It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reiki Massage Yea or Nay?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
There was a great episode of penn and tellers bull s@@@ that covered new age healing. I have two friends who are reiki masters. They’ve tried reiki on me and it did nothing. I think if you believe it will help then it will.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So I had a Reiki session.

The place I went to doesn’t advertise, it’s more of a you find us type of place. It took a long time for my appointment. I made it in February.

The lady that did my Reiki session was very unassuming. A typical grandmotherly looking lady.
It very much seemed like it was going to be a light massage…………

I couldn’t have been more wrong, and nothing could have prepared me for what happened.

Like IAMTAT, I had bizarre releases of emotion. I hate crying, but there I was crying. She pushed some areas and it was almost instant. That was nothing compared to what happened next.

We were talking about what is going on in my life and my past. I have a relative that I was forced into a parent type of role for. I absolutely was bitter because of it. You know parents that have too many kids and then the older kids have to raise the younger ones types of things. Well I was part of that. It’s never been a big problem as I have a lot of love to give, until recently. This relative got jealous of one of my own children and it made me quite upset. My kids are my everything. So now you’ve heard the background. The Reiki master asked me if I wanted to cut the umbilical string/attachment to that person, Heck yea I said. I’ve read this cuts unhealthy ties, I was all for it.

She didn’t touch me. She swirled her hands above me and in almost an instant, I felt as if I was on a spinning boat, my head was spinning more than any drunkeness I’ve ever experienced. I could feel a weird feeling in my stomach, I screamed stop, I’m soooo dizzzy. She screamed stay STRONG. I did, and she chopped the air. I instantly stopped spinning and felt better, and could breathe better. I simultaneously laughed and cried. I said “I was not expecting that”. I have a very open mind, but this defied all reason. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed and cried at the same time. It was so weird.

Ok.. I know this sounds totally bizarre and out there.. I can honestly say it was one of the weirdest most supernatural things I’ve ever experienced in my life. There are just some things we can’t explain.

We later talked about some antiques I had in my house and she suggested smudging. I told her I am an amateur, to which she laughed and said you are an old soul and you know a lot more than you are letting on.
I was taken aback by that.

I would say without a doubt my session was worth it, and I would highly recommend it. I felt a lot better after, lighter.
Although parts were very bizarre, I didn’t feel scared or creeped out. I think my Reiki master is the real deal, and that makes a huge difference.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
My sister gifted me with a reiki massage soon after a bad break up of a relationship. I went in thinking I was getting a massage because I had never heard of reiki. When the practitioner explained reiki to me, I was a little disappointed. 10 minutes into my session completely changed my mind. The reiki practitioner didn't touch me physically but the sensations I was feeling were extremely powerful. She was hovering around my head but I felt my feet being massaged...I even opened my eyes thinking someone snuck in the room and was touching my feet but no one was there. The best way I can describe what I felt is that there were strong magnets pulling through my fingers down into my feet. Since then, I started meditating and can actually get that sensation back and it really grounds me when I need it

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Collegevillain

The other weird thing was this lady's hands got super hot, like unaturally hot and then cold.
I asked her and she said it is all energy.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It sounds like you were pretty surprised by your reiki session. It's awesome isn't it? There are a few meditation videos on YouTube that I listen to that bring me back to the sensations I get from reiki.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am so glad you took the plunge Jag and gave it a go.
There's no religion attached to Reiki.
As to the 'hot hands'. A long time ago an experiment was undertaken with soma monks, I don't remember which ones. They attached temperature sensors to the palms of their hands similar to the ones used in astronauts suits so they are super sensitive. These monks were so super proficient in controlling their chi, they could make one hand extremely hot and the other super cold. The problem was, the sensors could not pick it up.
A similar experiment was done where sensors were put on the recipients body. We all know if we put our own hand on a part of our body, it will begin to feel warmer than the surrounding area. That could be detected with the sensors. However, when Reiki was happening, the recipients skin got warm but the sensors picked up no change.
There are several 'versions' of Reiki, some are hands on (like myself) others practice 'hands off'.
Rei'ki means Universal Energy. I bet Tesla would have understood it!
Professor Usui was a Christian Theologian at a local University. The story goes a student asked him why Jesus could heal people but us mere mortals couldn't.
This question disconcerted Usui and he went off up a mountain for days on end to contemplate. Much like the Native American tradition of of a Shamanic Death.
Anyway, in his 'disconnected state' he received symbols and the rest is history.
I always say there are many complementary therapies out there and we all have to find the one that works with us.
As Einstein said, and I paraphrase "The future of medicine is frequencies. Match that energy and that is all there is to it".
Tesla said something similar " If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of Energy, Frequency & Vibration”.
Rainbows
Jane
PS, I had a client once who said if my hands got any hotter they should attach me to the National Grid (as we call our electrical supply in the UK) when I was giving her a physical hands on massage. The Reiki just decided to go into super charge mode for some reason.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: DAVID64
Oh, it aint the one with loads of oil and naked bodies then. I'm very disappointed.

thai hot oil message!

even my doc likes them. lol.

i got acupuncture for my lower back, i couldn't bend over at all. and was in pain for days.

1 session and next day i was 100%! been a year now.

reiki sounds like the rest of eastern healing. yoga, chakra, meditation. tai chi.

if it works, great!
i believe the theory of life force channel flow is sound. it's in the way it's manipulated that's important to the individual and belief in the healer.

TM helped me hugely with my anxieties and drugs as a teen. i use it for insomnia now when i need it.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think there is no way to tell for sure what will happen without taking the plunge.

I haven't had this done because I haven't come across a free session and don't have much money to spare. I would be willing to do a free session.

I'm glad your session impressed you.
edit on 21-5-2022 by WalkingHolic because: mentioned something

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

That was brave of you, I'm glad you found something worthwhile.
I second her intuition that you are an old soul... Keep looking inwards and beyond the "you", you know. Everything is there

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join