It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of an Ancient Advanced civilization that spanned the Globe

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

There is a fact that all DNA found in South America before 9,000 years ago has no relation to the current population but were related to the Clovis population. Which means something wiped out almost the entire population because South America was resettled by the current indigenous people who have no relation to the previous Clovis settlements.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And this was stated on how the temples were built
"For the house, while it was being built, was built of stone
prepared at the quarry; and there was no hammer nor ax nor
any tool of iron heard in the house while it was being built," it
says in the Book of Kings.
"The stones moved of their own accord; they flew and rose up
by themselves, establishing themselves in the Temple wall
and built it,"

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcsnacks77

There is a fact that all DNA found in South America before 9,000 years ago has no relation to the current population but were related to the Clovis population. Which means something wiped out almost the entire population because South America was resettled by the current indigenous people who have no relation to the previous Clovis settlements.

Yes. First contact with Columbus and Spain wiped out most of them. My understanding is that the majority of tribes that crossed Beringia in the 1st or 2nd wave (such as those related to Clovis) were wiped out on First Contact with the Spanish.

For example, tribes in Florida. There were dozens who vanished on First Contact. The Spanish made contact. Traded. Made maps. Wrote down names of tribes they met. Then went back to Spain. And the King and Queen claimed those lands.

Then the Spanish went back. The tribes they met were gone. They had no immunity to European diseases, whether it be the flu, the cold, or smallpox.

Same for tribes in Texas thru Arizona. We know the Spanish had first contact prior to Cortez because there was an expedition and the maps, names of peoples made it back to Spain. The King and Queen claimed those mapped lands. (including the rivers and canals in central Arizona made by Hohokam). On the Arizona expedition, the Spanish died as well. Smallpox. They gave the maps and info to a Catholic monk. The maps given back to Spain. When Cortez was sent to take the mapped lands, the Hohokam and all other tribes in Texas, New Mexico related genetically to Clovis were wiped out. Gone.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte]

Plato never had Critias say that Solon had named the priest. Names given to the priest were given in later years by commentors - both pro and con - on Plato's works.
Good to know. It's amazing how many people will argue about Atlantis that have never even read Plato.
Have you used this site?
www.perseus.tufts.edu...

It's helping me to learn to read it in Greek. I haven't kept up with the learning though - maybe two or three weeks out of a year. Too busy.
You gotta play around with the settings on the right side to see what I mean.

Harte

I love that PerseusTuft site. But it isn't the best way to learn Greek, especially if using the English translation, or rather MISTRANSLATION of Plato.

There are stories about floods all around the world. But it's not one flood. They are stories of different floods, different coasts, different time spans.

Hindu stories are about Dwaraka and other sunken cities.

Biblical stories of floods are about sunken cities in the Persian Gulf, sunken cities along Levant/Palestine coast and sunken cities in the Suez and Nile Delta.

Plato is Greek. Greeks colonized delta Egypt. Solon is more of a Greek priest talking about what happened to Greek sunken islands.

Therefore, Plato's story is about a GREEK sunken island IN THE AEGEAN. Around the 1800s, the British tried to steal the story to claim it as theirs. Plato was not British. But to steal Plato's story, the British INVENTED the word "Atlantis" and "Altantides" to claim the story was about the Atlantic. Those words were NEVER in the original Greek story, thus it is a 200 year old English MISTRANSLATION, repeated over and over.

In the original Greek story, the island before it sunk was called ATLAS, a Greek god. When the island sunk, it became 7 smaller islands or Atlas' daughters.

There's no Atlantic in the story. Just Atlas and his 7 daughters. The story is GREEK about a sunken island in the Aegean.

It has nothing to do with the British, Plato was not British talking about islands in the Atlantic where the British Isles were, and Plato never used the word Atlantic, nor Atlantis, nor Atlantides. The British made up those words in mistranslation to steal the Greek story from Plato.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

That would have been later. There was something that wiped them out before contact with the Spaniards. And There’s no trace of smallpox in their DNA. It was likely a comet or asteroid that landed in the Pacific. The Clovis people found in New Mexico were sitting around a fire and were eating the hind quarter of a type of maybe a wooly mammoth, might be wrong about the animal. But they were killed by a catastrophic event that buried them as they slept around a campfire.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I see your point, and there’s no doubt that Thera event would have been catastrophic in the med area, I myself have visited Knossos on Crete and seen the effects of the Giant tsunami from this that wiped out the Minoans. Truly awful .
But Plato clearly states in T&C that ..

“ For these histories tell of a mighty power which unprovoked made an expedition against the whole of Europe and Asia, and to which your city put an end. This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent.”

I’m still amazed that the “other continent “ is mentioned , that could be reached from these sunken islands . Do our modem history teachings about the Ancient Greeks say that they knew of South America?
And I’m not sure it’s right to derail the thread with the science surrounding the Mid-Atlantic ridge , Azores plateau , dredging results bringing up shallow water fossils, shorelines and rocks that were exposed to the air, isostatic adjustments post ice age , and the fact that a triple plate junction exists there.
Peer reviewed papers show the mid Atlantic ridge and surrounding seamounts have had several episodes of vertical uplift AND sinking .
There is science that matches Platos description and timeframe . Coincidence ? You decide!!

