It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cali’s Revenge On Tesla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

The DFEH said Black employees were frequently exposed to racial slurs and graffiti, with one worker saying they heard such slurs 50 to 100 times per day. "Black workers are subjected to racial slurs and discriminated against in job assignments, discipline, pay, and promotion creating a hostile work environment," said Kish.

This is crap, 100% crap. I’m not in love with Musk but we know he burned California hard. He actually may have been the big spark in the exodus from California, which I hear is still bleeding residents.

So back to the story. Anyone that has ever worked for a Very large company, knows what I’m going to point out. Just for info Tesla has apx 70K employees. So you have a big company, and there are many layers of employees. Even with affirmative action, and all the diversity protocols there will be a separation in races. Not 100% but I’m talking averages!

Most top levels (CEO’s executive suite, directors) of companies are white men, usually the lowest rungs of a company are comprised of various minority groups. In this case it was Black employees. What do you want to bet that a vast majority of the “slurs” was banter between people of the same color? What do you want to bet that the job assignment, discipline and pay were all fair/normal throughout the organization and well documented? Trust me, these companies have hoards of HR on staff just to look at this stuff.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I’m not in love with Musk but we know he burned California hard. He actually may have been the big spark in the exodus from California, which I hear is still bleeding residents.

California burned itself with their policies, taxes, and crime. The state's population has been in decline for years. Since 2000 it has experienced its slowest growth rates ever recorded. In 2020 the state lost about 300k, and while Musk announced Tesla's relocation of its headquarters in May of that year, the trend was already ongoing. So pinning this on Musk or Tesla in any capacity is some pretty thick hyperbole.

Beyond that, I would be almost certain sure the slurs were between same race groups or closely knit friends and said in gest or without malice. Otherwise that type of language tends to escalate beyond words pretty quickly, especially if said with anger or malice behind them.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Beyond that, I would be almost certain sure the slurs were between same race groups or closely knit friends and said in gest or without malice. Otherwise that type of language tends to escalate beyond words pretty quickly, especially if said with anger or malice behind them.

What people don’t realize, is that they are their own worst enemy. I’m sure someone offered them a payday to “complain”. What will happen is Tesla will completely move out and people will dream of those kinds of jobs.
It has happened in so many places. It happened to a place I worked, but not for issues like this.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm not really a fan of Musk, but he'd have my support if he wanted to move all of his operations out of California. I bet Texans would love to have those jobs.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm not really a fan of Musk, but he'd have my support if he wanted to move all of his operations out of California. I bet Texans would love to have those jobs.

I heard there is some big shake ups happening in all the ritzy areas in California. It’s just not the “it” place anymore.
I hope he does move it all out.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I don't think Tesla could move entirely out anytime soon. They've invested too much in their Freemont facility and a competitor would like not miss the opportunity to use the space. There's probably some tax incentives or contractual obligations they're need to finish first as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

I don't think Tesla could move entirely out anytime soon. They've invested too much in their Freemont facility and a competitor would like not miss the opportunity to use the space. There's probably some tax incentives or contractual obligations they're need to finish first as well.

Other places might meet or beat any obligations they have if they moved.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

"Racism" has lost its value thanks to the left... Anytime i hear it now .. I laugh and dismiss it ..

This being another example.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I doubt it. Tesla has been exempt from property taxes for a few years now to a total of at least a couple billion dollars. I'm sure there's a clause in there saying they need to stay on the property for X number of years to offset that with payroll and other taxes. I doubt anyone would want to pick up that tab.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm against racism. And it exists to be sure.

Sometimes I wonder though about these widespread claims of explicit racism in America, today, in one company. I have no doubt some is occuring. But, due to modern culture, media, and yes HR, most people even closet racists generally will try to not be overt about it. In my experience, working in a lot of different orgs, I have yet to see widespread overtly racist behavior. 50 years ago? Sure.

That doesn't mean there isn't subtle discrimination or behavior.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

"Racism" has lost its value thanks to the left... Anytime i hear it now .. I laugh and dismiss it ..

This being another example.

But especially claiming there were daily slurs 50 times a day. That just doesn't sound realistic at Tesla, lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Tesla probably has extensive security footage.

I would love for any of that to go to court.

When the evidence comes out, those people will get roasted alive on the stand.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Looks to me, Musk's Tesla has a pretty big operation in Texas.

Tesla Texas UToob

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Update!
Tesla is going to fight fight fight!
www.yahoo.com...

"Over the past five years, the DFEH has been asked on almost 50 occasions by individuals who believe they were discriminated against or harassed to investigate Tesla. On every single occasion, when the DFEH closed an investigation, it did not find misconduct against Tesla," the blog post stated.

top topics

join