It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pancreatic cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Not always I can do 12 days, this year I only did about 9 days and then I noticed it's better to stop now and slowly start to eat.

What you do is called intermitted fasting, right? You try eating inside a 6 hour window? I heard positive things about that and tried it too, it's just not working for me on a longer schedule as my window starts to shift. If I then don't eat inside the six hours, everything is turned upside down.

Yes sugar, I am guilty about it, on high drive most of the day and I burn calories fast. I tend to forget myself in work then and not look after myself and often skip breaks, as my day is kind of fluid anyways and multitasked between my shop, my daughter and waiving in ATS time while I wait for things to finish.

Just now I am waiting for a CNC/CAM simulation to run through and check out collisions... and gifted myself a coke because I had nothing to eat for a while and won't make noise in the kitchen now because of the kid

edit on 9.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: CAM not CAD

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: putnam6

I did some research on products of microbes that have anti-histamine properties, they are still tyramine chemistry, but just not histamine producing. The microbes that make Parmesan cheese supposedly produce anti-histamine chemistry, so do some of the strains of microbes that make sauerkraut and Kimchi. But Sauerkraut does still give me a tyramine headache, but sometimes different kimchi's do and sometimes they don't. I usually try kimchi that is made by people fresh, some of that crap from the stores tastes terrible. I like the taste of kimchi better than sauerkraut. I tried to eat more sauerkraut years ago when they said it was healthy... headache city.

Ive heard that as well I get mine from John's Super Foods they are excellent, it's fresh and they have loads of variety, my digestion has greatly improved since eating it, other places are definitely hit or miss. I didn't know about the antihistamine angle but I take a Zyrtec daily for allergies and it's supposed to help Meneires symptoms

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yes, it is intermittent fasting.
I've been successful in keeping my weight where I want ti for two years, almost.

I find if I have too much sugar in a day, I get carb cravings again.

I find that people who work often need the fuel that food provides to keep going during the day.
Since I retired, I think it is easier to maintain 18/6.
I was doing 20/4 for a brief time, but it is not easily sustainable.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The wife and I usually do about thirteen hours most days without eating, we don't usually eat after ten and skip breakfast, eating around eleven or twelve noon. If we have good safferin or cardimon bread, she can't resist it with her coffee in the morning though.
If I am doing a lot in the morning, I may grab a hard boiled egg out of the fridge, I try to always have them for a snack, otherwise I would grab carbs because they are easy to grab when I am busy doing things.
edit on 9-2-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, I've read that it is good for your body to give it a break from digesting foods.
Also good for blood sugars as well, I would guess.
So, less taxing on the pancreas?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah, I've read that it is good for your body to give it a break from digesting foods.
Also good for blood sugars as well, I would guess.
So, less taxing on the pancreas?

The pancreas makes quite a few enzymes and Hormones. So, it would get a rest I suppose. People most often think of the pancrease just making insulin, but it does a lot of things in the body.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi "cousin" i have slightly increased risk for pancreatic cancer also to type 1 diabetes which i do not have ( my son have) . The thing with genetic research is pretty much you might have or you don´t. So whatever you get as results it is a maybe maybe not. btw i sent you messages in here..
About genes and risks of diseases i used promethease ( you can upload your autosomal raw data and get health risk reports ) it might take some time to understand the risks , but we are all inviduals and one gene pair might get you in risk group and other override it, so it is constant battle between the gene pairs.
Prometease cost only 4 dollars but can give whole lot of information, for me it was more dietary issues. i have always knew red meat is not good for me.. so going with chicken and fish here mostly and i have somehow known it is the best diet for me to protein wise. Maybe the inuit genes are involved.
promethease

Promethease are used and built by researches of dna, it is kind of new era of human well being. For researches it is a open platform of research. So every gene pair is studied by medical professionals.

edit on 8-5-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have never liked milk based products, i hardly ever use those. Maybe because i used get stomach problems from those.. Years have passed and avoiding those i have not had any stomach issues. Nowadays i just use milk in my morning coffee in early morning and nothing after that.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Hi "cousin" i have slightly increased risk for pancreatic cancer also to type 1 diabetes which i do not have ( my son have) . The thing with genetic research is pretty much you might have or you don´t. So whatever you get as results it is a maybe maybe not. btw i sent you messages in here..
About genes and risks of diseases i used promethease ( you can upload your autosomal raw data and get health risk reports ) it might take some time to understand the risks , but we are all inviduals and one gene pair might get you in risk group and other override it, so it is constant battle between the gene pairs.
Prometease cost only 4 dollars but can give whole lot of information, for me it was more dietary issues. i have always knew red meat is not good for me.. so going with chicken and fish here mostly and i have somehow known it is the best diet for me to protein wise. Maybe the inuit genes are involved.
promethease

Promethease are used and built by researches of dna, it is kind of new era of human well being. For researches it is a open platform of research. So every gene pair is studied by medical professionals.

I got promethease for all of us, it cost us five bucks. but when they joined with My Heritage, we got free My heritage ancestry for free for like ten people I had the promethease account for.

I likwe the promethease for the money, but I also like Livewello to investigate further into things. Livewello has lots of related links to help a person to interpret the results. The one time twenty dollar fee was more than promethease, but I think it was worth having that too. Even though I paid for it for ten of us....I learned a lot about all of this stuff and got ideas of what to test on myself.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Have you heard of Herb Robert?