Ps- I also agree that many localised but large events occurred , not all at the same time , but as a result of post ice age melt.
Harte and Hans would argue there was ‘no end of the world event ‘ that occurred simultaneously, but what they fail to comprehend is that to each of these localised cultures , it WAS ‘the end of the world ‘ to each one of them.
Dismissing the rise of sea levels world wide , the drowning of coastal existence worldwide is blinkered and foolish .

edit on 1-3-2022 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2022 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

One definition of Atlas in Greek means “he who carries.”
The other is “very enduring”
Atlas is also the father of the evening and sunset nymphs known as the Hesperides and sometimes, coined as the Atlantides, after their father, in other stories.
Plato even described Atlantis as having been founded by descendants from Atlas’ lineage. This idea may have first come about due to Horus, the Egyptian god of kingship and power, who also bore the name atlas and held one side of Earth while standing upon another half-woman/half-serpent deity called Tefnut. Which in Babylonian is referred to as Enuma Elish with Tiamat. Paleo-Hebrew Raqia. And in English as firmament.
The bottom line is all are the same story with the names changed with some being more fantastically told.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
If you are able to carve and move a 16,000 pound stone,
surely you have the technology for masonry using a 1 pound bricks.

So, why does man build public works using 16,000 pound stones?

Because there is something outside the walls that can move a 15,000 pound stone.

Love that post man

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

One definition of Atlas in Greek means “he who carries.”
The other is “very enduring”
Atlas is also the father of the evening and sunset nymphs known as the Hesperides and sometimes, coined as the Atlantides, after their father, in other stories.
Plato even described Atlantis as having been founded by descendants from Atlas’ lineage.

No. Plato doesn't say anything like that.

You give the appearance of being very confused.

Harte

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   

("Plato's Dialogues," ii., 617, Timæus.)
I’m never confused.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

Professor of the history of science at MIT, Giorgio de Santillana,in his book, Hamlet's Mill, finds that many ancient cultures knew of the slow movement of the stars across the sky; the observable result of the precession of the equinox. This 700 page book, co-authored by Hertha von Dechend, makes reference to approximately 200 myths from over 30 ancient cultures that refer to the motion of the heavens, some of which are thought to date to the neolithic period.

Identifying alignments of monuments with solar, lunar, and stellar phenomena is a major part of archaeoastronomy. Stonehenge is the most famous of many megalithic structures that indicate the direction of celestial objects at rising or setting.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Satan and his spawn are an ancient soon to be extinct race. The serpent seed created cosmetic surgery and the transgender agenda to make it easier for them to appear like man. Man has now been corrupted by seed of satan and will be in for a rude awakening in the very very very near future. The technology that they have can kill maim and read your thoughts among other things. Mind control is their greatest weapon allowing them to to program you like a reptile by exercising that area of your brain along with messing with your gender by exposing and programming men with female attributes and vice a versa. Hence the rise of the demonic Karen and the fall of man. Look Ukraine, look Russia, look Corona. Seriously look at your own serpent seed leaders and crush them with Christ.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ARCofthecovenANT

I have no thoughts to hide, for I speak what I think.
Mind Control only has power over the weak minded.
Mans weakness with self control is its downfall. For the Devil only makes the offer, Man decides if he takes it or not. Be humble and have faith.

Never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Dear all,

Concerning this theory of ancient, lost, technologically advanced civilizations, I always have a question that puzzles me. How come that nowadays (our time) we find precious metals (gold, silver, uranium, ....) in veins or located at certain places so that we can mine it. Indeed, I could imagine that these past advanced civilization would have exploited these resources (as we do today) and so we would find these today spread across the entire world and not concentrated in certain locations.
I can imagine that if today, there would be a 'catastrophy' that would erase the entire population, within 100.000 years from now (let's say), the next civilization that would arise, would have difficulties to find these resources concentrated into specific locations.
Now, I'm not geologist, so maybe someone could tell me that indeed, with enough time and natural events (glaciations, volcanos eruptions, etc) diamonds, gold, uranium, ... will come back to their original state (not transformed) and (re)concentrate on specific places?
Happy to read any reply or thoughts about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Plato even described Atlantis as having been founded by descendants from Atlas’ lineage.

Plato is describing a location. The greater island of Atlas sunk from which sprang 7 daughters (smaller islands). It's a play. A metaphor.

We all agree that at the last glacial maximum that sea levels were minus -110 to -125 meters below present sea level, right?

This is the coastline of the island Atlas during the Mesolithic (minus -90 meters below present) when it was colonized by boat groups from the Dodecanese. ALL Cyclades Islands were colonized by boat groups during the Mesolithic.

During the time of Plato, the coast line of the islands were minus -15 meters to minus -20 meters below sea level. At which time, the 7 daughters of Atlas are...
1. Naxos
2. Paros
3. Ios
4. Keros
5. Koufonissia
6. Schinoussa
7. Iraklia

Atlas, the greater island, gave birth to 7 daughter islands.

