It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dame Cressida Dick is to Resign as Met Police Chief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is breaking news so not much detail but following the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan saying he no longer had faith in the Commissioner it's understood that the worst police chief in living memory is to resign probably with immediate effect , I can hear the sighs of relief from Londoners from where I am in the Midlands.

Crime in London is out of control I can only hope that the incompetent Tory government can find a replacement with the ability to bring the Met back under control and make the streets of London safer then they are at present.

Today is a good day.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick is leaving her role, the BBC has been told.

It comes just hours after Dame Cressida insisted she had "absolutely no intention" of stepping down.

Dame Cressida, who has been in the role for four years, has faced multiple controversies during her career.

Last week, the police watchdog reported "disgraceful" misogyny, discrimination and sexual harassment among some Met PCs.

In a statement, London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he was "not satisfied" with Dame Cressida's response to the report, and that she pledged to "stand aside" as a result.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Goodbye and good riddance.

I've put this in Breaking Political News because the Met police chief is a political appointment and the only reason she's lasted this long is because of the incompetent Johnson government.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Even other police forced often sneer down there noses at the Met, it is known as the most corrupt police force in the country or was known as such even though most other forces have had there share of corrupt officers right up to the chief constable's.

I would not condemn ever single officer though, it is hard to get on in the police if you are not part of the clique though.

Remember that guy from Manchester police whom supposedly topped himself by committing suicide by pill's booze and hypothermia on the side of Snowdon, apparently it was done to him and covered up because he was investigating corruption inside the greater Manchester police force that went very high and into political circles or so I heard.

edit on 10-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good riddance.

She was a political appointment, ticked all the 'right' boxes at the time.
Public confidence in The Met - and by extension the police in general - has eroded during her time in the role. A lot of that is a direct result of decisions she has made and policies she's introduced.

The Metropolitan Police need to start concentrating on solving and dealing with real crimes and stop pandering to the woke agenda and politicians.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
AND because she was a woman. Can't be sexist you know.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

.... it is hard to get on in the police if you are not part of the clique though.

Very true.
But unfortunately the same can be said about the military, politics, judiciary, Civil Service, clergy and almost every sector of life in the UK.
The glass ceiling is as prevalent today as its always been.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

AND because she was a woman.

Oh please.
If she was competent it wouldn't matter what sex she was but the facts over the years of her tenure show she was not up to the job , for me it was mindboggling that she got the appointment following her incompetence that led to an innocent man being shot 7 times in the head by Met police on a tube train , she only got the job because she was a woman and London has suffered for it.

edit on 10-2-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

And a lesbian.....and an Oxford graduate - the same college Boris and Cameron went to.

Ticks the PC boxes....but very much part of The Establishment.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Why are you being so sexist?

Just wondering if that defense has been used yet. . . .

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If someone is the right person for the job then of course it shouldn't matter what race/sex/creed/sexuality they are.....but she quite clearly wasn't the right person for the job.
One can only assume she got it because of other 'considerations'.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just wondering if that defense has been used yet

It has , unsurprisingly.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I hope Sadiq Khan will follow her soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out Cressida.

edit on 10-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"Dame Cressida Dick" with a name like that I bet she's got a side job

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hah she's getting blamed for things that happened whist she was in charge but wasn't directly involved with....

Starmer. Saville.

Next.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

She was in charge and head honcho with ultimate responsibility, "the buck stops here" springs to mind.

As to the "Starmer. Saville" thing well it seems to have backfired for Boris and after all.

Terresa May. Missing paedophile dossiers.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper
I hope Sadiq Khan will follow her soon.

Amen. Another incompetent clown.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Incompetence is the way it seems.

She gets a £575,000 pay-off, AND £160,000 a year pension.

Ok she did 30 years service and held a high position, also police pay in 14% of their wages in to the pension pot per year.
But the sheer amount of major failures and incompetence (at least 6) by this woman in any of her positions is beyond ridiculous.

The worst one for me was Jean Charles de Menezes, the brazilian shot 7 times by plain-clothed police (not in uniform) in the head on a train. She may not have pulled the trigger but she was in charge at the time. The family have still not had any justice

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

He investigated the CIA torture flights.

Michael Todd, chief constable of Greater Manchester, is to pursue allegations that CIA planes, known to have landed in Britain, carried terrorist suspects "rendered" to secret interrogation centres elsewhere.
www.theguardian.com...

Paul McKeever, chairman of the Police Federation died from a "suspected embolism" shortly before he was due to retire. He had assured us he would increase his fight to protect the public after his retirement.

Presumably Cressida restrained herself to earn merely a forced retirement.

I don't believe it was a police who shot the Brazilian electrician.
edit on 12 2 2022 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

£575,000 for failure to do your job???!!!

The pension fair enough, she put in her time, but she sure don't deserve more than half a million bucks for complete and utter failure and incompetence in spades!

Why the hell this nation chooses to reward failure is quite frankly beyond me especially at that sort of level as the example it sets is farcical in the extreme.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

She was going to always get the half a million even if she quit after a year.

There is a lesson for all of us there, if given a contract in the public sector (obviously depending on the job and status), negotiate, even if asking for the ridiculous, the worst they can say is no. That is why council tax is so high, gold plated pensions for all in top or near the top jobs, usually sitting behind a desk all day.

A horrible thought to me when applying for a job these days, but maybe even pretend to be gay (unless you are), ticking boxes seems to be any employers aim for some reason rather than the best person for job.

The world is backwards. Am i right or wrong in my thoughts? Let me know

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join