It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beta males, softies and metrosexuals why would you want a life with one?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It depends from what I run from. If it's stern then tense, if it's from someone chasing me with like a pickled cucumber (I hate cucumbers, especially the big water ones.... The smell ugh...

I allow myself the luxury of wildly flailing arms like these blowup tube things US used car salesmen seem to love. According to Hollywood.

edit on 11.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: car not care

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You cannot be from Europe if you don't like water infused with cucumber.

FACT!

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I thought this is an Asian spa thing, just like in Better Call Saul.

Have seen people drink Gurkenwasser (cucumber water) but it's really not that common. That or my mind filters it out for me. Must be a special masochistic treat people have.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Does it help you if I tell you I prefer beer over fancy sparkling wine?

At least it serves that stereotype :-P

An now we are on topic again, stereotypes! No need to step in mods, all is under control

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Always thought that a stereotype : was somebody that could type with both hands...

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin
I initially though it's people that prefer stereo over mono. Not making that up, the word is similar in my language and the "type" part is a synonym like for a male person.

So naturally I thought it's guys that like to listen to stereo music and not mono, what made sense. I know mono from the turntable we still had in the 90s so that was kind of my personal truth. Until I blamed myself in class lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
I knew I forgot someone because I searched for the one that brought up Liberalism and women berating men. (Womansplaining?)

As for the OP, I attribute the rise in feminine men to the hard left turn of Liberalism in the last 20-25 years.
I have never seen so many screeching Liberal women berating men in my life, it’s very emasculating for them and it appears that they cannot cope with it.

A good point that I gladly agree with and partly cut into already but from a different angle. The one where young men think that they need to look like what the media tells them. Example Beckham, how many woman would kill to be at his side? Young men pick that up and think that's the way to go.

Feminism as it is practiced today is toxic. It has done more damage lately than good is my impression. Not following the topic a lot, just zero energy to spend on that one. I mean... manspreading, mansplaining. I know women that want to stay uninformed purposefully about things like car. "I want to turn the key and it needs to work, I don't want to know what that thing mounted in the front is, all it needs to do is drive me from A to B. I put fuel in it sometimes". Acceptable to me, please also add oil sometimes.

While I could explain you every part and why it's important and how it makes itself important... there are women with zero interest but I'd say, in defense of men, well then don't complain that men are explaining things to you because when the term comes up you just gaze into infinity.

Manspreading lol. Maybe these women should for once, if they manage to grab a man, check out what hides in these pants. Maybe it is not that comfortable to sit cross legged like we do? Maybe pack an orange into your pants and see what happens if you cross your legs? Be a bit creative and inquisitive? I mean, it does not take a lot of fantasy and knowledge to grasp, that these are the parts most sensible to men.

Clown world is really the best term for this. We say paper noses here (the red round nose clowns wear). Or clown. Remember topless femes? There's a song out there by some crazy good rhyming guy, it's apparent he has a mathematical pattern to bring up these genius rhymes still trying to decypher it but I am close. One of it goes like this:

"Bitches and hoes don't exist because the hoes know both are feminist"

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My 20+ years at Texas holdem has taught me well....

"if you can't spot the chump at the table....it's you"...........Amarillo Slim

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: chr0naut
Please point out the words that hurt your feelz so we can talk about it.

So did you identify with the softie, the metrosexual or the, what we now know is really an omega mail? To avoid you getting triggered again, you can just say the number. Top would be 1, omega would be 3.

I'm not hurt.

I am an older guy now and have out-achieved nearly all of the people I meet and interact with. But I didn't do it with aggressiveness, and manipulation. I did it with the agreement of those I work with, with intellect, planning, hard work, and with a lot of persistence.

Human societies are enormously more populous than families of mountain gorillas. An alpha, in human terms, would be a tyrannical oligarch. I am strongly opposed to anyone who rules by aggression, militaristic power, fear, and manipulation of others.

Considering what I have achieved in my life, things such as being a founding member of a political party that governed a country in coalition for three political terms, my technical and business outcomes, and my trusted positions of responsibility in social groups, I would guess that I am a strong beta male.

Additionally, those that give deference to 'alpha' types are submissive sycophants, who are granting power to people who have no proven capability to achieve anything but bluff.

You wouldn't take the medical advice of someone who was unqualified, just because they were bullying and loud, so why would you give leadership to the unqualified just because they are obnoxious and aggressive?

Some of us aren't pack animals driven by mindless instinct.

edit on 12/2/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They don't have a choice. The glaring differences in the Male and female body presently points to a chemical reaction.

Womens and mens bodies were pretty much the same forever

It was just around 25 years or so ago that we were seeing radical changes.