This idea may have first come about due to Horus, the Egyptian god of kingship and power, who also bore the name atlas and held one side of Earth while standing upon another half-woman/half-serpent deity called Tefnut. Which in Babylonian is referred to as Enuma Elish with Tiamat. Paleo-Hebrew Raqia. And in English as firmament.

Hon. That is mixing together deities of different civilizations who did not worship the same deities.

During the Mesolithic, Cyclades islands, Crete and Cyprus were colonized by boat groups. These early pre-Greeks worshipped Titan deities. The deities BEFORE Zeus was born.

Some of these pre-Greeks moved into delta Egypt. Delta Egypt was a melting pot of different groups of different origins. But these pre-Greeks did not worship Tefnut. They worshipped Titan Rhea in her earlier Serpent form.

Tefnut is an Egyptian Queen who ruled with her brother Pharoah Shu. After she died, she was deified thru ancestor worship of the Egyptians. Queen Tefnut and Pharoah Shu were flesh and blood like you and I. Giza 2 is her pyramid. Pharoah Shu is the Sphinx.

Greeks never worshipped Tefnut and Shu because they weren't their ancestors.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

I’m still amazed that the “other continent “ is mentioned , that could be reached from these sunken islands . Do our modem history teachings about the Ancient Greeks say that they knew of South America?

No. The Romans did a pretty good job of erasing Egyptian history and history of a lot of Greek islands. So many islands where when Romans invaded their put all inhabitants on their boats and shipped them off as slaves to other parts of the Roman Empire.

On top of that, the Catholic church erased history of such groups and so did Muslims invading Aegean islands.

There is a written record of a Pharoah Thothmes III, who rounded up a group of survivors from Thira (aka Kalliste, aka Santorini) to send them off to other colonies in the Americas. But the Egyptian/Thira-Kalliste convoy went by boat thru the Suez, across the Indian Ocean and the Pacific.

Clearly some Greek island colonies had previously made it to the Americas to form colonies. Also Siracusans from Sicily made it to America.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

("Plato's Dialogues," ii., 617, Timæus.)
I’m never confused.

Yep. You're not just confused, you are ridiculously confused.
Not only that, you've just inadvertently informed us that, not only have you never read the two dialogues, but that you don't even know the story of the fictional place you're talking about.
You may possibly not even know who Atlas was - either Atlas. I mean, you obviously are unaware that the Atlas in Plato's allegory was a man (descended from Poseidon,) and the Atlas you're referring to was a Titan.

Harte

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Why would we would all agree to a cause that can’t be proven? And a time period that with such a broad range leads to more possibilities due to the thousands of factors that affect the world geography? We can agree that these places were above sea level at some point.
Whoa! Shu and Tefnut were twin deities. Not flesh and blood. They were believed to be gods that created wind/sky and water or the expanse between earth and heaven.
The Greeks worshipped the same Gods as the Egyptians, they just changed their description of them. Like how religions are today. Some worship Allah, some God, some Jesus,some buddah, all are a considered higher power or creator

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Critias in the dialogue is often identified as oligarch Critias, who was one of the thirty tyrants Sparta set to rule Athene in 404 BC, who were in power for eight months before the democracy was restored to Athene. Most famously Critias tells the tale of Atlantis. Hermocrates was from Syracusa, where Plato tried to create his ideal society.
Before the Fall in their Greek legend,told of a lost island of Atlantis and of a giant who contained the world in the figure of Atlas, the Titan who bears the world on his back, a perfect image of the fallen Albion with nature outside him and pressing upon him. Atlantis, according to Plato’s Critias, was settled by the Greek god Poseidon, whose eldest son was Atlas: this corresponds to the English tradition, preserved in Spenser, that Albion, the eponymous ancestor of England, was by the Romans, son of Neptune:

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:46 AM
link   
These monuments exist all over Earth, from Egypt, to the Americas, to Easter Island, in Asia, and in Europe.

They all are massive structures, using extremely heavy stones, and NONE can be accounted for who built them, when they were built, or HOW they were built.

We've always wondered about how they were built, who built them, when they were built, why they were built.

If we have to ask how they were built, they weren't built by humans, because we don't ask how any other structures were built, or care about WHO built them, or why they built them, or when they built them, and some of them, we do NOT know who built them, when they were built, and/or why they were built.

If we can build them today, they don't ask how they were built, because WE can build them today, and nobody asks how THEY built them back then, it's not relevant, anyway.

So why do we ask how the Great Pyramid was built? Why ask how the Easter Island statues were built?

Why would we have to ask how all those monuments were built, if humans built them, since countless OTHER structures were built by humans, yet we don't wonder HOW they were built, because HUMANS built those structures.

If we figured out these structures are aligned to the stars, or the Sun's cycles, or so forth, it means those who built them, had more knowledge than humans of the day, or perhaps, that there WERE no humans there, at the time they were built.

We aren't asking the right questions about those monuments here. We didn't build them, the ancient race of giants did, who were called the Nephelim, in the ancient texts.

A fascinating issue, for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join