It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reiki Massage Yea or Nay?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

They may have felt they were getting something positive and more than a massage, but it seemed--to me--that they invited something into their lives that tended more towards disruption than overall peace.

This!
I am very protective of my.. um..being, for example, I refuse to do hypnosis etc.
I was ignorant on reiki an just wanted to hear some thoughts on it, and just like what I’ve read this thread has shown just about half and half.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: JAGStorm

Reiki, done properly, can have some interesting effects on your emotions.

Like what?
If you’ve had it done please elaborate?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My wife has had them and has had a couple levels of training in Reiki.

The absolute best way I can describe it is to say it is the "thoughts and prayers" of massage/healing techniques. Just as with being on the receiving end of thoughts and prayers, the recipient's state of mind, degree of belief, and overall attunement is going to be the primary factor in whether it's beneficial or yields no results. The practitioner will channel healing energies, focusing on muscles as well as emotional centers of the body which are causing pain, inflammation, unrest, etc. This centers on the eastern beliefs that energy needs to be able to travel freely through the body and through the chakras. (although I don't know for certain if Reiki embraces chakra healing, the two are intertwined in theory if not in name) Pain and/or inflammation result when there is a "clog" somewhere in those energy pathways or when a chakra gets so overwhelmed that it can no longer properly function... Reiki pushes energy through the clog.

The "entities" drama from critics part of this is sort of overblown in my opinion. It's not like someone is calling on demons or anything even remotely close to it. It's a lot more like Catholics believing in guardian angels, intervention of deceased saints, and seeking the intentions of their dead ancestors. In other words, call it Catholicism and nobody in the west bats an eye about it, but call it Reiki and suddenly it conjures irrational fears of eastern cultic activity amongst the westerners.

Overall, it's going to depend on you. If you open yourself to the idea and also focus your energies during the massage you will have a great experience. If not, then you'll waste your time.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

As a current advertisement for Nissan automobiles states, "You are an electric vehicle".

The nerves in our body operate via electrochemical processes. When electric energy flows through our nervous system it creates an electromagnetic field. This "body field" can, and is, influenced by any, and everything, that affects electrochemical impulses flowing through our nervous system.

You may be too young to remember tape and/or video recorders, but, as I understand it, and have experienced it, Reiki works in a similar way: the body is the "magnetic tape" upon which information is "encoded", the Reiki practioner serves as the "read/write head" of the "device"; correcting any "static" or distortion in the flow of the body field.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Like what?

Yes.
After my wife passed away, I started working out a great deal and got regular massages.

One day, my masseuse was out and I had a replacement.
She said she did Reiki.
Never having had it before, I said okay.

She concentrated on my abdomen area...and, without warning...and with no prior thoughts of anything...I burst out in tears and waves of sadness.
I began crying profusely.

It was totally unexpected and embarrassing.

She said I had (unknowingly) stored a great deal of grief in my solar plexus ...and she gave it a path to be released.
It was the craziest and completely surprising thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

You may be too young to remember tape and/or video recorders,

That’s precious. I remember vinyl, 8-track, and when houses only had one tv with three channels and it was Black and white!

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

She concentrated on my abdomen area...and, without warning...and with no prior thoughts of anything...I burst out in tears and waves of sadness. I began crying profusely. It was totally unexpected and embarrassing. She said I had (unknowingly) stored a great deal of grief in my solar plexus ...and she gave it a path to be released. It was the craziest and completely surprising thing.

Oh wow, thanks for sharing. I worry about this too because I don’t know if I have fully digested the loss of several family members. I’ve had many many tears, but there is still a lot of grief.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Like what?

When those energies flow freely through the chakras or emotional centers, you'll sometimes find yourself crying like a baby and have no idea why. In my wife's experience, the emotional side of Reiki is almost always been very positive and, if a negative emotional state or energy is discovered, the Reiki master will send it away.

To be sure, one potential outcome of Reiki is identification of negative attachments. Again, this is little different from the Catholic belief in demonic oppression or even possession. As we move through life, negative spirits and negative energies can and do attach themselves to us and they frequently cause discomfort and illness. A Reiki master will encounter these as the attachments interfere with the energy flow. There may be "homework" assignments directed towards detaching these dark attachments. That homework usually involves frequent meditation, smudging, claiming yourself and your space... but can sometimes also involve decluttering your home and even getting rid of something specific which the energy is also attached to (for example a family heirloom that the Reiki master identifies as the origin of the negative energy,)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

She concentrated on my abdomen area...and, without warning...and with no prior thoughts of anything...I burst out in tears and waves of sadness. I began crying profusely. It was totally unexpected and embarrassing. She said I had (unknowingly) stored a great deal of grief in my solar plexus ...and she gave it a path to be released. It was the craziest and completely surprising thing.

Oh wow, thanks for sharing. I worry about this too because I don’t know if I have fully digested the loss of several family members. I’ve had many many tears, but there is still a lot of grief.

