It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reiki Massage Yea or Nay?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I love getting a massage and noticed a place near me offers something called
Reiki massage.

It seems pretty split down the middle between people that absolutely love/believe in it vs. people that think it’s fake all the way to people that say it is demonic.

Just curious if anyone here had had it done, or does it? I’m not the most religious person, but I also know there some “doors” should not opened. I also personally 100% believe that we are able to heal each other in mysterious ways. One time when I was sick I asked my daughters to think healing thoughts and give them to me. I absolutely without a doubt felt energy from one of them.

So is this a go or way too woo woo?

edit on 10-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I love Reiki sessions

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It isn't showing the whole comment on my reply.

Here is the rest.

I always feel much more balanced afterwards. I go to Cassadaga here in Florida.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I had someone offer to do that via Teams, I thought that was pretty funny.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I always feel much more balanced afterwards. I go to Cassadaga here in Florida.

I used to live a stones throw from there, passed it many many times.
Was always too chicken to go, maybe afraid to find out what I already know…

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

www.everydayhealth.com...

Reiki is a form of energy healing that originated in Japan in the early 20th century. (1) According to the International Center for Reiki Training, the practice is based on the idea that we all have an unseen “life force energy” flowing through our bodies. (2) A Reiki practitioner gently moves her hands just above or on the client’s clothed body, helping reduce stress and promote healing by encouraging a healthy flow of energy.

A " massage" where they even don't touch you ?
Sounds right up there with essential oils and healing crystals.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

essential oils

I find it so odd that people are so against essential oils.

Think of it like this, there is some kind of very strong mind connections with smells.
You smell a scent and it can take you back decades and bring back the most wonderful memories, or even awful ones.
A nice smell can take your mind to a different place, whereas a bad smell can make you miserable.
To think they have no effect… Well just ask all the Covid people that have lost their sense of smell, they are absolutely miserable!

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In my experience, there was no benefit from it. I believe it may have a lot to do with your state of mind. If you believe it will have a positive benefit, then it will.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was amazed by mine.
She was right on about everything, I felt better afterward, and had something very interesting happen, that there was no possible way she could have known about.

I do not speak about anything personal, before anything I consider "spiritually" involved. If they get something, they do, if they don't, they don't.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Oh, it aint the one with loads of oil and naked bodies then. I'm very disappointed.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have no problem with those who use them as a mood enhancer/elevator, but it's the one who swear they'll cure everything from cancer, diabetes, erectile dysfunction and athletes foot that bug me.
If I break my leg, I'm not rubbin' it with oil or waving crystals over it.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I read about thieves oil decades ago, before essential oils were even a thing. As the story goes, during the height of the Bubonic plague sweeping Europe and Asia, four thieves from Marseilles became famous for robbing the possessions of the infected dead - yet never caught the plague themselves.

Here's a site that has links to scientific research on essential oils:
juicygreenmom.ca... k-science-has-a-say/

The New Agers' believe that ones body is surrounded by their 'aura' that projects out about 1.5-2 feet, shaped like an upside down egg. I remember reading seeing this description in the Carlos Castaneda books long before New Age even existed.
The belief is illness, injury or negative forces can weaken and destroy the vital protection of ones' aura, which is needed for life to exist. Their way of healing is to imagine a persons aura as thick whipped cream, and as you pass your hands over the body, about one foot away, you will feel weak, thin or cold spots indicating a disruption of life forces. You use your hands to smooth this imaginary 'whipped cream' over the affected area.

Reiki sounds like the same type of thing, just using a different method and terminologies.

Many of the ancient healings and technics have been adapted and adopted by different groups.

I test for the truth in things I read and have tried many of the ancient healing ways.....especially on sick animals, such as the many wounded birds I've rescued throughout the years.

Alternative medicine has its place, which could be to enhance modern treatments- under a doctors supervision, of course.

Whether placebo effect, mind over matter, or something else I can't say. I just know it has worked for me, and I've never been harmed by any treatments. I'm not brave enough to try any of the medicinal treatments, though- morning coffee enema doesn't sound like a good practice for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You already know what I do, but I'm also what is known as a Reiki Master.
*No doubt DAVID64 will jump in. I'll deal with him later*

But what he quoted as a description is actually spot on.
*Just to clarify for DAVID64, yes it is classified as a massage, as is Kinesiology for example*

I am going to assume you are talking about the original Usui Reiki here. Just check the lineage of your local Reiki Therapist. Stay completely away from those who were attuned via a online course.
*it's not woo woo, it's based in physics*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
I'm very pleased your experiences have been good ones.
However, there is one thing I would like to correct, the link you gave to the scientific research is OK as far as the links go and at least the author acknowledges that there are many different formulations out there for Thieves.
The main problem is it was never a blend of Essential Oils, it was a combination of either the unspecified herbs stuffed into the 'beak' of the masks they wore. Rags soaked in what are termed vinegars of various herbs. Or it was an infused oil, as in plant material which has been steeped in an olive oil.
My biggest bug bear is that MLM companies like Young Living are useless with their safety. They don't tell you much about contraindications to oils etc. and don't get me started on their recommending internal ingestion and how to use them on children.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is stimulating the nerve system with vibrating and/or heat energy. Religions have a tendency to say it is good when you use their approved methods and bad if the tool is not theirs. Calling it Reiki or laying of hands do not change that it is the same thing quantum effect wise.

If you close you eyes and the person can push energy you will know exactly where the hands are from the senses in your body.

If you are sensitive to heat do not do the three Reiki pushers at the same time. They heat will not be enjoyable if they are effective.

Manipulating energy exist not matter if people believe it or not. Some people use it to attract lovers by just being around another person and they will push tingles (vibrating energy) into the person they are attracted to. Many people do it without being aware of what they are doing.

People can do this even if they are manipulative narcissists. So how good you are at energy manipulation do not mean you are Symbiotic to all and follow highest moral standards.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That was such a clear way of explaining it. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Personally, I'd dig more deeply into the practice and understanding the "entities" aspects of it before I made a decision, JAG.

I did have a session about 10-yrs ago, but more importantly in my view, I stepped back and looked to see if there was any notable positive effect in the lives of those immersed in the practice.

They may have felt they were getting something positive and more than a massage, but it seemed--to me--that they invited something into their lives that tended more towards disruption than overall peace.

My 2-cents YMMV.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Reiki, done properly, can have some interesting effects on your emotions.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What happens if you are devoid of those things?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What happens if you are devoid of those things?

Uncontrolled flatulence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join