It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TT2022 Going Sideways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The rain plopped and separated the oil rainbows on the greasy pavement.
I couldn't believe of all places on earth that is where my car decided to break down. That was the side of Milwaukee that all my coworkers warned me about, and there I was. It was April but still freezing. I called for my husband but he was working in office and pretty far away.

There was no way I was going to stay in my car like a sitting duck so I decided to wander out to a nearby cemetery.
Oddly I always heard that you didn't have to be afraid of the dead, the living were so much worse. I sent my text and got ready to wait. The cemetery was like something out of a horror movie. The headstones had been long neglected and were chipped and covered in moss, mud and time. It was oddly comforting to be there alone. I found a quiet place between two magestic pin oak trees and sat cross legged .

The second my body touched the earth weird things started to happen. At first I thought I was having a panic attack. I saw little bright lights, then swirls. I thought this was a terrible time to have a migraine with aura. The wind started whipping around me and I knew this wasn't normal.
The first thing that came to mind was Outlander. I laughed could this really be happening? No, yes! The only way I could explain what happened next was that I passed out yet was awakened immediately, as if everything transpired in a second.

I woke up and there was my husband and the police. They were fanning my face. I thought to myself it was all just a weird medical event. It wasn't until days, and then weeks later that I realized what had happed. We got home and it was my house, but it wasn't. Some things were recognizable and some weren't. At first it was small things, it was Jiff peanut butter instead of Jiffy. I read my niece a book and just stared at it. My eyes filled with tears as a room full of relatives stood frozen looking at me. I screamed where am I as the Bernstain Bears book dropped from my hand.

They all thought I was crazy. I was only crazy enough to know the truth. I had landed in another time that was parallel with ours. I realized life is like a play, and we are all puppets and we are put in different timelines. Most people assumed if there was a way to time travel you could only go back or forth. What they didn't realize is that most of us have been going sideways. Now if I could only figure out how to get back to my timeline.

edit on 11-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nice.

"wrong side of town"

When I was working and had to travel for training, I would try to find a hotel near the training site, and then go there and return on foot. In the USA, that is an uncommon thing to do.

I occasionally ran into "characters" that way. Some people stared at me in my business casual clothing just walking along, but people were always cordial. Maybe I looked a bit like an anachronism to them.

Gotta say, walking was great. Beat rush hour traffic and didn't need a rental car.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Please continue, perfect outline for a book....Very Good. Thanks!

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

When I was working and had to travel for training, I would try to find a hotel near the training site, and then go there and return on foot. In the USA, that is an uncommon thing to do.

We don't do it because it's a great way to end up missing, and probably not from time travel!

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

We don't do it because it's a great way to end up missing, and probably not from time travel!

Not something I would recommend for women.

It was amusing at times. That was when I learned the "mandatory shrub-lines" around corporations serve a purpose other than being nice greenery.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for your Short Story Submission.

Goodluck in the Contest,
Johnny

new topics

top topics

join