Women are not growing big old boobs anymore
Women are more Flat chested, broader shoulders.
The girls in high school today have more facial hair than males.

There has to be some kind of chemical introduction that makes girls more masculine and boys more feminine.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Oh Hell, Duck. I don't how I missed this thread when it appeared.

LMAO! That was a classic OP.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
I'm not hurt.

I am an older guy now and have out-achieved nearly all of the people I meet and interact with. But I didn't do it with aggressiveness, and manipulation. I did it with the agreement of those I work with, with intellect, planning, hard work, and with a lot of persistence.

(SIC: skipped because you are on the wrong route anyways)

You wouldn't take the medical advice of someone who was unqualified, just because they were bullying and loud, so why would you give leadership to the unqualified just because they are obnoxious and aggressive?

Some of us aren't pack animals driven by mindless instinct.

Yeah and that's where you should go back and read the OP and the conversations again. Because you went down the complete wrong path thinking I equate Alpha = brutal, cave-menish and violent.

None of these attributes are what defines an Alpha, for most it isn't. It's just YOUR impression, so, go back and read the OP, you could have spared the time writing that answer... But it shows how BIASED you went into this.

This is why I asked, show me where I hurt your feelings and now I found out, without you wanting to tell. You took it personal and went irrational.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Really? I think you misunderstood something along the way. What you probably hint at, is that women's parts and men's parts are made out of the same parts roughly just used different. Yes that's true mostly, without wanting to going into too much detail.

Hips are different to start with, so we even deal with a different bone structure to start with, I would call that glaring.

Hormones and other chemical reactions; I am not a medical professional but it does not take one to know: Men and women are different. Also XY/XX chromosome difference is glaring.

There has to be some kind of chemical introduction that makes girls more masculine and boys more feminine.

Not necessary. Depends if you believe in a soul and if they can be more male or female in nature. That would be what determines where one is in these, again admittedly not useful labels, but they are good to fence in the topic / domain.

It could be the chemical setup that influences what we call female or male, what we perceive as that, naturally without any influence. Like colors, to name one example. Pink is girlish, but is it? That's a whole different "rabbit hole" to explore.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Metrosexuals are just young men, aren't they?

Terrible narcissists. We all were in our youth.

Fashioning our hair in all kinds of weird and wonderful ways, sporting facial hair much of the time as soon as we realised we could grow it. Buying the latest designer gear.

We all thought we were God's gift.

The sad thing is nobody noticed.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Really? I think you misunderstood something along the way. What you probably hint at, is that women's parts and men's parts are made out of the same parts roughly just used different. Yes that's true mostly, without wanting to going into too much detail.

Hips are different to start with, so we even deal with a different bone structure to start with, I would call that glaring.

Hormones and other chemical reactions; I am not a medical professional but it does not take one to know: Men and women are different. Also XY/XX chromosome difference is glaring.

Not necessary. Depends if you believe in a soul and if they can be more male or female in nature. That would be what determines where one is in these, again admittedly not useful labels, but they are good to fence in the topic / domain.

It could be the chemical setup that influences what we call female or male, what we perceive as that, naturally without any influence. Like colors, to name one example. Pink is girlish, but is it? That's a whole different "rabbit hole" to explore.

are women more masculine today and males more feminine? Physically?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Depends how you define "more". Certainly "more" evidently because of the newer terms describing newer behavior (see thread).. but how much? It's a social construct, most of it depends how we define it. Is wearing makeup girlish as a man? What about other cultures where changing skin tone or adding tattoo or drawings to the face and body parts, that is all in perception with the culture we live within.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I am not sure if the term itself is only confined to young men. The man that coined it in 1995 is a journalist, so the definition depends on how one interprets his thoughts.

Sure his observations are confined to young men, as the trend was going on in that age group first.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Depends how you define "more". Certainly "more" evidently because of the newer terms describing newer behavior (see thread).. but how much? It's a social construct, most of it depends how we define it. Is wearing makeup girlish as a man? What about other cultures where changing skin tone or adding tattoo or drawings to the face and body parts, that is all in perception with the culture we live within.

I was talking more about physical features. Boobs, shoulders, facial hair.

Imagine there was some powerful force that could play a game on humans like that.
Its definitely a long game that takes generations to accomplish. Some power with the goal of slowly over time making men more feminine and women more masculine. What is such a basic nature, this power wants to disrupt that which leads to what?
A break down of ?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I suppose it depends on how young is 'young'.

David Beckham could be seen as a metrosexual even though he's now in his middle 40s.

Vanity about physical appearance in men is predominantly a youth obsession, I would say.

Men tend not to care about how they look as they leave their young days behind, with their beer guts and old man grey whiskers.

There's no way they would choose to look like that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join