It is a natural source of germanium which as well as being an oxygen carrier and catalyst, also stimulates electrical impulses at a cellular level, which benefit the entire body according to Isabell Shipard a well known Australian herbalist. She further says that this humble herb has resulted in numerous amazing healings from such illnesses as cancer, colitis, chronic fatigue, cataracts, diabetes, mouth ulcers, bleeding gums and pain relief for those with rheumatism and arthritis. Even animals have been cured of cancer when fed with herb Robert in their food.

www.juliasedibleweeds.com/general/healing-with-herb-robert/

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I was intermittent fasting before I got into working out like I do now. It's just not practical now with the schedule I have. I have moved to a small snack, lunch, small snack, dinner routine. I might round it out with another small snack before bed.

My dad went through a pancreatic scare when I was growing up. He got a cyst, and they had to eat a special diet for 6 months. He was so sick of chicken by the time that was done! But it wasn't cancer, and that was the important part. Back then, pancreatic was a sure death sentence.
edit on 22-5-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Haven't researched Herb Robert yet. I have been focusing on combinations of natural Herbs we have been using for many generations, but I did look into it just now. I wonder what it tastes like. I tend to like parsley, sage, Rosemary, and thyme and I don't care for the high eugenol foods because they tend to dumb me down so I cannot think on my own when researching things. I spend a real lot of time looking at both sides of things to try to evaluate what to use things for and when to avoid them to treat things. I don't care much for the capsules of Hemp oil, even though they do work to control my epilepsy, they make it so I am too content and that causes me to not desire to learn more about things. Some of the food chemistry they promote as healthy dumbs you down so you are forced to accept what they say is true because reasoning tanks. Many people cannot evaluate things properly because they consume this chemistry.

Nutmeg in pumpkin pie makes me high, it makes me just want to sit around and watch stupid TV shows with no challenge. I mean that is not bad sometimes, but the dampening of intellect seems to last like three days. If the buzz lasted only an evening it would be all right, but three days is too long. Also the dumbing down from cannabis lasts a week, it does not go away the next day. Just like hemp oil. Maybe the THC is lowered, but the doping effect is still there. I used to smoke it many years ago and am very aware of the properties of Cannabis from experience. It takes away your initiative to get ahead in the world by dampening your ability to predict how what you are doing right now will effect your future.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There are many names for Geranium robertianum (official name)...herb Robert is just one of them, another name is stinking bob.

I pick 5 leaves and steep, twice a day..... drinking as a tea. There's not much flavour in the tea to be honest.... it's not stinking.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Pondered probiotics but couldnt ever figure out which way to go with it, between this and finally getting a gerd diagnosis I think ill pass on the probiotics till a doctor says I need it.

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

There are many names for Geranium robertianum (official name)...herb Robert is just one of them, another name is stinking bob.

I pick 5 leaves and steep, twice a day..... drinking as a tea. There's not much flavour in the tea to be honest.... it's not stinking.

I kind of like the taste of birch tree leaf tea myself with a tad bit of sugar. It is easy to gather some decent birch tree leaves and dry them for winter. But although I have had the tea....I have not collected leaves and dried them myself, I tasted it at a friends house. It has some good medical properties. A little alcohol with it would make it more potent to fight viruses, very little is needed though, just a dab will do it. White pine needle tea is good too, but boiling it too long makes it overpowering, I like it boiled for a minute then keep it in the hot water for five minutes or so. A tad bit of sugar makes it taste tasty. Sage tea is also antiviral and tasty...or add a little sage to some chicken broth to make an antiviral drink. I do like rosemary, but the tea is too fragrant for me...so is rosemary rotisserie chicken....a little is good tasting, too much is overpowering. Sage and Rosemary are both notropics, increasing ability to think for most people. But too much of a good thing is not good either, it only helps you think, it does not make you intelligent.

I like my mint in candies....for some reason that combination works good together. Those little peppermint patties and thin mints sure are tasty. If everything starts to go to hell, I have some mint outside, but I need to learn how to make candies out of it yet.

All things seem to have good and bad properties to them, assessing if overall they are good or bad is difficult but it does not stop people from saying things are superfoods by looking at one property of the food. All of the geranium family have good and bad associated with them medicinally....but many people do have these in the house and in an emergency they may have some necessary antidote or companion chemistry to them. I cannot research every plant species though, I stick to trying to find ones that I personally need to combat illnesses. The wife takes the top of a nice pineapple off and sticks it on some soil or something...I do not know how she actually does it. It grows pretty big and the leaves do have some medical and metabolic properties...and it is free when you buy a pineapple and the plant created is actually pretty looking.....and again...FREE.

edit on 22-5-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Use herb Robert as a preventative.

Herb robert is a supreme, therapeutic herb. Although, very little information is available, on the constituents, this herb’s action is one of the most outstanding herbs that we can use regularly, as an enhancer of the immune system.

herbsarespecial.com.au

I would be interested to see if you can come up with any bad properties associated with herb Robert.

I planted celery left over straight into a pot of dirt.....it has changed from white to bright glorious green and it is growing new shots..... it's amazing.
I am also growing a romaine lettuce from the left over end of a romaine lettuce.
edit on 22-5-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Hmmm. Doing research on Herb Robert I ran across a few interesting things about olive oil. The first was a guy doing a video that does not sound real smart, but his explanation is actually pretty accurate.

www.youtube.com...

nutritionfacts.org...

So, olive oil if not eaten with veggies has a negative effect on blood vessels.

I chose the nutritionfacts.org video to post because I have verified so much of the stuff they say and found it was interpreted correctly. I am sure that the guy has misinterpreted some things, but I have not yet found one that he has so far.

I'm in the process of searching about Herb Roberts, I have read about five articles and watched one video. The only thing I have found so far that could cause a problem is it's astringent effect...which can be a good medical benefit if it is used correctly but not for some conditions. I wonder if it is similar in strength to witch hazel. I have seen some of those plants here somewhere, with the red stems and purple flowers, but it could have been in someone's flower garden and not out in the woods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join