It's worth having it done, then, Jags.
I had no idea I was carrying all that grief energy inside me...let alone inside my stomach muscles.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This group is such a treasure. ❤️
I can ask a weird question without any judgement and get totally honest answers based on personal experience.

It is very interesting what you said about family heirlooms..Ugg.. I already have a feeling about something that is very dear to me that was brought over right before my parents passed. Ugg Ugg Ugg. You know when you know, but you don’t want to know, because you know?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I've been arround a reiki practitioner since childhood and pretty aware of my energy. I never studied it in detail, but the technique is solid, and I use it regularly to arrange my energy.
once I went to a newbie gathering, just to see where I was standing, and I let 5 reiki students meddle with my energy. It was rather unpleasant. Felt like some fresh from uni teens were messing up my interior design.

So yes there is something to learn from it. it comes with a risk which I always try to assert before having energetic intercourse...

It's definitely worth it. Once you get the gist you'll be perfectly able to "massage" yourself.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This group is such a treasure. ❤️
I can ask a weird question without any judgement and get totally honest answers based on personal experience.

It is very interesting what you said about family heirlooms..Ugg.. I already have a feeling about something that is very dear to me that was brought over right before my parents passed. Ugg Ugg Ugg. You know when you know, but you don’t want to know, because you know?

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you're saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It's definitely worth it. Once you get the gist you'll be perfectly able to "massage" yourself
😳

Sorry, I had to, I’m immature like that! 🤣

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you're saying.

I’m not a person that is normally attached to things either. I think I’m attached to this thing because of the time it takes me back to. It is not valuable at all, just emotionally valuable to me.

On a side note, my mom knew she was dying. She gave me a lot of her jewelry when I was younger. It caused a family stir because she gave me a specific set that was not my birthstone but my siblings and that just rubbed them the wrong way. Then as an adult my other sibling asked me about it. I have a few pieces like that that have caused family upset not just to this generation but to the one before it and even before that.

I digress. So my mom was dying and she had all her jewelry. She told me the story of all the pieces and only wanted me to have the ones with happy memories attached. Here’s the bad/sad part.
She gave my sister all the ones with unhappy memories because she wanted her to split with her husband! She said they had sad or angry memories attached to them.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So, what do you make of Qi Gong, Tae Kwon Duo, Chi, Prana and other such energy movement systems?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Mantiss2021

You may be too young to remember tape and/or video recorders,

That’s precious. I remember vinyl, 8-track, and when houses only had one tv with three channels and it was Black and white!

Then I imagine you remember "rabbit ears" antennas? Remember having someone hold those things "just so" to get a clear picture on one of those three channels in b/w?

Yup, We Sing the Body Electric, for sure.

I remember using Reiki-like techniques with different people and picking up things like bones they had broken years earlier (felt like a "knot" or bump in their body field), over-worked or tense muscles felt colder than relaxed muscles, and I once was able to detect a minor heart murmur in a twenty-something friend of a friend that he had not thought about since childhood...or so he claimed.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Really... These techniques are quite intimate, if you ask me.

Uhm what are we talking about again?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Not doing Reikii as the people that do it I learned to know, are all manipulative #s. Same as lots of people into tarot and getting off on influencing others life with their bs.

However the laying on hands for reducing pain works for me on others, mostly for headaches or migraine. I wrote about it a few times and can dig out the post if you want how it works for me. And the results are speaking for themselves, otherwise I would not believe in it. Found out by mere accident, repeated it and it helps.

Placebo on the one that is in pain? Maybe but if it wors 3 from 4 times with immediate results, then I am confident advocating looking into CHI and what it can do.
edit on 10.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Reiki works well as a indicator of things beginning to go wrong because as already said it's picked up as "anomalies" during the session. It also depends on the Practitioner. It pays to be cautious about who you let into your energy, kinda like picking a Medical Doctor, or any other Professional. There are grifters and shysters an just plain lazy "phoning it in" folk in all fields.

As far as the comment about Reiki being able to fix broken bones, sigh, if you aren't complete tool it IS possible to use Therapeutic Touch or Reiki to minimize pain & swelling while you get to medical help. Unless of course you think you'll get a merit badge for toughing it out? LOL!!!!

No ones dismissing regular medical practices by exploring time tested methods used by eastern cultures.

I went awhile back and both myself and the Reiki Practitioner were stumped by one such anomaly. Fortunately it was a heads up for me to check it out with my Physician and found I had a rather nasty infection brewing in my colon.
Let the Reiki Practitioner know, which feedback is important, because they'd never run across it before. My Doc was surprised because something like that was not expected at that young an age and he actually admitted he would never have considered it despite my symptoms.
Reiki saw it, Doc ran tests, I spent 2 weeks in hospital.

So YES!!! Reiki can be a very good thing!!

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Love Reiki sessions. 2 friends, both Reiki Masters.

Most aura changing event one may experience w ones "flow".

Good luck, God bless

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join