussion are becoming more absurd by the day.

Cheers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join